Resale Club 2019

McCor

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Posting this as a message of hope and persistence paying off for everyone: At last able to say I’m 100% going, via a friend in FMS, that’s 2 out of the last 3 Glastonburys’ I’ve really struggled but got there in the end...

Good luck all

Some good news ??

What is FMS? I love it when people find (legitimate) ways in to the festival, must be a great buzz!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Big durbs said:

My wife convinced me in 2015 , I was convinced it was not for me , but went , just o say I had tried it , and next time she should go with her mates , by the end of day one ( Wednesday) I was hooked , it’s just awesome on another level , went again in 2016 , and when we didn’t get tickets in17 I was devastated, get him through the gates and he WILL be hooked ? , I’m sure everyone on here will agree , there is something for everyone. Good luck

This is like my partner and most of our group this year so I’m hoping they all become converts and wanna go every year. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Big durbs said:

My wife convinced me in 2015 , I was convinced it was not for me , but went , just o say I had tried it , and next time she should go with her mates , by the end of day one ( Wednesday) I was hooked , it’s just awesome on another level , went again in 2016 , and when we didn’t get tickets in17 I was devastated, get him through the gates and he WILL be hooked ? , I’m sure everyone on here will agree , there is something for everyone. Good luck

thanks durbs, I am torn whether to nag him/try and get him one anyway or just accept it and go without him............................... (obviously the option of choosing not to go doesn't exist :D)

Was going to try with 3 other people in the resale, and there's others willing to help out too. But then I realised whoever gets through will need about £1000 in their bank. A lot of us won't have that much unfortunately, so what the hell do I do? I'm gonna try seeing if I can get an big overdraft or somehow borrow from family, but otherwise I'm probably screwed.

On top of that, it's still unconfirmed whether the company I usually volunteer with will be there or not this year?

7 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Was going to try with 3 other people in the resale, and there's others willing to help out too. But then I realised whoever gets through will need about £1000 in their bank. A lot of us won't have that much unfortunately, so what the hell do I do? I'm gonna try seeing if I can get an big overdraft or somehow borrow from family, but otherwise I'm probably screwed.

On top of that, it's still unconfirmed whether the company I usually volunteer with will be there or not this year?

We have 4 too, what we do is all put the cash in one account (obviously we're pals so no-one gonna run off) then just whoever gets through just use that card. give them deets out to all who are helping and you trust too

1 hour ago, Perks said:

We have 4 too, what we do is all put the cash in one account (obviously we're pals so no-one gonna run off) then just whoever gets through just use that card. give them deets out to all who are helping and you trust too

Often wondered whether the ticket buying process could be simplified by individual registrations being pre-linked to a payment account or debit card.  That would mean no requirement to put payment details in when you purchase, less chance of the payment system crashing, easier for people to buy for each other, balances would debit automatically etc etc.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

If you know all the people you’re buying tickets for, you could all agree to use one card and put the money on beforehand. Share the details securely and privately. Probably better than extending an overdraft or borrowing money as it gets complicated.

Obviously it’s entirely based on trust. We usually do this in my group with the agreement that any money is paid or paid back immediately with absolutely no exceptions. If people can’t afford to go they tell us beforehand so that nobody is out of pocket.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:44 AM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Credit Card?

5 minutes ago, McCor said:

Pay day weekend. Buy new laptop on the Friday, quiet night in Saturday, up with 37 coffees Sunday.

We got this. 

Or.. go out Saturday . Get hammered. Sleep thru the alarm. Wake up at midday convinced I’m wearing an internal balaclava. Kick the cat. Go back to the pub to drown my sorrows. Sulk.