Resale Club 2019

McCor

Happy for those that succeeded, gutted for those who didn't. Fingers crossed for Sunday.

The connectivity really is pot luck. I got through for some friends sat in the middle of Croydon Boxpark using my work laptop and a mobile hotspot on my phone.

Love this place. So many people willing to make it happen for each other 

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

My mate managed to get me a ticket 15 minutes after the sold out sign went up. He kept refreshing the payment page and 2 tickets came up for Lincoln. I went from despair to ecstasy just like that ? 

That’s great news, I’m so happy for you, I was trying for another efester but no luck, will be trying again on Sunday.  

Charm x

3 hours ago, muffpuffin said:

That's what I keep telling myself. First year for me that it has gone to the wire of the Sunday resale although we did get them in the coach resale a few years back. Also got one for someone else in the Sunday resale that same year so I know it is possible but still a bit worried as never missed a year yet since 1997.

That's the same record for me, went for the first time in 1997 and have been lucky enough to not miss a year since. We didn't get a sniff in October with 8 of us trying, but luckily with only 2 trying tonight and a lot less places available, I got through straight away and got on our first choice of the first coach out of Bristol. Feeling extremely lucky and relieved, and best of luck to everyone trying on Sunday. 

• Like 1

I got so lucky. I was stuck in the city so i went to Costa. Within two minutes i had the only one ticket we needed to get. I went straight for the Thursday though and i think that made a difference. That was 4G on my phone. Im happy to help come Sunday.

I think the coach resale is probably the hardest of all the sales. You start with a strictly limited number of tickets across two days and umpteen cities, with no idea how many tickets are allocated to what configuration, so you’re completely in the dark about which combination might win. By the time you realise your chosen one won’t, somebody else has already taken a punt on your second choice. 

I think if it came down to the resales for me, I’d start with a Thursday departure to stand the best chance. Not ideal, but then neither is having to be in the resale to begin with. 

I went into the coach resale only focusing on the Thursday tickets, because I knew the Wednesday is way more popular. 
Sure, I'd love to get to Glasto on Wednesday. But figured that at this later stage, I'd rather just get a ticket in the way that has the most chance of being successful, so I picked Thursday. Luckily for me, it worked out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, angelin said:

I got so lucky. I was stuck in the city so i went to Costa. Within two minutes i had the only one ticket we needed to get. I went straight for the Thursday though and i think that made a difference. That was 4G on my phone. Im happy to help come Sunday.

I’d take you up on that kind offer if you are willing to help on Sunday. 

We’ll be trying Sunday. Just me and the wife as our friends have now pulled out.

For the 6 festivals I have been to, I have never been the one to get through. My wife did in 2017, but it’s always been friends that have managed to bag our tickets. 

I could be pessimistic about it, but I think my luck has to change at some point. I WILL get tickets this Sunday!!!

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

I think if it came down to the resales for me, I’d start with a Thursday departure to stand the best chance. 

Pretty sure that going for Thursday first makes no difference to your chances as you're still after that elusive server session first.  Going for the Thursday, or Wednesday for that matter, simply allows you to be directed once you have the session.....but you've got to get through that single front door first along with everyone else. 

Once you've got a session it's yours for 10 minutes.....you can F5 and retain it or hit back and change day if you want to....hell you can even close/reopen your browser and it'll still be yours within the 10 mins.

In terms of getting a ticket though then yes, there may be more choice for longer on Thursday departures, but that's about it.

Edited by parsonjack
  • Upvote 1