Resale Club 2019

McCor

5 minutes ago, McCor said:

It’s a while away yet but how are we going to work this? Obviously we’ll be trying for ourselves first but do we post here if/when successful? Update the spreadsheet (mark ourselves as green? Delete ourselves?).

Not huge amounts of people on there currently so we could potentially all secure them if we have a good system!

17 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

It’s a while away yet but how are we going to work this? Obviously we’ll be trying for ourselves first but do we post here if/when successful? Update the spreadsheet (mark ourselves as green? Delete ourselves?).

Not huge amounts of people on there currently so we could potentially all secure them if we have a good system!

I'm thinking delete ourselves / mark as green? Coming on here will be too time consuming at the time maybe?

5 hours ago, ledwards said:

Lets re-contact everyone on there as we made it in October and some may no longer be keen (and let's make sure we make everyone agree to update it as soon as they have tix!)

Can I add myself to it?  There’ll be a number of us not trying for coach tickets  - how shall we divvy up who we are trying for?

6 hours ago, McCor said:

Just signing back up for Resale! Obsessively roped in a few lovely EFest strangers and desperately tried for this and the 'secret' / non existent resale a couple years ago... now back and with my fingers crossed again! Hope all well x

Just been offered a 12 ft yurt for the festival. Includes 2 hospitality tickets!

Sadly I don’t have a spare £5700 lying around. 

On the basis hospitality tickets alone were/are just over 2 grand that’s not the worst deal I’ve seen.

31 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Just been offered a 12 ft yurt for the festival. Includes 2 hospitality tickets!

Sadly I don’t have a spare £5700 lying around. 

On the basis hospitality tickets alone were/are just over 2 grand that’s not the worst deal I’ve seen.

Unless something has changed for this year, the hospitality tickets alone certainly shouldn't be anywhere close to 2 grand. Historically the face value has always been approximately twice that of the public tickets, and anyone authorised to offer them has been allowed to do so on a strictly enforced condition that they don't put a mark up on the tickets.

Though when they're sold as part of a package like that, it probably doesn't matter too much where the mark up happens.

Hi guys - I was wondering if I could join the Resale Club. Managed to get tickets for the last 10 years but no joy this time around and I’m sick at the thought of missing out. I’ll be going for it come resale date so happy to try for everyone else at the same time!

5 hours ago, Joshuwarr said:

I understand the desperation to go, but can't help but feel it goes against what we're trying to do here. Wouldn't like to see someone get more help just because they can buy that help. Many of us spend a long time saving up to go and we deserve as much of a shot as others.

Completely understood, and happy for this to be removed but would like to say that the only reason I can offer this is because Ive saved through the fallow year too. I have a Glasto fund I pay into each month that’s now built up for me to be able to make this offer. It was going to be be beer money but desperation... 

But on reflection you’re probably right. This is a good forum and it should be a level playing field.  Best of luck to all. 

What’s everyone’s tactics going into the resale? Specifically people who have previously been successful in the resale!

Its first time trying for me, have read lots about different methods people use to maximise chances and although I know it’ll ultimately come down to luck I want to have as much chance as I can to get tickets!

Also good luck to everyone else trying!

11 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

First time for me and a friend in the resale... Worried is an understatement. 

Me too! Just try and gather as much info as possible on maximising chances, here’s what I’ve got so far (anyone else feel free to comment on how accurate this info is):

- Use an incognito tab

- Multiple browsers, not multiple tabs

- Multiple devices, but preferably on different connections e.g. friends in own houses using their WiFi + phones using 4G

- Have a word document with all the registration numbers + postcodes set up and copy and paste this info into the appropriate boxes should you get through

- Some people suggest using wired internet where possible?

Obviously many will disagree with certain info and claim different methods work best but this is the general consensus I’ve found so far.

Also, good luck!

10 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Then your going to have a awesome time girl , CUZ We’re all getting tickets and going , positive thinking ! Personally I shall be “ having it large “ with copious amounts of cider . 

Yep gotta have positive thoughts. I just wish it was sooner for the resale. Been the longest winter.. since 2015 when I didn’t get them in main sale!

Our plans. Just get as many people helping as poss. If I get me and my pals sorted, I’ll be able to help anyone who needs it. So hopefully the Sunday I’ll be free for y’all

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, rosssss224 said:

Anyone else talk to people they meet about Glastonbury this year forgetting they haven't actually got a ticket? To be honest a little bit of is convinced I will 100% get one!

I can't even think about it without feeling sick :( I wish I believed I would 100% get one. 

Nervous is an understatement, unfortunately