Resale Club 2019

McCor

Morning all, 

How are we feeling today then? Pretty depressing to still be on here. I was here in 2017 too after 11 festivals in a row. This thread made it a bit more bearable with others in the same boat but then the secret resale we were banking on didn't happen in the end. :(

Managed to get to the enter reg details page yesterday but then all tickets had been allocated  when I pressed proceed / back / proceed. I was surprised they went so quickly  

anyway, I'm here to the death now  signing up to check page soon.

so what date and time do we think for the secret resale then? :)

I'm so sorry to everyone who didn't get tickets yesterday. I was trying for someone and didn't even get a sniff.

Please do keep your eyes peeled on all social medias, local companies and newspapers, radio etc for competitions. It's not impossible to win tickets. I know quite a few who have previously, including myself. I have a competitions thread that I'm doing my best to update. 

You can actually have Google and Twitter alerts for following phrases or hashtags. For example;
I have a Google e-mail alert on 'win festival tickets uk' because I can't afford to go to all the festivals I want, so try and win tickets to them! 

Very strange feeling today. Had mental images of Glastonbury running around my brain all day yesterday and the reality hit that I more than likely won't be there this year....again!

Been going since 2010 and seems our luck ran out in 2017. Haven't gotten past the grey screen of death since October 2016. I have gotten through in secret resales twice; in 2013 and 2016 so here's hoping!

55 minutes ago, General Lee said:

so what date and time do we think for the secret resale then? :)

Think someone mentione 17th May for the 2016 secret resale, it's not stated on the Glastonbury Thingy though.

From the lack of numbers predicted in the resale I can't imagine there is going to be a secret resale. 

Edited by Padgey

2 minutes ago, Padgey said:

From the lack of numbers predicted in the resale I can't imagine there is going to be a secret resale. 

Yeah, plus the resale being later than usual this year means that there's less of a window before the cancellation deadline for tickets to be returned. Think people have to work to the assumption it's not going to happen, while still keeping on top of it and if something does drop then it's a nice bonus.

Definitely getting harder to get tickets and very difficult when you have been and absolutely love it to deal with not going.

I love Christmas and view Glastonbury as my mid year "Christmas" love the preparation and build up nearly as much as the festival. 

I have been very lucky and attended many Glastonburys  but have been unable to get tickets for 3 out of the last 6 . It is a horrible feeling but something most of us will experience due to such demand.

36 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Think someone mentione 17th May for the 2016 secret resale, it's not stated on the Glastonbury Thingy though.

Yes, realistically I don't think there will be one either after last time :(

2017 it got to the point where I'd be too scared to leave my desk at work to go to the toilet in case a notification came through.

Hey all, I’m so really glad for those that secured tickets yesterday at least some from on here did (I’m not one) you’ll have an amazing time.

I’m not personally going for any non-potential secret resale myself, I’m not going this year, it’s fate, however, I need to keep my sanity in check - 2017 non-sale was a brutal few weeks, having secured secret resale tickets a few years in the past, they can happen and it is possible if you’re completely dedicated (and bonkers enough to plough through it).

I’ll be dipping in and out of here and will keep monitoring just in case, so if any of the hardcore keep-the-faith resalers that I can help over the next few weeks need an extra pair of hands (I work all day at a computer) drop me a pm and I’ll do my best if the time comes. 

Congratulations to all those who managed to get a ticket.  I was trying for my friends and didn't even have a sniff.

Was there any info regarding how many tickets were available?

I don't mean to be pessimistic when I say that I doubt there'll be a resale this year but if there was one thing I learned from '17, is that holding on to that hope can be mentally and emotionally draining.

As @moheetoes said, 2017 was brutal. Looking back I don't know how I made it through it without losing my mind, girlfriend or job.  Fortunately the guys in the thread where all amazing and kept us all from going over the edge but goddamn it's a rollercoaster I don't want to go on again.

If you are determined to go, all I can suggest is get signed up to that page checker notifier thingy and get on the standby lists for all of the stewarding / volunteer / Charity organisations. 

As a last resort, DC site services usually have spaces open up at the last minute - I managed to get a place on the Wednesday of the festival so miracles can happen.  Out of the options, DC is probably the most restrictive in regards to how much of the festival you can experience  - think you end up working 4 out of the 5 days of the festival, you have to camp in the crew camping outside of the site and they weren't the nicest chaps to work for, though they had a ridiculous amount of people doing runners so it's hardly surprising.

But you will be at Glastonbury and you'll be getting paid for the shifts that you do, so at least it covers the cost of the festival!

Best of luck to all those still trying. I hope I'm wrong and there's a secret sale for you guys!

Morning

So we started with about 20 in our group back in October, and after different combinations of coach and main and re-sales, we're down to just 4 without tickets. Sadly for me I'm on that list. Had nearly 40 trying for us on Sunday and whist I got the booking page within seconds it failed to get to the credit card page. You can't expect success every time, but it doesn't stop you wanting it.

Am looking into getting a working ticket, but that isn't an option for the other 3 so I'll be here and on See's page for the next few weeks just in case there is a secret sale. Have been lucky in those twice before, and am hoping after the no-show in 2017 that See will carry on with their predictable unpredictability!

2 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Muddy doesn’t make any difference anymore. 

2016 was really muddy and tickets for 2017 still sold out really fast.

Depends just how muddy it is and how much it's publicised. There was a huge down turn in 2008 after the quagmire of 2007 and with the main sale now in the autumn memories will be fresher.

Think we all expect the worst for 2020 due to the numbers holding out for Glasto 50. And when you try to explain to a first timer the actual chances of getting a ticket it totally fails to sink in....In their head they are going and some I know have already booked their leave.  ?

I remember the anxiety of waiting for the ‘secret sale’ that never happened in 2017.

Total abject misery is a fair way of describing the non event.

As has been said before I fear for next year what with it being the big 50.

2 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

As has been said before I fear for next year what with it being the big 50.

I'm already anxious for that T-day though I'm telling myself that I doubt there'll be significantly more trying than usual unless there's a big announcement regarding it prior to the sale. 

Managed to get two tickets for someone at work who'd missed out in the main sale.

Thought the good Karma would help me in the CV resale - nope only options were Bath & West and we needed a second CV East Quiet.

33 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I'm already anxious for that T-day though I'm telling myself that I doubt there'll be significantly more trying than usual unless there's a big announcement regarding it prior to the sale. 

You've not been reading many posts or much social media?  I've seen tons of comments just since yesterday with people speculating about difficulty next year.

The shorter period than usual between the resale and the refund cut off date is a bad omen. Leaves little time for returned tickets numbers to build for and so necessitate a secret resale.

Fear we're in 2017 territory when Easter Sunday was similarly late falling on 16th April. Easter was similarly late in 2011 & 2014: would be interesting to know what was the last date for return tickets those years and if secret resales occurred.

55 minutes ago, smudger said:

Morning

So we started with about 20 in our group back in October, and after different combinations of coach and main and re-sales, we're down to just 4 without tickets. Sadly for me I'm on that list. Had nearly 40 trying for us on Sunday and whist I got the booking page within seconds it failed to get to the credit card page. You can't expect success every time, but it doesn't stop you wanting it.

Am looking into getting a working ticket, but that isn't an option for the other 3 so I'll be here and on See's page for the next few weeks just in case there is a secret sale. Have been lucky in those twice before, and am hoping after the no-show in 2017 that See will carry on with their predictable unpredictability!

Who are you looking into working with?

4 minutes ago, clarkete said:

You've not been reading many posts or much social media?  I've seen tons of comments just since yesterday with people speculating about difficulty next year.

True but how many of them would be trying regardless?  The 50th may  be a big deal to those who already go but will it have a significant impact on the casual punter? Will it cause more people to try (who normally wouldn't) just because it's the 50th?

Given how many people try for tickets already, I don't think it's going to make too much of a difference

8 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Apologies to people with tix and NFR NFC, but a wet and muddy Glastonbury might be the best for 2020

I'm of the opinion that the 2020 festival will sell out even quicker. On this website alone it's been discussed and hyped up since 2016. These days the weather has no bearing on the following year, 2017 tickets (on sale less than four months after the mudbath of 2016) sold out in less than an hour.

I do think that demand might tail off slightly for 2021 though

55 minutes ago, smudger said:

Morning

Who are you looking into working with?