Resale Club 2019

McCor

I’m declaring myself out of this, thankfully got a spot with Oxfam this week. I’m supporting a friend at the London Marathon on resale day so timing worked well. Wishing you all the very best for the big day, hopefully see you all on the farm come June!

• Upvote 3

On 3/6/2019 at 12:57 PM, parsonjack said:

Often wondered whether the ticket buying process could be simplified by individual registrations being pre-linked to a payment account or debit card.  That would mean no requirement to put payment details in when you purchase, less chance of the payment system crashing, easier for people to buy for each other, balances would debit automatically etc etc.

Yep - always thought this - especially Oct 2016 when the payment system failed for me!!

I guess they see it as part of the ticket lottery, but it is the worst part, all the way through and the effing payment gateway is down.

Also, having all details pre-done would so much help those with accessibility issues. Most people can manage an F5, but there's a hell of a lot of people who can't put in a series of names & numbers on different screens in the time required.

5 hours ago, hfuhruhurr said:

Yep - always thought this - especially Oct 2016 when the payment system failed for me!!

I guess they see it as part of the ticket lottery, but it is the worst part, all the way through and the effing payment gateway is down.

Also, having all details pre-done would so much help those with accessibility issues. Most people can manage an F5, but there's a hell of a lot of people who can't put in a series of names & numbers on different screens in the time required.

Emily did say that they would be looking at this and speaking to see about it in the question and answer session ... we will see if there is any improvement in October 

Storing payment details opens a huge can-o-worms - we've spent a fortune and 3 years on an IT project to protect PII data and we're still nowhere close to closing all the holes. Securing PCI data became such a headache we've farmed it out to a 3rd party and only store "Tokens". 

What always puzzled me is I have a Seetickets account but it doesn't automatically link to the Glastonbury ticketing process - but would everyone after Glasto tickets need to have a seetickets account if it did (or would create one if it gave any advantage)..

As it stands the Glastonbury registration database is a separate system from Seetickets main infrastructure so I suspect there's no way to link them together to simplify the buying process.

Not being the post IT savvy person in the world - I’d be interested to hear what you all think is the fastest way of pre populating the details?

I know many going to be a bag of bloody nerves and make a whole load of mistakes!!

4 hours ago, tinaw said:

Not being the post IT savvy person in the world - I’d be interested to hear what you all think is the fastest way of pre populating the details?

I know many going to be a bag of bloody nerves and make a whole load of mistakes!!

Copy and paste cells from a spreadsheet

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

107 days till gates open ( or my ladder goes up against the fence ) .. depending on the outcome of April resale ..

Yep. Gotta be there. Hopefully without the ladder

56 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just seen a photo of the Glastonbury Queue in the glastonbury photo of the day thing ... maybe a few more of these might help the cause ? :) 

Ha ha - saw that too, good plan, lets get loads of queue shots being retweeted

Edited by Perks

16 hours ago, Big durbs said:

i have just driven past the gate to the hallowed ground in pilton , a very strange sensation when its all quiet

A lot of the big festival sites seem to be, geared, to be eerie at non-festival time, just by their history alone. T in the Park used to give me the creeps at the best of times. It was quite a creepy thing to be a disused airfield. A lot of people, that went, didn't realise it was in a secluded part of Scotland.

All that King Arthur stuff, at Glastonbury, was probably a lot gorier than an airfield though. I suppose queing to be in a creepy field is, the secret to, the success of these festivals.

Edited by stt11
spelling

I’m having a debate with my husband about resale day. 

My strategy would be to have as many people as possible trying for you, so roping in friends and family that are willing to help. We only need 4 tickets so reasonably straightforward. 

He reckons it it will be more stressful asking people who may get a bit flustered, and might in his words, fuck it up. 

What do you think? What’s the likely hood of someone getting through but mucking up the payment or details?

I tried for others for the local sales and the only thing that happened was if someone else purchased the ticket already must have been simultaneously) then an error message came up. 

Actually just typing all all of that is making my heart feel jumpy  

1 hour ago, Aragorn said:

Just back on efestivals since October. Couldn't face it after not getting a ticket having been 10 previous times. Anyways. Good luck all. 2 of us will be trying. Happy to help anyone else aswell. 

I haven't been able to face it since October either, would have been my 10th this year. Fingers crossed for resale! I still feel empty. We should be SO excited now but instead I'm just sad :(

6 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Does anyone know if you can buy car park passes after resale? (If we are lucky)

yes, I can't remember the cut off date but am 99% sure you can buy them pretty close to the festival.

EDIT - just checked, you get them when you pay your balance.  I assume that would be on resale day but not after.

Edited by Kinkyinuit
google fu