Resale Club 2019

McCor

8 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Sorry to hear your dad is poorly mate , but enjoy Brizzol , it’s a great city ( slight bias here lol )

Thanks! Hopefully he's on the mend.

Yes, my hometown. Shame about the lack of jobs there for me or I'd probably move back. London has its moments though - can't really complain!

What do you think the actual odds are of getting a ticket in the main sale and resale?

isn’t there something like 2 million people registered, of that there will be duplicates and people registered and who aren’t trying for tickets so say roughly 1 in 10 chance in the main sale. Would it be similar in the resale or worse do you think?

Question:

Not sure exactly where I've read this, maybe I've just imagined it - but do tickets HAVE to be paid for through a credit card, or are debit cards OK too?

Pretty sure we've paid through debit card before but having doubts now. Don't wanna get through then the system won't accept our card.

5 more getty ups until the big day, well for those going for the general sale like me. It's still unconfirmed if our group is going to be 2,3 or 4, one of them has an interview on Thursday and if successful won't be able to make the Festival, another has gone very quiet.   It means I can't quite get organised with giving out details until Thursday!

2 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Question:

Not sure exactly where I've read this, maybe I've just imagined it - but do tickets HAVE to be paid for through a credit card, or are debit cards OK too?

Pretty sure we've paid through debit card before but having doubts now. Don't wanna get through then the system won't accept our card.

Will surely be in T&C's but I'm almost certain both are accepted.  Just make sure you have plenty in your account if getting 4!

I'm nervous for each and every one of you this week. I bloody hope you all get sorted.

I'm trying for 4 tickets for friends on Sunday. Managed to get more or less straight through and snaffle the 3 required in 2017's resale (having not got through at all in the October sale)

Keep smiling everyone x

16 hours ago, Homer said:

What are the rules re Resale Club? Is it basically those who have tickets already kindly trying for those that don't?

Well, if I succeed on Thursday I'm definitely helping others on Sunday. It's the least we can do.

Getting more nervous by the second now. Stress at work ain't really helping either lol.

I just wanted to pop my head in and say good luck to everyone trying in the resales. If you aren't successful (but you will be, stay positive) don't forget about potential 'secret resales' and also competitions. 

Way back to ticket day last year I had specially gone into my office at work (away from the commotion of my then 8 month old) and was so confident I would get tickets by being at work with numerous computers and my phone on 4G but totally failed. Sobbed my heart out in a cold dark office and felt so defeated because I was so sure my work computer wouldn't let me down. 
 As I sat down in my car to go back home with the bad news my partner called me (he had stayed at home with our daughter) and I told him I didn't get tickets. He then said he'd went and got us 2 tickets piss easy on his phone whilst feeding our baby. It's his first time, and he has never even tried buying tickets before! I didn't believe him until I got home and saw the confirmation e-mail. He obviously didn't understand what all the fuss was about, still doesn't mind you but come this October I know he will also be shitting himself on dreaded t-day for 2020. 

1 minute ago, cb4747 said:

I just wanted to pop my head in and say good luck to everyone trying in the resales. If you aren't successful (but you will be, stay positive) don't forget about potential 'secret resales' and also competitions. 

Way back to ticket day last year I had specially gone into my office at work (away from the commotion of my then 8 month old) and was so confident I would get tickets by being at work with numerous computers and my phone on 4G but totally failed. Sobbed my heart out in a cold dark office and felt so defeated because I was so sure my work computer wouldn't let me down. 
 As I sat down in my car to go back home with the bad news my partner called me (he had stayed at home with our daughter) and I told him I didn't get tickets. He then said he'd went and got us 2 tickets piss easy on his phone whilst feeding our baby. It's his first time, and he has never even tried buying tickets before! I didn't believe him until I got home and saw the confirmation e-mail. He obviously didn't understand what all the fuss was about, still doesn't mind you but come this October I know he will also be shitting himself on dreaded t-day for 2020. 

Connecting through VPN to my work sever had always got me them until October, I honestly thought it was a sure way of getting them but now i simply believe it's pot luck as I've heard so many stories of phones, tablets, age-old laptops etc getting them!  I'm even questioning if F5ing is a good thing anymore.

The first question at 9:30am on Sunday morning is going to be "will there be a secret resale?"  There wasn't one for 2017 but had been the the couple of years before that.  If not then we'll all be wanting a televised Mallets Cider draw to see if we get a golden ticket!

1 minute ago, Padgey said:

Connecting through VPN to my work sever had always got me them until October, I honestly thought it was a sure way of getting them but now i simply believe it's pot luck as I've heard so many stories of phones, tablets, age-old laptops etc getting them!  I'm even questioning if F5ing is a good thing anymore.

The first question at 9:30am on Sunday morning is going to be "will there be a secret resale?"  There wasn't one for 2017 but had been the the couple of years before that.  If not then we'll all be wanting a televised Mallets Cider draw to see if we get a golden ticket!

I was unfortunate to be part of the 2016 secret sale. That was traumatic. There will be plenty other comps!