Resale Club 2019

McCor

2 minutes ago, thesecretingredientiscrime said:

Whether trying to convince themselves or something else, there was a certain misconception that getting a ticket in the resale would be very easy because seemingly half the festival was giving their ticket back due to the lineup and possibly waiting for next year. In reality, I don’t think either of those are true

We were trying to convince ourselves ?

Is there any chance that some of the returned tickets went "somewhere else" and didn't go on sale today? Extra hospitality allocation? More builders working on all the extra stuff on-site getting given them? Decided to keep the overall numbers a bit lower this year?? I'm clutching at straws to understand such a low number in the resale today

Just now, tumbles said:

Even though I have my ticket I’m already thinking how horrible 2020 could be given the hype and likely lineup. It’s going to just get worse every year isn’t it? ?

Just enjoy this year. 

3 minutes ago, billum said:

Is there any chance that some of the returned tickets went "somewhere else" and didn't go on sale today? Extra hospitality allocation? More builders working on all the extra stuff on-site getting given them? Decided to keep the overall numbers a bit lower this year?? I'm clutching at straws to understand such a low number in the resale today

It's possible, but probably unlikely.

As of the licence change a couple years ago, the festival is now allowed more staff tickets than they need / use (hospitality also comes out of the that allocation), so there shouldn't be any need to dip into the 135,000 public tickets to supplement.

2 minutes ago, tumbles said:

Even though I have my ticket I’m already thinking how horrible 2020 could be given the hype and likely lineup. It’s going to just get worse every year isn’t it? ?

Yes it probably will be.  My philosophy now is to treat every one I get to as possibly being my last, so to enjoy it to the full, when leaving the site on the Monday taking a long lingering look at the site just in case I never get to see it again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Fuck that was nerve shredding. Daughter got through after 5mins, entered reg numbers,post codes etc etc. Got through to payment page after a few seconds entered card details and the fucking bank declined payment ?. After a minute or 2 she got a text message from her bank asking if it was her who was trying to make the payment.She replied yes and they then sent a text asking her to wait 10minutes before trying again. She just pressed pay again and thank fuck the payment confirmed sign came up ? Would have been proper pissed to miss out because of her poxy bank.

• Like 2

Absolutely heartbreaking for anyone missing out. Nothing anyone could possibly say could really make it okay, I’ve been here before. I know people on the outside will say it’s just a weekend, but I know it’s not. I know how much it means to people to be there. Sadly wasn’t able to help out in the end (and feel terrible for it) but doesn’t look like I would have made much of a difference. This year looked particularly difficult with so few back in the pot ?

Edited by D-Low
  • Like 1

Having sulked for the last 6 months I'm now back in the game - rather strangely my PC let me down but noticed my phone had opened the sale page whilst I wasn't looking! Some quick typing of reg number and I'm in

Now any line-up news? Genuinely have no idea who is playing this year as been pretending i didn't care.

No luck here. 4 people trying for 2 tickets. From what I read here I get the impression the success rate in the resale has been low or even very low. That infers the demand for tickets has been exceptionally high and availability low. Gives a sense of foreboding for a secret sale and getting tickets for next year....and future years thereafter. Am I alone in thinking an intervention from the weather my be the only realistic way to reducing demand? Not that I wish it.

ps.  When Mrs Lycra does not have a ticket the fest has always been very wet and very muddy...just saying

Just now, Lycra said:

No luck here. 4 people trying for 2 tickets. From what I read here I get the impression the success rate in the resale has been low or even very low. That infers the demand for tickets has been exceptionally high and availability low. Gives a sense of foreboding for a secret sale and getting tickets for next year....and future years thereafter. Am I alone in thinking an intervention from the weather my be the only realistic way to reducing demand? Not that I wish it.

ps.  When Mrs Lycra does not have a ticket the fest has always been very wet and very muddy...just saying

I wish it, wash out please.

• Downvote 6

2 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Don’t forget there’s competitions, working opportunities and maybe secret resales. I won a competition in 2016 literally the week of the festival so it does happen! I know how crushing it is though :( 

I remember that roller coaster journey, Lucy! We were gripped!!!

:)

Ben

8 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

Fuck that was nerve shredding. Daughter got through after 5mins, entered reg numbers,post codes etc etc. Got through to payment page after a few seconds entered card details and the fucking bank declined payment ?. After a minute or 2 she got a text message from her bank asking if it was her who was trying to make the payment.She replied yes and they then sent a text asking her to wait 10minutes before trying again. She just pressed pay again and thank fuck the payment confirmed sign came up ? Would have been proper pissed to miss out because of her poxy bank.

So glad an Avalon lover was successful! 

• Like 1