Resale Club 2019

McCor

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

Ok , so it seams we buddy up ( ticket holder with none ticket holder ) and enter as many competitions as possible on their behalf, a random email, with none ticket holder name and phone number.

Yeah that sounds ok.

I can add to the spreadsheet after work tomorrow if no-one has done it in the meantime. 

How are we going to organise the buddying up?

8 hours ago, scho said:

So is there a secret resale thread for this year yet or are we going with the assumption that it's not going to happen?

Some useful info would be the secret sale dates for 15 and 16 if anyones got them.

I managed to get two tickets for me and the Mrs in the 2016 secret resale. Looking back over my confirmation emails, I believe the resale happened on Thursday 12th May, early afternoon (my confirmation email was at 3.47pm) but I suspect it was an hour or more before that. It wasn't an announced sale and there was nothing significant about the timing)

There are probably many here who remember other details, but what I recall as being significant at the time was:

- There was a ticket-page monitoring service that eFestivals ran at the time which for a small charge sent out a text when they detected a change to the ticket pages. I subscribed and it was right on the money

- I'd also installed the checkpage plugin for Chrome to monitor all the different URLs that I could think of that were associated with the ticket buying process which included:

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/addregistrations

A derivation of https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/Glastonbury-2019/worthy-farm/900001

(DISCLAIMER: I've no idea if any of these are still used/involved in the process...)

The page monitor pinged every time there was a change to one of the URLs which was nerve-wracking in itself.

- I'd ensured that autocomplete on Chrome had remembered mine and my wife's registration numbers and postcode (probably through previous attempts to buy tickets in the normal sales).

- I had my card details etc saved in a document ready to copy and paste.

- I was working at home at the time which meant that I was poised near my laptop whenever the alerts came. This was pretty essential and meant that for a few days I was on standby pretty much...

There were a load of 'false alarms' from the page monitors as it seemed as though periodically see tickets would add a few worthy view tickets back on there (although it may have just been minor changes to the pages that the monitors detected).

When the actual resale happened, it was REALLY quick... I suspect if I had been going for more tickets for more people it would have been impossible... it really was a case of right place, right time.

In 2017 I remember keeping an eye on things for similar sales using similar methods, but there weren't any (obviously). It doesn't mean to say there won't be any this year, but I can fully understand just how nerve-wracking it is for anyone who may be looking for tickets still via this means... the more you invest in the process, the harder it may be when you are potentially disappointed. That said, with it being entirely un-official I'd say it's worth keeping an eye on if you're able to and need tickets... just don't pin your hopes on it!

Anyway, for what it's worth, that's my experience. I hope it helps someone!

Good luck to all who still need tickets! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

For anyone using https://www.checkpage.co.uk ...

See Tickets had changed the msg on the holding page, and so the holding page has triggered alerts.

I've just filtered it out (I already had others filtered out), so as long as they don't change the wording again it shouldn't trigger further alerts.

Hi Neil,

Which pages are best to turn on, all 3 of the seeticket pages or just http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/ ?

I got an alert and for a sec I thought it was a secret sale as it appeared as though more tickets were going. Even got to the grey holding page! But when I put my reg deets it said admission tickets unavailable so who knows!

1 hour ago, thazlewood said:

I managed to get two tickets for me and the Mrs in the 2016 secret resale. Looking back over my confirmation emails, I believe the resale happened on Thursday 12th May, early afternoon (my confirmation email was at 3.47pm) but I suspect it was an hour or more before that. It wasn't an announced sale and there was nothing significant about the timing)

There are probably many here who remember other details, but what I recall as being significant at the time was:

- There was a ticket-page monitoring service that eFestivals ran at the time which for a small charge sent out a text when they detected a change to the ticket pages. I subscribed and it was right on the money

- I'd also installed the checkpage plugin for Chrome to monitor all the different URLs that I could think of that were associated with the ticket buying process which included:

A derivation of https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/Glastonbury-2019/worthy-farm/900001

(DISCLAIMER: I've no idea if any of these are still used/involved in the process...)

The page monitor pinged every time there was a change to one of the URLs which was nerve-wracking in itself.

- I'd ensured that autocomplete on Chrome had remembered mine and my wife's registration numbers and postcode (probably through previous attempts to buy tickets in the normal sales).

- I was working at home at the time which meant that I was poised near my laptop whenever the alerts came. This was pretty essential and meant that for a few days I was on standby pretty much...

There were a load of 'false alarms' from the page monitors as it seemed as though periodically see tickets would add a few worthy view tickets back on there (although it may have just been minor changes to the pages that the monitors detected).

When the actual resale happened, it was REALLY quick... I suspect if I had been going for more tickets for more people it would have been impossible... it really was a case of right place, right time.

In 2017 I remember keeping an eye on things for similar sales using similar methods, but there weren't any (obviously). It doesn't mean to say there won't be any this year, but I can fully understand just how nerve-wracking it is for anyone who may be looking for tickets still via this means... the more you invest in the process, the harder it may be when you are potentially disappointed. That said, with it being entirely un-official I'd say it's worth keeping an eye on if you're able to and need tickets... just don't pin your hopes on it!

This is really helpful. ?

Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Thea! said:

I just have the root on but didn’t get any alerts this morning. Neil should I be worried? I have credits :)

from a quick check it looks like it was the https://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2019/worthy-farm/1300001  page that was being triggered.

I guess that's because the main page is hosted on a different server, and only one of the servers went 'busy'.

On 5/8/2017 at 3:58 PM, RandyFishcake said:

Great help yes, thanks @GrowlerPhil!

Just for clarity i'll put that info with all my info and update 2016...

• Refund - Friday May 3rd
  • Resale - Wednesday May 8th

• Refund - Friday May 9th
  • Resale - Wednesday May 14th - 2pm

• Refund - Friday May 8th
  • Resale - Monday May 18th - 3pm
  • Lasted 13 mins approx

• Refund - Friday May 6th
  • Resale - Thursday May 12th - 3.45pm
  • Lasted 2 mins approx

• Refund - Friday May 5th
  • Resale - ?????

Edited by netspy
  • Upvote 2

G'morning, finally have the guts to get back to the resale thread. Absolutely devastated that we've failed in eight sales and resales in a row now. Promised myself I wouldn't do a secret resale again and we've started to look for alternatives, but I might keep an eye on this page 'till half of May.

Who knows.

2 hours ago, thazlewood said:

We clearly share exactly the same thought processes and obsessive attention to detail my friend! 

• Like 1

Another resale casualty here!

Can anyone remember how many tickets you can book in the secret resales in the past (if there is one and if lucky enough to spot it and if you are lucky enough to get through and if...……)?  Thanks.

9 minutes ago, bellboy said:

Another resale casualty here!

Can anyone remember how many tickets you can book in the secret resales in the past (if there is one and if lucky enough to spot it and if you are lucky enough to get through and if...……)?  Thanks.

Pretty sure it's been two when I've done it previous years but might be wrong.

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 9:10 AM, stt11 said:

I've deleted my name from the spreadsheet. Because I have booked onto a Big Green coach package, to Rock Werchter festival, in Belgium. I'll just leave the link here, in case anyone else wants to book:-

https://www.biggreencoach.co.uk/events/rock-werchter-tickets-coach-travel

Please can someone try for the coach sale buddy, I have to leave behind, when leaving this re-sale club. His username is @maelzoid  . You will find his details on the spreadsheet. Thank-You.:drinks:

Hey, thanks for thinking of me. I hope you have a fantastic time at Werchter.

Thanks.

But then I guess there is no pattern!!!!!

Not been in this position before having always been lucky in the general sale.  It hurts!!  Good luck to everyone hanging in there.  You know when you've got it bad when you sit there refreshing the sold out screen for 10 minutes - just in case.

13 minutes ago, bellboy said:

Thanks.

But then I guess there is no pattern!!!!!

Not been in this position before having always been lucky in the general sale.  It hurts!!  Good luck to everyone hanging in there.  You know when you've got it bad when you sit there refreshing the sold out screen for 10 minutes - just in case.

This is what I keep doing!!! First time in 10 years with no ticket and it is very painful.