Resale Club 2019

McCor

12 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

It was a shock I have to say! For confused newbies reading this post, @guypjfreak refers to everyone as old son, regardless of gender. I always correct him, this is the first time he has got it right! Well the gender bit anyway, not so sure about the young!! :lol:

Lolol hey I'm trying to move with the times... Funny thing is we ( my friends) ALL refer to each other as old son.. Which was fine 20 odd years ago but now we really are getting the old so maybe in the future we might have to change it to young son but that sounds wrong... 

Heres a true story for ya 

Many years ago we made friends with a Canadian who decided as it was his first and last glasto to camp with us as one of my flag in the Canadian leaf.. Anyway cut a very long story short he had a very memorable time and then left for Scotland.. 

About a month later off his head he turned up in our town in asda and started asking if anyone knew an old son. Wasn't long luckily before a mate heard him... Before the old bill.... and brought him to the pub where he got even messier. 

He stayed with us got a small bedsit and for the next 6 months we took him out to party's and Stonehenge and Avebury where he tried to stop some big fuck off biker's from touching the stones.. 

We should have noticed that something was going wrong with him but before we knew it he was sectioned for 3 weeks in St. Anne's before being put on a plane home... 

True story that is... I NEVER TELL LIES... People that know me will attest to that.. 

Any we're still in contact with him and I'm painting a glastonbury painting for him the way HE remembers it.. I'm just working on the viking ships in the sky.. 

Here's a pic so far 

IMG_20190427_113331.jpg

IMG_20190427_113307.jpg

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

There are only two of us and we have a few friends trying and @mcmenace is going to return the favour from the coach sale. Small issue about being grouped into 4 with people you don't know is, if other people are trying for you outside of this and they get through the reg numbers will be used and might fuck up getting the tix for the other 2. Also the tix will go to the lead booker so, will then have to sort out meeting to transfer tix, so might be an issue if people aren't in same area. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

I very much doubt that SeeTickets would be able to help. You could stop the payment via your bank.

Look at the people on the list, check out how long they have been posting and their reputation score.

I can definitely vouch for @Cooter  @moheetoes @guypjfreak or @morph100 as all being thoroughly decent forum members! So perhaps help one of these groups?

Good luck! :)

Thank you for your vote of confidence @StoneCircle, very kind of you and hopefully see everyone at the efest meet on the wed, and resale survivors meet on the Thursday 

52 minutes ago, Levitz said:

There are only two of us and we have a few friends trying and @mcmenace is going to return the favour from the coach sale. Small issue about being grouped into 4 with people you don't know is, if other people are trying for you outside of this and they get through the reg numbers will be used and might fuck up getting the tix for the other 2. Also the tix will go to the lead booker so, will then have to sort out meeting to transfer tix, so might be an issue if people aren't in same area. 

Good point, I hadn't thought about the logistics of transferring tickets. Has anyone been in this position before who can give advice please?

Feeling pretty nervous already. Got home from work yesterday and our internet has packed up! Got an engineer coming on Tuesday so off to my sister's house in the morning for the resale. 

A bit early to ask, but I don't suppose anyone has an idea of links past the first page just yet?

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Lolol hey I'm trying to move with the times... Funny thing is we ( my friends) ALL refer to each other as old son.. Which was fine 20 odd years ago but now we really are getting the old so maybe in the future we might have to change it to young son but that sounds wrong... 

Heres a true story for ya 

Many years ago we made friends with a Canadian who decided as it was his first and last glasto to camp with us as one of my flag in the Canadian leaf.. Anyway cut a very long story short he had a very memorable time and then left for Scotland.. 

About a month later off his head he turned up in our town in asda and started asking if anyone knew an old son. Wasn't long luckily before a mate heard him... Before the old bill.... and brought him to the pub where he got even messier. 

He stayed with us got a small bedsit and for the next 6 months we took him out to party's and Stonehenge and Avebury where he tried to stop some big fuck off biker's from touching the stones.. 

We should have noticed that something was going wrong with him but before we knew it he was sectioned for 3 weeks in St. Anne's before being put on a plane home... 

True story that is... I NEVER TELL LIES... People that know me will attest to that.. 

Any we're still in contact with him and I'm painting a glastonbury painting for him the way HE remembers it.. I'm just working on the viking ships in the sky.. 

Here's a pic so far 

IMG_20190427_113331.jpg

IMG_20190427_113307.jpg

Not wanting to derail the thread too much at this late stage but couldn't avoid saying that that's a great picture Guy, what a nice thought, and a great but slightly sad story about your Canadian mate. Hope he's doing well?

Edited by Cooter

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

So for people like @guypjfreak and others who are on the spreadsheet as a single person, if I try for them tomorrow, am I just buying the one ticket?

Guys got one now, @deebeedoobee sorted it in the coach sale. (I think?)

Anyone else need to come off the spreadsheet?

Edited by vintagelaureate

Quick question we’ve got 2 groups to try for, one with 4 people in, and one with 3, but all the money for all 7 tickets is going to be in one bank account. This won’t cause any problems will it? Say for example both groups get through at once and are inputting the same card details for different orders. Can’t imagine it would cause a problem but just to check if anyone else has had issues doing this?

Just now, VisionOfLove said:

Quick question we’ve got 2 groups to try for, one with 4 people in, and one with 3, but all the money for all 7 tickets is going to be in one bank account. This won’t cause any problems will it? Say for example both groups get through at once and are inputting the same card details for different orders. Can’t imagine it would cause a problem but just to check if anyone else has had issues doing this?

It shouldn't do; especially not at See's end. Only issue might be that the bank flag up two large online transactions within seconds - but I reckon you'll be fine.

19 hours ago, D-Low said:

Hate to be that person to ask, it's a shame society's made me this way, but I'm looking to help out Sunday, just over wary the person doesn't pay me back after purchasing. Is there any way I can claim a refund from See if they don't pay minus the admin fee? Or will the cancellation period have passed?

Just not sure how it would work regarding payments if I was just trying for random people on the spreadsheet as only some have numbers on there to message.

I’ve put my phone number on the spreadsheet so I can give me card details over the phone to anyone that is kind enough to help.