Resale Club 2019

McCor

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

For anyone using https://www.checkpage.co.uk ...

See Tickets had changed the msg on the holding page, and so the holding page has triggered alerts.

I've just filtered it out (I already had others filtered out), so as long as they don't change the wording again it shouldn't trigger further alerts.

Hmmm. I never got a message?

I don't know if I've got it in me to try for secret resale tickets that may not even happen.. I remember it too well from 2016 :(

Luckily, I had tickets for 2017. That must have been worse for people when it turned out there wasn't one. 

So if there is a secret resale then the likelihood is it will be next week as refund day is Friday?! Last year did you still get loads of page changes in the week when it should have been, or was it quieter than previous years? 

2 minutes ago, franathy said:

So if there is a secret resale then the likelihood is it will be next week as refund day is Friday?! Last year did you still get loads of page changes in the week when it should have been, or was it quieter than previous years? 

Absolutely no way of knowing or even guessing. It may or may not happen at anytime after the cancellation date. Last year (17) there were page alerts almost every day but usually for campervans, car park, worthy view etc. Install checkpage or similar and prepare for your nerves to be shredded and crushing disappointment regularly.

7 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Absolutely no way of knowing or even guessing. It may or may not happen at anytime after the cancellation date. Last year (17) there were page alerts almost every day but usually for campervans, car park, worthy view etc. Install checkpage or similar and prepare for your nerves to be shredded and crushing disappointment regularly.

I did the 2016 secret resale, promised myself never again haha. I did get tickets so it was worth it, but think if I'd missed out I'd have needed to be hospitalised after the experience. 

38 minutes ago, franathy said:

Loads. Lots of change notices that didn't even look like a change had taken place as well as adding and removing worthy view, car parking etc.

I've done the secret sales, ever since they've been a thing and I've always been successful (except in 2017), for those needing them in my extended group. A combination of being near a pc during the day and obsessively keeping on trying. Last year was a real pisser, but See are predictably unpredictable, so who knows this year? 

The one key difference for me this time though is that its me and my closest friends without tickets. ?

Something on another thread reminded me that this may be worth mentioning, as they're probably the least known of the bar companies at Glastonbury and I don't think they've been mentioned yet on this thread. Refresh West run the bars in Arcadia and Shangri La, and their web site says that they're still recruiting for 2019. May come to nothing but worth registering if anyone is still looking for a way in and prepared to do bar work?

http://www.refreshwest.com/recruitment

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

That’s awesome work ozanne , I’m going to buddy up with @tinaw , as I was trying for her and her hubby in the resale, with no success and feel a sense of guilt that we got tickets, and could not manage for mr & Mrs tinaw 

Thanks, hope it pays off. I’m looking for a helper if anyone fancies it?

9 minutes ago, incident said:

Something on another thread reminded me that this may be worth mentioning, as they're probably the least known of the bar companies at Glastonbury and I don't think they've been mentioned yet on this thread. Refresh West run the bars in Arcadia and Shangri La, and their web site says that they're still recruiting for 2019. May come to nothing but worth registering if anyone is still looking for a way in and prepared to do bar work?

Look interesting, they say they need 3 months of ‘solid bar experience’ which rules me out sadly. It’ll probably be helpful for someone though!

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

That’s awesome work ozanne , I’m going to buddy up with @tinaw , as I was trying for her and her hubby in the resale, with no success and feel a sense of guilt that we got tickets, and could not manage for mr & Mrs tinaw 

9 minutes ago, incident said:

Look interesting, they say they need 3 months of ‘solid bar experience’ which rules me out sadly. It’ll probably be helpful for someone though!

8 hours ago, Ozanne said:

They may be more lenient on the experience closer to the festival if they still need staff. 

9 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Surely that can be blagged, can't see them checking up on it!

10 hours ago, incident said:

@lucyginger

11 hours ago, incident said:

Very interesting...would have thought all bar positions are now filled!

Has anyone applied? Or worked with them before?

I read the T's & C's and seems to be the same as most other places - pay a deposit that you get back after the fest, sign in / out at shifts etc. Didn't see anything on the number of shifts needed to work though..

I would be very interested in this although I haven't worked in a bar for years. Did bar work in a few different places so technically have the relevant experience, though it's not recent

Hi guys, I'm a long time lurker of this forum posting for one of the first times in total desperation if anyone can help? My fiancé and I have been unsuccessful in all four sales this year, we’ve been to the last five festivals, and around the time that would have been Glastonbury last year got engaged on a sunny Saturday afternoon in front of the Pyramid stage (she said yes)!

The place is obviously so special to us as it is to so many people and we’re both absolutely gutted, I just thought I’d ask if there’s anyone who might be able to help us in the secret resales? I haven’t needed to get one for either of us in the secret sales previously, but I was successful for a friend a couple years ago, so we have some hope. We've entered every competition going so far, we haven’t quite come to terms with not being at the festival yet and not being at the farm next month. Please do let me know if anyone can help us? Any help will obviously be thanked with copious levels of a tipple of your choice! Thanks.