Resale Club 2019

McCor

6 hours ago, Perks said:

Anyone booked work annual leave without having a ticket? Just curious, I don't want to tempt fate - but my boss knows that i am off if i get a ticket

Yep - booked a week off, even started to buy in canned G&T’s ready for it too. All about the PMA here...

17 hours ago, Perks said:

Anyone booked work annual leave without having a ticket? Just curious, I don't want to tempt fate - but my boss knows that i am off if i get a ticket

Yes, booked it off as couldn’t risk not getting the time off once I hopefully get a ticket, that would be awful!

12 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Got a couple of crates of thatchers in the spare fridge in the garage.

I seriously cant do it, its gone if i know its there, hard enough in the week before, i left it all at work once, coz i kept drinking it

On 2/14/2019 at 5:01 PM, parsonjack said:

Need some help....with Resale Day looming ever larger myself and Mrs P have been discussing our 'accommodation' options if we get lucky in the sale.  We've used Tangerine Fields for a few years now but unless we manage to bag a cancellation in TF we're looking at camping on site - something that we've not ever done before (mainly due to early years being spent in a number of VW Campers...).

This prospect isn't sitting well with Mrs P who likes a little space and comfort, so I need some ideas on how to do it with as little stress as possible.  The plan so far is as follows:-

- park in West

- get a decent trolley and load it with just the essentials, tent, bedding, clothes, toothbrush so that in the event of p*ssing rain etc we won't have to do more trips immediately.

- camp on West side in Pylon, Bushy etc where ground is flat and in previous years there seems to be more space than elsewhere.  is this still the case?  How late could we turn up to find space here?

Anything else I can do to make life as easy as possible?

We always camp in Pylon or Riverhead. I think it's pretty great for space and for me the location is fine. I'm perfectly happy to have to walk about a lot of it means not having someone camped on top of me! Our friends turned up with one of those ridiculous Uber tents last year on Thursday mid afternoon and it was no bother (although from around 2pm we were sitting there for a bit drinking mojitos just incase... )

• Upvote 1

I think there should be a resalers meet up if we get there. If I am lucky enough to get a ticket I have every intention of having the time of my life at the farm ??

we managed to get 92 patients into -54 beds today - so I’m thinking that grabbing a resale ticket is absolutely in all our gift people....

I’d also like to thank the entire NHS for the unbelievable work they do.

As an aside, I’d like to also thank those lovely people at see tickets for furnishing me with tickets to see Foals at some tiny venue in London next week. Let’s hope the ‘see’ gods are smiling upon us all in April

Amen

14 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Mrs Is 30+ Year survivor  ? and still going , you guys work so hard and such long horrible hours , you should get free Glastonbury tickets. Have a cheeky upvote from me 

I seem to remember a few years back there was an area - Park maybe - where the work of Medecins Sans Frontiers was featured and profiled.  Perhaps it's about time the Festival did something similar to celebrate the work our fantastic NHS does for us?

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I seem to remember a few years back there was an area - Park maybe - where the work of Medecins Sans Frontiers was featured and profiled.  Perhaps it's about time the Festival did something similar to celebrate the work our fantastic NHS does for us? 

I think there have been a few small scale things over the years - most recently the commitment to set aside 500 free tickets for trainee nurses, and they invited the NHS Choir to play on the Pyramid one year.

But yeah, definitely room for more, and bigger.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:02 PM, tinaw said:

Remarkable isn’t it really? Yep - nurse of 25 years of NHS survival ?

That’s amazing. I couldn’t do 25 minutes. I’ve plenty of acquaintance with the NHS for a variety of reasons and it-because of the people in it-is incredible. I doff my hat to you.

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2019 at 8:56 PM, MEGABOWL said:

That’s amazing. I couldn’t do 25 minutes. I’ve plenty of acquaintance with the NHS for a variety of reasons and it-because of the people in it-is incredible. I doff my hat to you.

Thank you that’s really kind. 

Terrible news about Keith Flint, utterly tragic. 

How is everyone’s resale nerves holding up?

4 hours ago, Jim fitch said:

When do we think the date will be for the re sale ? Hoping it’s not 28th doing the London marathon ??‍♂️

When does the final balance have to be paid? if its the 6th / 7th April, then its hard to see the resale being the week after. then the weekend after that the 19th is Easter, cant imagine it being then, so it does leave that weekend of the 28th.. But that's just a guess dude.