Resale Club 2019

McCor

There’ll be a contingent of people whose circumstances have changed since October meaning they can’t get there in June. 

The line up doesn’t influence people like us, and I get that it’s really hard to hear about people that have tickets and don’t seem to be that bothered about going. My hairdresser told me this week that’s he isn’t looking forward to it but going for his girlfriend ??

My best memories of the farm mostly do not involve headliners - best moments of 2017 include  dancing to King Kong Company in Silver Hayes And 3am at the Temple (too hazy to know what I was doing but I know I was happy)

9 hours ago, Barneym said:

I’d be surprised if it’s not normally c15-20k that go back in. A lot changes from October and people will genuinely not go because of the line up and as this forum proves one persons good line up is another’s bad.

im not a fan of the line up this year but like most here would go no matter what, which included missing a very good friends wedding in 2015 (which I do sometimes regret)

I got resale tickets in 2013 and I wish you all the best of luck 

I need tickets for two more years and then I'm probably ready to call it a day, getting to the point where camping is becoming a bit too much over the years, been doing it a long time.

See i've interpreted the results of this poll extremely positively in regards to resale chances. Out of the group of 30 friends who want to attend this year, only 2 have heard of 'The thingy', myself and another friend who is obsessed with the festival. Surely the majority of people who follow the thingy, and have hence voted, are your more avid Glastonbury attendees and are therefore more than likely to vote 'Hell Yes' as they realise the lineup is rather insignificant to the whole weekend? If this poll was done by BBC or some other large outlet (no offence to the Thingy) then i would anticipate an ever larger share of the vote going to the No's...

Anyway, ive got 24 willing friends still without a ticket, so any positivity i can muster up helps right now.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Perhaps this may sway some of those who were critical of the first line up announcements. More must sees than Glastonbury for me at first glance....

B9E6187F-BF4F-40E8-85FE-076BFE1E8480.jpeg

Any particular highlights for you? Personally, Friday looks like the best day to me...

Thinking of doing this if I fail to get Glasto tickets.

Edited by Gilgamesh69

4 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Any particular highlights for you? Personally, Friday looks like the best day to me...

Thinking of doing this if I fail to get Glasto tickets.

Robert Plant, Lankum, the Cure, Spiritualized, Underworld, Khruangbin, Behemoth.

And whilst I wouldn’t go out of my way for Dylan or Tears For Fears, I’d go and see them if I was there.

I am going to Glastonbury though.

If you do go to Roskilde (great festival, I have been many times) - make sure to catch Lankum!

17 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Robert Plant, Lankum, the Cure, Spiritualized, Underworld, Khruangbin, Behemoth.

And whilst I wouldn’t go out of my way for Dylan or Tears For Fears, I’d go and see them if I was there.

I am going to Glastonbury though.

If you do go to Roskilde (great festival, I have been many times) - make sure to catch Lankum!

I've seen (and really enjoyed) Plant, The Cure, Spiritualized, Underworld and Khruangbin. So might have to check the rest out ?

I have friends in two of the bands on the lineup too, so would be a nice chance to hopefully catch up with them.

What's the atmosphere like at Roskilde? Are the crowds lively and energetic? My friends and I have been talking about maybe staying in Copenhagen instead of camping. Think that would be a viable option? The plan is to just explore the city on some days, and then go to the festival in the evening

Edited by Gilgamesh69

13 hours ago, Barneym said:

I’d be surprised if it’s not normally c15-20k that go back in. A lot changes from October and people will genuinely not go because of the line up and as this forum proves one persons good line up is another’s bad.

im not a fan of the line up this year but like most here would go no matter what, which included missing a very good friends wedding in 2015 (which I do sometimes regret)

I got resale tickets in 2013 and I wish you all the best of luck 

Saturday morning musing about possible number of tickets in the resale. 

In recent years the general sale has sold out in ca. 30mins whilst the resale has done so in a little over 10mins. If See servers process purchases at the same rate in each sale then could this indicate that approx 33% of the tickets are up for grabs in the resale ?

48 minutes ago, Lycra said:

Saturday morning musing about possible number of tickets in the resale. 

In recent years the general sale has sold out in ca. 30mins whilst the resale has done so in a little over 10mins. If See servers process purchases at the same rate in each sale then could this indicate that approx 33% of the tickets are up for grabs in the resale ?

I suppose that would mean that there might be about 44,000 tickets in the re-sale. Alternatively, it could mean that the, few, tickets that are in the re-sale are sold at a more leisurely pace.

This is one of those days that I'm getting way to excited for for the festival even though I don't even have a ticket yet. I've been listening to the acts confirmed so far and I'm having a blast. It's gonna be one big clash-fest.

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

In recent years the general sale has sold out in ca. 30mins whilst the resale has done so in a little over 10mins.

It still takes 10 minutes? I was expecting much quicker, so that's encouraging.

19 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Behemoth at Glastonbury would be absolutely pant-wettingly amazing ????????? (though I know Roskilde has a bigger rep for metal, that’s still a very eclectic mix of artists)

Unfortunately they already got 4 gigs in Scandinavia during Glasto.

22 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Unfortunately they already got 4 gigs in Scandinavia during Glasto.

Noooooooooo!!!!! It was a pretty speculative hope anyways . . . Just as a hypothetical, I dunno where they’d play anyways. Headlining the Truth stage would be great but I can’t think they have the budget for that. Ah well . . . 

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

To be fair i haven't exactly gone wrong and questioned each one individually on it, i just know one of my other mates follows it, so in theory it may be actually be more!

will report back with survey results from the pub tonight

Now a pub survey is exactly the kind I can get behind :D

Happy Sunday resalers! Wine on the go, roast in the oven. 

I’ve got a feeling we are all going to get there this year. As part of the positive mental attitude, where do you prefer to camp?

we’ve done 2 years with a camper and both times been in the east fields. Good atmosphere but that hill after gate C is pretty hard going by the end of the night. 

Camping wise love bushy but seems to get busier over the last few years. 

Lets talk all like we are going to galsto!!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, tinaw said:

Happy Sunday resalers! Wine on the go, roast in the oven. 

I’ve got a feeling we are all going to get there this year. As part of the positive mental attitude, where do you prefer to camp?

we’ve done 2 years with a camper and both times been in the east fields. Good atmosphere but that hill after gate C is pretty hard going by the end of the night. 

Camping wise love bushy but seems to get busier over the last few years. 

Lets talk all like we are going to galsto!!

Love the positivity!

For a (potential) first timer who’s definitely (hopefully) going to get a ticket where do you suggest is best to camp?

Going with three friends, all aged 21/22, really hoping we get tickets!

58 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Love the positivity!

For a (potential) first timer who’s definitely (hopefully) going to get a ticket where do you suggest is best to camp?

Going with three friends, all aged 21/22, really hoping we get tickets!

Depends on what day and time you plan on arriving really. Pennards is rammed by Wednesday lunchtime. 

Bushy is a good place, happy atmosphere and good location. 

If you are up for an out and out party I’d say Oxylers or Pennards but both get full very quickly. 

Fingers crossed for you - you’ll have the most magical time

• Upvote 1

From our group of 6 who tried in October, it's now down to 2!! Quite a few people we know already have tickets though, including two we'd definitely camp with who haven't been before. :)

And being down to 2 is of course perfect for trying both coach and regular resales... Hoping we'll have plenty of helpers... Feeling confident.

30 minutes ago, eyebrain said:

Is there are Worthy Farm resale happening as well? I searched around forums and as far as I understand they go on sale randomly without any announcements? Have been opening parking sale twice a day but no luck yet.

When I paid my balance a link came up for Worthy Farm though it's not on the payments page when you 1st go to it.