Resale Club 2019

McCor

It's getting closer and closer and I'm in two minds about whether to book my dream holiday or try for Glastonbury tickets I'm normally sorted by now with no worries and looking forward to it I can't get excited well actually I won't let myself get too excited....I simply cannot decide.

15 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

To people saying they’ll only try on Sunday, why?! If you want to go surely getting a coach ticket is better than getting no ticket ? Two attempts doubles your chances of bagging a ticket, seems mad to me 

My friends who i'm trying for on Sunday live within 20 mins of the festival so seems a false economy to travel further away to get a coach then come back again.

23 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

To people saying they’ll only try on Sunday, why?! If you want to go surely getting a coach ticket is better than getting no ticket ? Two attempts doubles your chances of bagging a ticket, seems mad to me 

I will have an 18 month old with me so need to bring a lot of stuff plus I wouldn't want to have her on the coach, the car gives us a lot more flexibility. If no children were involved I definitely would try for coach tickets first

I'm only trying for general, not the coach sale. Simple reason is I'm on a fairly tight budget being that I am going on holiday a week after Glastonbury. Can't take many beers on the coach so that would result in me spending a small fortune at the bars. Otherwise, I'd have nothing against taking the coach.

42 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Absolutely this. I've been lucky 3 times in the coach sale and worried about the logistics of it afterwards. 

In 2013 my friend got a lift from Devon by car early on the Wednesday, drove past the Glastonbury junction, carried on up the M5, picked up the coach in Stoke then drove all the way back to Glastonbury. She was "desperate" for a ticket and got there by any means necessary. I'm sure there are tales where people have gone to even more extreme measures to catch the coach and I guess it goes against the whole ethos of why the coach is an option but needs must if you really wanna get there.

If you live in London, why not consider a coach ticket anywhere along the M4? Reading, Swindon, Bristol? Get a ticket this Thursday and you'll have just under 9 weeks to plan the rest...

45 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

It does and I agree with you, indeed as there are less people going for coach the odds are arguably even better.  Still it's their choice and it's not like it will haunt them every day until the end of June ;) 

3 hours ago, ConorC said:

Question:

Not sure exactly where I've read this, maybe I've just imagined it - but do tickets HAVE to be paid for through a credit card, or are debit cards OK too?

Pretty sure we've paid through debit card before but having doubts now. Don't wanna get through then the system won't accept our card.

I've always used my debit card

Anyone got the link to the google doc with the "we need tickets folk" in as I'm up for a Thursday & Sunday helping hand as all our group are sorted (and the Wife's not going so her ticket went back into the pot).

I do understand why people with kids might not want to get the coach, but the fear of missing out entirely on the Sunday would definitely make me try Thursday. The first year they did the coach sale (for 2014) I decided to sack it off and just do the main sale. Helped a mate get a coach ticket on the Thursday, thinking I'd be fine on the Sunday. Needless to say I wasn't and had to wait for the coach resale to get myself sorted! Was kicking myself.

Good luck all! Helping a few people here as we are sorted this year (all four of us) :)

Hi all, I'm trying for one friend, who've I've popped on the spreadsheet. 

We're trying for coach from London, so adding him on here, we'll also try for the extra available seat, then again on Sunday.

Everything crossed this week :D

Hello, I hope everyone had an awesome bank holiday. 

The hanging dread is back today so I've come back here for some moral support and I'm loving all the positive posts already!! :D

Trying for 2 tickets on Thursday/Sunday! 

Edited by ameski18

Hello all! Comforting to see there are people that are equally as panicked as me! I've added my name to the spreadsheet and if by some miracle me/my friends secure our tickets quickly I'm more than happy to help others. Good luck everyone ??

21 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Refresh me - how's it going to work with the spreadsheet. Would make sense if we grouped everyone up in 2's for the coach, then the remaining into 4's for the Sunday sale.

Apols if this has been covered recently, couldn't find.

My thoughts exactly :)

32 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

How much is the coach with ticket in general? Would be from Leeds Manchester area.

Manchester coach is £70 rtn and Leeds is £72, so around £320 all in, pretty sure if i get Bham rtn my total price will be £303 all in and Bham coach is £50, so add £20 for manc £323..

well thats enough maths for the day

Man im nervous

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I do the incredibly unpopular thing of getting a coach to the fest on the Thursday lunchtime. Still failed in the original coach sale though. Thought I would be at the front of the queue!

thats exactly what I want! dont have the annual leave for a Wednesday coach option! I was hoping this would make my resale slightly easier! I can get to 90% of the coach locations though, maybe that will help? yikes!

1 hour ago, amyg1990 said:

thats exactly what I want! dont have the annual leave for a Wednesday coach option! I was hoping this would make my resale slightly easier! I can get to 90% of the coach locations though, maybe that will help? yikes!

Haha I am in exactly the same position and was thinking the same earlier today. Surely it’ll increase our chances! Best of luck on Thursday!