Resale Club 2019

McCor

4 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm of the opinion that the 2020 festival will sell out even quicker. On this website alone it's been discussed and hyped up since 2016. These days the weather has no bearing on the following year, 2017 tickets (on sale less than four months after the mudbath of 2016) sold out in less than an hour.

I do think that demand might tail off slightly for 2021 though

I'm looking for some reasons to be hopeful, pessimism can wait till October!

10 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Who are you looking into working with?

Oxfam. You need to register here;

https://myfestivals.oxfam.org.uk/Account/Register

and then just keep refreshing their page of available spaces. They have come up randomly and I'm sure there will be cancellations after yesterdays resale. They look very good. Have already signed up for Boomtown and if you do two this year you get on a priority for Glasto 2020 next year (which is a good banker to have!).

The rain & mud in 2007 was legendary. Worst I've seen in last 20 years. One of our group actually dislocated her hip through the sheer strain of wading through the deep sticky, gloopy mud....Resilient girl, she was back the the fest Saturday on crutches  after a trip to A&E Friday night!

Does seem that there were very few resale successes on the boards this year- a lot fewer than in years past. 

I'm not convinced the 50 year anniversary will make much difference (does the average person really care?) - the festival won't really be any different. Can't remember the 40th anniversary being significantly worse ticket buying wise

42 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

True but how many of them would be trying regardless?  The 50th may  be a big deal to those who already go but will it have a significant impact on the casual punter? Will it cause more people to try (who normally wouldn't) just because it's the 50th?

Given how many people try for tickets already, I don't think it's going to make too much of a difference

I'm not sure who the casual punter is these days tbh, given how many years the festival has been on, how many millions have attended over those years and the amount of TV and web coverage it gets.

I can say I've seen tons of posts even in the last 24 hours talking about next year - sites with lots of followers such as the Feed one which write about say the potential of FM or Macca playing next year, however valid or not it may be.

Edited by clarkete

1 hour ago, Penrhos said:

Managed to get two tickets for someone at work who'd missed out in the main sale.

Thought the good Karma would help me in the CV resale - nope only options were Bath & West and we needed a second CV East Quiet.

My friends ended up with 2, one of which they have returned so keep monitoring SeeTickets as more will be on sale. :)

3 minutes ago, smudger said:

How did you do yesterday?

Tried for my bro in law and niece....got reg's all in and then tickets couldn't be allocated ?

Mrs P and I have some work stuff that mean we can't commit to going ourselves at present...but I may get a work opportunity if things work out nearer the time.  Otherwise its 2020 ?

2 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I'm not sure who the casual punter is these days tbh, given how many years the festival has been on, how many millions have attended over those years and the amount of TV and web coverage it gets.

I can say I've seen tons of posts even in the last 24 hours talking about next year - sites with lots of followers such as the Feed one which write about say the potential of FM or Macca playing next year, however valid or not it may be.

Plus if ever there was a time and place Zeppelin played, Glasto's 50th is pretty high on the list.

Personally I doubt they will of course, but its speculation like that that will drive up the numbers.

1 minute ago, smudger said:

Plus if ever there was a time and place Zeppelin played, Glasto's 50th is pretty high on the list.

Personally I doubt they will of course, but its speculation like that that will drive up the numbers.

Didn't Neil hint at a rumour of no metal slot this year because of something 'big' for 2020?

Just now, parsonjack said:

Tried for my bro in law and niece....got reg's all in and then tickets couldn't be allocated ?

Mrs P and I have some work stuff that mean we can't commit to going ourselves at present...but I may get a work opportunity if things work out nearer the time.  Otherwise its 2020 ?

Got a little further than me then, got the numbers in by 9.01, but then nothing ?. First fail in 20 years!

1 minute ago, smudger said:

Got a little further than me then, got the numbers in by 9.01, but then nothing ?. First fail in 20 years!

God that's harsh.  See's process has def changed...getting a page up and numbers in is far more of a lottery than it used to be. It's never been a guarantee but this year has shown it means even less. 

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Well I got a reply from See, very to the point!

"Hi

There are no tickets booked under the registration numbers provided so unfortunately it appears you don’t have tickets for this years festival.

Unlucky. Myself however, I took advantage of the corporate allocation and booked in 65 of my mates.  We're going to have an absolute belter of a time!  I hear the BBC coverage is quite good though. 

Kind Regards,

Matt"

Booo! Worth a go!

Added what Matt wanted to say..... 

21 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Well I got a reply from See, very to the point!

"Hi

There are no tickets booked under the registration numbers provided so unfortunately it appears you don’t have tickets for this years festival.

Kind Regards,

Matt"

Booo! Worth a go!

I don’t know this guy Matt from Adam but I hate him 

2 hours ago, Lycra said:

Depends just how muddy it is and how much it's publicised. There was a huge down turn in 2008 after the quagmire of 2007 and with the main sale now in the autumn memories will be fresher.

Think we all expect the worst for 2020 due to the numbers holding out for Glasto 50. And when you try to explain to a first timer the actual chances of getting a ticket it totally fails to sink in....In their head they are going and some I know have already booked their leave.  ?

That’s over a decade ago though. Things have moved on since then.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm of the opinion that the 2020 festival will sell out even quicker. On this website alone it's been discussed and hyped up since 2016. These days the weather has no bearing on the following year, 2017 tickets (on sale less than four months after the mudbath of 2016) sold out in less than an hour.

I do think that demand might tail off slightly for 2021 though

As long as See are the ticket buying operator, it won't sell out any faster, there'll just be more disappointed people (if there is any actual increase in demand).

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

It was worth a go but was always going to be unlikely. I might give it one more go though.

Fingers crossed someone off here wins some of the competitions! :) 

I’ll  state this here and now. 

Ive entered a couple of comps but I know it’s unlikely I’ll be able to get time off work should I be lucky enough to win...

If I win you can have my tickets!

Its there in black and white.