Resale Club 2019

McCor

My boyfriend has now decided that he 'isn't that bothered' about going... and doesn't want me to try for him in the resale. But I really, really want to share the experience with him as he has never been before! What can I do to convince him :(

4 minutes ago, EMorgz92 said:

My boyfriend has now decided that he 'isn't that bothered' about going... and doesn't want me to try for him in the resale. But I really, really want to share the experience with him as he has never been before! What can I do to convince him :(

Get a new boyfriend before the resale? ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, EMorgz92 said:

Ooo relationship counselling.... ?

Ask him if there is another reason or is he just a miserable beggar! If he can't be bothered to do Glasto with you then the omens for a long term future together don't look good. Come join the happy people. 

Edited by Lycra
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ledwards said:

Why do we think it wouldn't be Easter? I mean how much difference does it make

Just a thought as it a bank holiday, don't think its ever been Easter when the resale is

2 hours ago, EMorgz92 said:

Buy him one anyway!! he'll thank you eventually ;)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jcatley said:

Can anyone remember on the Oxfam applications if you can only do an application for yourself or if you can apply as two? (Friends, couples etc.) 

One at a time.

You could try 2 different web browsers with a different account logged in on each - but if the places are really that limited might be a long shot to get both in.

5 hours ago, Bobs said:

Can't believe i'm in the resale club :(

Me and you alike mate, wanna hug? It will hopefully be my 30th Glasto this year along with my 50th birthday. If I don't get lucky in April then I'm going to go over to my allotment shed for a couple of days with a few boxes of red wine. You're welcome to pop over and join me, might have a little fire and stare into the flames for hours.

Edited by Cooter
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

My wife convinced me in 2015 , I was convinced it was not for me , but went , just o say I had tried it , and next time she should go with her mates , by the end of day one ( Wednesday) I was hooked , it’s just awesome on another level , went again in 2016 , and when we didn’t get tickets in17 I was devastated, get him through the gates and he WILL be hooked ? , I’m sure everyone on here will agree , there is something for everyone. Good luck

Could not agree more. I’ve only been the once ,2016, so I’m not exactly laden down with experience but  there is something almost magical about the place. I didn’t actually see Paul Daniels pull a rabbit out of Debbie McGees butthole while I was there but it had that special/magical feel to it.

When I didn’t get tickets for the following year I was mortified. My wife tried to console me by saying ‘there’s always next year’ . I then informed her 2018 is a fallow year and there was no festival so if she wouldn’t mind keeping her consoling words to herself it would for the best.

In case anyone is wondering we are (for the time being) still married. ?

Edited by andyb66

27 minutes ago, EmsieXxX said:

Hi guys haven't checked in for a while do we have an official resale date ?? ?

All we know is it’ll be a Thursday in April for coach tickets and the following Sunday for GA. no firm dates as yet.

3 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Trying for this Oxfam thing tomorrow, if by some miracle I sort myself out in the resale; do I lose my Oxfam deposit?

Quite happily take the hit on the money if it means attending. Just need to know how frugal I’ll have to be for the coming months.

You lose an admin fee, £20 I think?

10 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Trying for this Oxfam thing tomorrow, if by some miracle I sort myself out in the resale; do I lose my Oxfam deposit?

Quite happily take the hit on the money if it means attending. Just need to know how frugal I’ll have to be for the coming months.

If you cancel an Oxfam place within a week of applying, you get a full refund. If you cancel more than 6 weeks before the festival, you lose 20 quid as an admin fee. If you cancel with less than 6 weeks to go, then you lose it all.

3 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

I missed the paul daniels/ Debbie freckle trick as well lol

And to this day I still have no idea what she saw in the multi millionaire Paul Daniels... Weird world we live in!

13 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Apologies because this has probably been covered before, but does anyone know how coach tickets work if you have a child under 12? No festival ticket needed, but a seat on the coach needed...

You will need to call SeeTickets to book and pay for another seat on the coach. Do this ASAP after resale as space is limited. Good luck! :D