Resale Club 2019

McCor

3piAyFh.jpg
Dawn on Monday in 2017. "See you soon, Glastonbury" I said, now it seems soon will be 1000 days.

At least it will feel fresh and newer again when we do return. I think I'll be sticking around the forum, it's a nice community, and unless it gets too much, I'd like to participate with the excitement of it all, I feel too connected to just ignore it all. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

There is no way of knowing when or even if a secret resale will go live I’m afraid. The best thing you can do is have a pagechecker ie. checkpage.co.uk running to notify you of any changes to the ticket page then get at it. Warning: it’s hugely stressful! There is always numerous changes to the page in the run up to the festival which mean nothing and get your hopes up only to crush them again.☹️

In 2017 there was no secret resale at all and the best guess is that any cancelled/failed tickets were just absorbed into the staff tickets.

Thank you for your reply, I'll try not to get my hopes up too much ? for the page checker, should you be following the seetickets page or a different one? 

I thought it was a bit off that they didn't do a secret resale at all last time. Seemed like it was becoming one of those things we 'assumed' would happen for the more determined amongst us.

Still, at least a few more of the TOWIE and Love Island crew got to go. 

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

Hiya mate, How's it going?  Did you manage get a ticket this year? There's still a couple of months so there might be some miracle that comes along to get me there.

All good here thanks 

A friend got through for me in October. 

Yes don't give up hope. I'll try for you if there is a further sale.  

Don't give up hope mate. I'm sorry for you and everyone else who missed out today.

Bearded Theory is now the starter for the main course. Me and my girlfriend managed to get tickets. She was shaking like mad putting reg details in. Acute ticket anxiety. The rest of our group had sacked it after missing out in October. Sending love and luck to anyone who missed out, hope you all get fixed up in whichever way possible.

19 minutes ago, PKate said:

Thank you for your reply, I'll try not to get my hopes up too much ? for the page checker, should you be following the seetickets page or a different one? 

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'd like to know that as well, what page on Seetickets should you follow?

I can’t remember which one it is but I would imagine it’s glastonbury.seetickets.com if anybody else can confirm?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

I can’t remember which one it is but I would imagine it’s glastonbury.seetickets.com if anybody else can confirm?

It's the content/extras page

Edited by Levitz

5 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Yep it's just that. But as warned before it will consume your life. I'm sure someone at Seetickets just deliberately makes tiny changes to the page just to watch all of our reactions. There are many false alarms! I think it was around 11th May back in 2016 when the 60 second sell-out happened.

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Thanks for the information. I'm genuinely interested in the differing options here, do you mind if I drop you a message about what you did and who I could contact?

I am happy to miss some of the acts and willing to compromise as long as i can see The Killers.

Sure thing.   However I would say that if you volunteer or work, you dont normally know your shifts until you turn up so no guarantee  of being able to see the exact act you want. 

29 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Anyone know if there's any working places available with anyone? 

Probably not right at the moment - but some may come up. If they get any cancellations, Oxfam will immediately release the places straight back into the pool, so if you can basically camp out on their web site there's a reasonable chance of snagging a place.

Sign up / stay logged in at https://myfestivals.oxfam.org.uk/ - then refresh the page every few minutes and check to see whether Glastonbury has become available. I guess it's probably more likely they come up during office hours and probably especially over the next week or two as there might be a few come available from people who were successful in the resale.

Edited by incident
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, incident said:

Probably not right at the moment - but some may come up - If they get any cancellations. Oxfam will immediately release the places straight back into the pool, so if you can basically camp out on their web site there's a reasonable chance of snagging a place.

Sign up / stay logged in at https://myfestivals.oxfam.org.uk/ - then refresh the page every few minutes and check to see whether Glastonbury has become available. I guess it's probably more likely they come up during office hours and probably especially over the next week or two as there might be a few come available from people who were successful in the resale.

Cheers @incident, I'm registered with them so will keep checking.  Where there's a will there's a way!  Good point with the resale success having an affect.

2 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Cheers @incident, I'm registered with them so will keep checking.  Where there's a will there's a way!  Good point with the resale success having an affect.

Cool - remember that if you select a festival and click "Proceed", the next thing that happens is that they take your card details in order to reserve your place. So worth having that to hand as you'll be against the clock.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, incident said:

Probably not right at the moment - but some may come up. If they get any cancellations, Oxfam will immediately release the places straight back into the pool, so if you can basically camp out on their web site there's a reasonable chance of snagging a place.

This is what I would be doing if I was ticketless. I think you're only driving yourself mental with secret resales. With only 5000 tickets returned and no secret resale last time around and only 1 that lasted a minute in 2016 it's surely unlikely there'll be one this year?

8 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

you will love it , but its a double edged sword , as many on here will tell you , once you have been , you will NEVER want to miss it , and if you don't get a ticket one year , its Samaritans on speed dial time …... 

This is 100% correct. 

On that note... anyone got their number?