Resale Club 2019

McCor

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

@eFestivals someone said you tweeted a figure of 5000 tickets for the resale .. they dont normally give this info out do they ?

I didn't get that from an official source, tho I did get it from someone who was very likely* to have got it from someone who's name has an 'E' in it. 

(* unless they were telling porkies)

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

its because it uses the same server as efests, so the high traffic here is causing problems for checkpage.

if you wait a while (or keep trying) it'll work.

I can get back on but just keep getting the payment page (unlke Glasto!) I'll check in again later on there's prob some lagginess/overload think with all people looking

Just now, Levitz said:

I can get back on but just keep getting the payment page (unlke Glasto!) I'll check in again later on there's prob some lagginess/overload think with all people looking

sounds like something might not have worked properly.

Please email admin@checkpage.co.uk saying how far you've got with the setup, and with your checkpage account details and I'll take a look.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I didn't get that from an official source, tho I did get it from someone who was very likely* to have got it from someone who's name has an 'E' in it. 

And with all the tickets allocated within 6 minutes this morning (then failed transactions carrying on for much longer), it's pretty credible that that figure was accurate

Thing is, why was the figure so low this year? Is it really so much more popular this year because of the fallow one?

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

cheers :) very low numbers then ..... when looking at twitter polls and previous best guesses 

1 minute ago, billum said:

And with all the tickets allocated within 6 minutes this morning (then failed transactions carrying on for much longer), it's pretty credible that that figure was accurate

Thing is, why was the figure so low this year? Is it really so much more popular this year because of the fallow one?

Janet Jackson 

• Upvote 1

Grrrr what a nightmare. Had 1 ticket to get so filled up the other 3 spaces with friends of a friend. Got through and kicked out only to find it was because one of the group had their ticket.

Luckily someone else got her a ticket.

wish people wouldn’t put theirselves in multiple groups. It risks everyone else getting theirs. 

Edited by CeriG
  • Upvote 1

Surprised with the 5k figure mind, considering how many on social media were spitting their dummy out about the lineup. The coach sale didn’t appear to have significantly more than usual so a lot more must have held onto tickets than expected. I’m sure resales usually have around double.

5 minutes ago, billum said:

Coachellafication

1 minute ago, billum said:

Looks like the resale figure was pretty accurate. Don’t know about the fallow year thing. What I do reckon is that every year more and more people are being added to the glastonbury ‘family’ . So demand for tickets will continue to grow. Folk like myself who have been attempting to get tickets for years still try for them, whilst younger people, who might have been as kids, get onto the ticket scramble.  I can’t see it getting any easier in the future. 

That was really difficult. None of my mates got by the holding page. Huge thanks to @BL1ND T1G3R and @vintagelaureate for trying for my group of 4. Vintage actually got to the payment screen and it crashed! The link even went to /booking/complete! So close.

Unfortunately wasn’t to be.

Thanks for trying both! :) 

Edited by DareToDibble

Whether trying to convince themselves or something else, there was a certain misconception that getting a ticket in the resale would be very easy because seemingly half the festival was giving their ticket back due to the lineup and possibly waiting for next year. In reality, I don’t think either of those are true

Trying for myself and a mate. Didn't get anywhere then received a message that cousin had trousered one for me. Utter delight. Gutted for those that did not. Been there myself in previous years.  Loved the cure for 40 years. Bucket list to see them at the farm.