Resale Club 2019

McCor

29 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

It takes a special breed of person to deal with the secret resales. It was crushing 

Don’t I know it! Had a crazy run through Manchester Piccadilly train station trying to catch my train when the check page text came thru for secret sale in May 2016. Boyfriend got the text too, managed to get the reg numbers in and through to payment page before they sold out ?

No luck for our 4.

Lots of cuddles being dished out round our house right now and even surprised myself a mo ago when I had to rush upstairs to have a slightly tearful moment, and I'm a 49 year old bloke. Call me an ott idiot but would have been my 30th Glasto and rightly or wrongly I'm a bit more obsessed than others tho I understand I don't deserve a ticket more than anyone else. The last few months have been hard and maybe I'm a fool but  even now I still havent given up hope.

Congrats to all that we're successful x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, missnutmeg said:

How do you find out about the secret resales out of interest? Didn’t realise they actually happened... Thx

You need to monitor (using a Checkpage) the See page for changes as secrect resales are never pre-announced. If one occurs uIt didn't in 2017) it usually happens mid-May on a weekday afternoon. If one does happen it provokes a mad frenzy with tickets selling in 1 minute or so....Have known people scared even to go to the toilet when a potential secret resale time occurs. ?

2 minutes ago, Cooter said:

No luck for our 4.

Lots of cuddles being dished out round our house right now and even surprised myself a mo ago when I had to rush upstairs to have a slightly tearful moment, and I'm a 49 year old bloke. Call me an ott idiot but would have been my 30th Glasto and rightly or wrongly I'm a bit more obsessed than others tho I understand I don't deserve a ticket more than anyone else. The last few months have been hard and maybe I'm a fool but  even now I still havent given up hope.

Congrats to all that we're successful x

It’s not over until the gates close, just keep trying competitions :) 

35 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

That was really difficult. None of my mates got by the holding page. Huge thanks to @BL1ND T1G3R and @vintagelaureate for trying for my group of 4. Vintage actually got to the payment screen and it crashed! The link even went to /booking/complete! So close.

Unfortunately wasn’t to be.

Thanks for trying both! :) 

If it went to booking complete then even though it crashed it may still have gone through- worth checking emails and seetickets check. This has happened loads of times before so you never know! 

17 minutes ago, missnutmeg said:

How do you find out about the secret resales out of interest? Didn’t realise they actually happened... Thx

It didn’t happen in 2017, but if there are any tickets going back in the pot before final refund deadline, it can be anytime after that date, unannounced - or not at all.

9 minutes ago, Miesh said:

Oh shit!  I've not kept up with chat. I'm realy sorry.

Hiya mate, How's it going?  Did you manage get a ticket this year? There's still a couple of months so there might be some miracle that comes along to get me there.

We had twenty-two people trying at different addresses for eight tickets. We managed to get four but hit the sold-out sign after entering the registration details for the other four. We luckily already had our tickets, but I agree this resale seemed pretty brutal. There also appears to be little to no benefit at being tech-savvy these days. During the initial sale, my mother-in-law got through twice straight away on her phone. This time we used VPN’s all over the world, multiple wifi and 4G connections, and were trying various tricks, but nothing worked.

5 minutes ago, sedra said:

If it went to booking complete then even though it crashed it may still have gone through- worth checking emails and seetickets check. This has happened loads of times before so you never know! 

Yeah I keep checking my emails but my friend checked her online banking and nothing has come off her credit card :(