Resale Club 2019

McCor

On 3/30/2019 at 9:38 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

If this poll was done by BBC or some other large outlet (no offence to the Thingy) then i would anticipate an ever larger share of the vote going to the No's...

The No's have it, the No's have it.

Unlock!

• Upvote 2

On 3/30/2019 at 12:10 PM, Lycra said:

Saturday morning musing about possible number of tickets in the resale. 

In recent years the general sale has sold out in ca. 30mins whilst the resale has done so in a little over 10mins. If See servers process purchases at the same rate in each sale then could this indicate that approx 33% of the tickets are up for grabs in the resale ?

There's the slight complication that the allowances change slightly in the resale, with only 4 per transaction. This will affect the calculations, but I'm not sure to what degree.

3 hours ago, Hawros said:

There's the slight complication that the allowances change slightly in the resale, with only 4 per transaction. This will affect the calculations, but I'm not sure to what degree.

Possibly it could deter the 5th and 6th persons in a group who are not that bothered and only said they'd go originally to be part of their crowd. We don't have such a problem as 4 of our 6 have dropped out whilst waiting for the resale. 

How many people are going for coach resale? just curios on here as to how many

There's 4 of us, so split into 2's for the coach, 2 of them are thinking of trying for Thursday coach, thinking it may be easier to get, and they'd rather be there than not go at all. But I love the Thursday, its my fave day, so if i do go, i know i'd be gutted to miss that day.

Whats peoples thoughts?

1 minute ago, Peter_Quaife said:

ah man, sorry to hear that. 50th anniversary !! 

Next year is happening. Or answer b) I miss out in the original sale, the resale and any subsequent secret sales..I then sulk for the next six months..

26 minutes ago, Peter_Quaife said:

yes ! Though no idea how to split as yet, names out of a hat most likely. Though its all in or none with us ! 

brutal, you trying for the coach? even harder as it's 2's

48 minutes ago, Perks said:

There's 4 of us, so split into 2's for the coach, 2 of them are thinking of trying for Thursday coach, thinking it may be easier to get, and they'd rather be there than not go at all. But I love the Thursday, its my fave day, so if i do go, i know i'd be gutted to miss that day.

Whats peoples thoughts?

In the resale if you get a coach from anywhere that's vaguely near to where you live and on any day then you'll have done well, that's the brutal honesty in my experience.  Set expectations low and hope for getting there as the key priority.

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

Possibly it could deter the 5th and 6th persons in a group who are not that bothered and only said they'd go originally to be part of their crowd. We don't have such a problem as 4 of our 6 have dropped out whilst waiting for the resale. 

This was specifically for the calculations saying the resale lasted 1/3rd the time of the main sale, but it's not an exact comparison, as the ticket allowances are different. Nothing about the reasons for it, which obvs aren't this.

18 minutes ago, clarkete said:

In the resale if you get a coach from anywhere that's vaguely near to where you live and on any day then you'll have done well, that's the brutal honesty in my experience.  Set expectations low and hope for getting there as the key priority.

Yeah i know, its brutal, gonna try for anywhere on the Wednesday (maybe not Scotland) if no luck, then try Sunday

59 minutes ago, Perks said:

Yeah i know, its brutal, gonna try for anywhere on the Wednesday (maybe not Scotland) if no luck, then try Sunday

However despite the challenges I've been successful in the coach resale, travelled all the way to the O2 in London and once we got sight of the site that was all forgotten and just part of the memory of that year :)

2 hours ago, Perks said:

Whats peoples thoughts?

I’m gonna try for coach resale and if that fails I’ll try for general resale.

I only need the one ticket for myself, and if I did somehow manage to get through it would be an awful waste just to get the one ticket. So I’m happy to help others out if they’d do the same for me ?

In everyones’ experience, is it easier or harder to get coach resale than general?

2 hours ago, Perks said:

brutal, you trying for the coach? even harder as it's 2's

I'm not 100% sure what to do tbh.The strategy changes daily. I've heard if you 'miss' the coach the tickets will be waiting at an office at one of the gates onsite. We have planned (if successful) to arrive into Bristol airport very early Thursday morning and head to collect the Campervan (deposit paid). Do coaches depart on the Thursday as well as the Wednesday? If so, I think we'll try for Bristol and Bath in the coach resale and if needed go hell for leather on the Sunday resale . I honestly wish the resale was over at this stage, whatever the outcome !! 

Think I've just had a clutching at straws/crumbs of hope moment....looking how long it took for last resale to sell out....

According to press it was 14mins for coach & 20mins for general resale. My ageing memory only recalls general resale being 10-12mins when I've needed this route ?

If memory serves me correctly the last resale sold out quicker than I could say 

‘Are you having a f@@@@@g laugh I’ve just got onto the payment page and now you tell me it’s sold out’

I think my neighbors heard me utter/shout those immortal words.