Resale Club 2019

McCor

10 minutes ago, Greenman95 said:

Hi guys, I'm a long time lurker of this forum posting for one of the first times in total desperation if anyone can help? My fiancé and I have been unsuccessful in all four sales this year, we’ve been to the last five festivals, and around the time that would have been Glastonbury last year got engaged on a sunny Saturday afternoon in front of the Pyramid stage (she said yes)!

The place is obviously so special to us as it is to so many people and we’re both absolutely gutted, I just thought I’d ask if there’s anyone who might be able to help us in the secret resales? I haven’t needed to get one for either of us in the secret sales previously, but I was successful for a friend a couple years ago, so we have some hope. We've entered every competition going so far, we haven’t quite come to terms with not being at the festival yet and not being at the farm next month. Please do let me know if anyone can help us? Any help will obviously be thanked with copious levels of a tipple of your choice! Thanks.

There was no secret resale in 2017 I'm afraid, judging by the speed of the resale this year I doubt there will be one this year, but you never know.

Your best bet is to sign up for checkpage or something similar just in case, it was so fast last time that trying for 3 tickets rather than 1 could mean the difference between someone (if they were trying for you) getting a ticket or not. 

7 hours ago, Greenman95 said:

Hi guys, I'm a long time lurker of this forum posting for one of the first times in total desperation if anyone can help? My fiancé and I have been unsuccessful in all four sales this year, we’ve been to the last five festivals, and around the time that would have been Glastonbury last year got engaged on a sunny Saturday afternoon in front of the Pyramid stage (she said yes)!

The place is obviously so special to us as it is to so many people and we’re both absolutely gutted, I just thought I’d ask if there’s anyone who might be able to help us in the secret resales? I haven’t needed to get one for either of us in the secret sales previously, but I was successful for a friend a couple years ago, so we have some hope. We've entered every competition going so far, we haven’t quite come to terms with not being at the festival yet and not being at the farm next month. Please do let me know if anyone can help us? Any help will obviously be thanked with copious levels of a tipple of your choice! Thanks.

Echo @franathy. I too believe prospects for a secret resale this year are extremely low....but never say never. There are so many here wanting tickets that self help is always going to be your first and best policy. So get a page checker and follow it avidly.

2 minutes ago, complementorylex said:

I’ve signed up for paid up webpage checker things and have now just realised that they didn’t even do a sale last year ??‍♂️

Yea but nobody knew they wouldn't and we don't know if they will this year either, all we know is that they have done it in the past, that's the point of the page checker.

10 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Hi Tom

have you buddy up yet , if not pm me your mobile and I will buddy up with you as well as @tinaw

gardian comp starts on 4th as well ?

I’ve seen a few people mention buddying up for the spreadsheet thing but I’m not sure how to get involved?

I'd be interested in getting involved in the competition spreadsheet too - I have tickets - was lucky enough to get through in the general sale and again for a friend in the resale... After years of not getting past the holding page (always friends who got through) I feel I have a lucky streak going on atm! 

I've actually had an account on here (but always lurked) since 2007! No idea of my log in details though so will set up another account and keep an eye on this thread and how to get involved.

Share the love! 

I’ve ruled myself out for any potential secret resale this year, so I’ve deleted myself from spreadsheet too, and the only one of my family who got a ticket in October (who was in a separate buying group) has now put his ticket back.

i’m happy to help out others if it happens though, crossing everything for all of you keeping the faith.

59 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Has anyone had any notifications from the website, I signed up a couple of days ago but had nothing. It me be that nothing has happened but was just wondering? 

Nothing since Wednesday

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

? what happened?

Barcode wouldn't scan, code wouldn't entered, a queue started forming behind me, I tried ringing the number and that was useless as there was no option for the barcode, I then asked the cashier if they had gone into TV LICENCE WESTERN UNION & MORE button and then I–MOVO, to enter the code and they hadn't, finally went through

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Barcode wouldn't scan, code wouldn't entered, a queue started forming behind me, I tried ringing the number and that was useless as there was no option for the barcode, I then asked the cashier if they had gone into TV LICENCE WESTERN UNION & MORE button and then I–MOVO, to enter the code and they hadn't, finally went through

I’m about to go and do this myself with exactly the same fear :lol: will report back how it goes.

Also I swear papers used to be like 60p... I saw online it’s like £2.20 or something now??

38 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Thanks for being the tester!

I assume I’ll have to do the same when I go so cheers

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I’m about to go and do this myself with exactly the same fear :lol: will report back how it goes.

Also I swear papers used to be like 60p... I saw online it’s like £2.20 or something now??

£3.20, although the barcode gets 15p off! ? 

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

Wasn't the sun 10p at one time? cheaper than toilet roll...