Resale Club 2019

McCor

1 hour ago, chunkychips127 said:

the wait for the resale is horrible

Yep. Really is draining.

had blood pressure test today, nurse said think of nice things and relax, mind goes to Glastonbury, then I remember I’ve no ticket. Not good for the blood pressure.

34 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not that I was 100% free or even looked into but would anyone consider doing the Oxfam deal, then if they got lucky in the resale taking a big hit to attend completely to their own devices?

It wouldn't be that big of a hit. As long as you cancel at least 6 weeks out, it'd be a £20 admin fee.

24 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I thought it was 6 weeks from being approved?

Nope --

Each Festival has a 'cancellation deadline' which is 6 weeks before you are expected on-site. If you cancel a Festival after its cancellation deadline, you may forfeit your deposit. If you do need to cancel your place, the below admin fees will apply:

• Cancelling any number of festivals within 7 days of applying: No admin fee
  • Cancelling a place at a festival before the 6-week cancellation deadline is £20 per festival.

I've cut out some of the more detailed stuff about exceptional circumstances, lost equipment, etc. But it's definitely "6 weeks before you're expected on site" - for Glastonbury I make that either May 11, 13, or 14 depending on which day they're using so hopefully the resale has happened by then and anyone who's signed up to volunteer as an insurance policy will be able to make an informed decision.

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Not that I was 100% free or even looked into but would anyone consider doing the Oxfam deal, then if they got lucky in the resale taking a big hit to attend completely to their own devices?

I have chosen go with Oxfam and to get a place was just as stressful as ticket day with the site crashing and all stewarding places gone in 20 mins, so not an option now unless you campaign I’m afraid. I’m going to stick with it weighing up all the pros and cons, ie go in early, we can take are motorhome, secure campsite. 

6 hours ago, incident said:

Nope --

I've cut out some of the more detailed stuff about exceptional circumstances, lost equipment, etc. But it's definitely "6 weeks before you're expected on site" - for Glastonbury I make that either May 11, 13, or 14 depending on which day they're using so hopefully the resale has happened by then and anyone who's signed up to volunteer as an insurance policy will be able to make an informed decision.

I see, if I'd have looked more I'd have secured a ticket...albeit I was at work that day so a toilet phone break would have been hard lol, and took the £20 hit if successful in the resale.

36 minutes ago, Watchy said:

I have chosen go with Oxfam and to get a place was just as stressful as ticket day with the site crashing and all stewarding places gone in 20 mins, so not an option now unless you campaign I’m afraid. I’m going to stick with it weighing up all the pros and cons, ie go in early, we can take are motorhome, secure campsite. 

Fairplay.

Just to echo what a few people have said: the wait is by far the worst part! I saw the Resale Club twitter posted that a Friday or last week of Feb seems to be the most popular time for an announcement - so here's hoping for an absolute dogturd announcement in the next week or 2 to get more tickets back in that pot!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DareToDibble said:

so here's hoping for an absolute dogturd announcement in the next week or 2 to get more tickets back in that pot!

Does anyone believe that really happens?

I can certainly envisage that there are headliners who prompt some people to desperately want a ticket where they may have been on the fence before, just find it hard to believe the opposite.

25 minutes ago, clarkete said:

Does anyone believe that really happens?

I can certainly envisage that there are headliners who prompt some people to desperately want a ticket where they may have been on the fence before, just find it hard to believe the opposite.

For die-hard Glasto fans I don't think annoucements matter too much. However for the non-committed and hangers on who got a ticket in the autumn, I believe they do. It helps shape the picture of what they want to do or can do this summer. Along with other issues such as mates dropping out, available holiday from work, clashing events (eg weddings), money needed elsewhere and.....no no no I really don't think I could cope with living in a tent and all that dust/dirt/mud ?

1 hour ago, Lycra said:

For die-hard Glasto fans I don't think annoucements matter too much. However for the non-committed and hangers on who got a ticket in the autumn, I believe they do. It helps shape the picture of what they want to do or can do this summer. Along with other issues such as mates dropping out, available holiday from work, clashing events (eg weddings), money needed elsewhere and.....no no no I really don't think I could cope with living in a tent and all that dust/dirt/mud ?

Yeah i agree, die hards who go every year doesn't matter who plays, but there are people, mainly who have never been before and don't realise what glastonbury really is, will defo look for headliners etc and change their minds - they have nothing to base it on, we all just have to hope there are loads of them types and they all put their tickets back for us

On 2/22/2019 at 8:32 AM, DareToDibble said:

Just to echo what a few people have said: the wait is by far the worst part! I saw the Resale Club twitter posted that a Friday or last week of Feb seems to be the most popular time for an announcement - so here's hoping for an absolute dogturd announcement in the next week or 2 to get more tickets back in that pot!

I like the cut of your jib!

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

just returning to the safety of this group following some downtime and weekends away to flush out the ticketless blues - seems to have worked for a few months.

now I’m ready to dive back in and start thinking about getting organised for resale day.

how are you all bearing up?

On 2/26/2019 at 11:17 AM, moheetoes said:

Hi all,

just returning to the safety of this group following some downtime and weekends away to flush out the ticketless blues - seems to have worked for a few months.

now I’m ready to dive back in and start thinking about getting organised for resale day.

how are you all bearing up?

Oooh hello. I’m doing the same. Been entirely avoiding anything Glastonbury related for months and been utterly convinced I won’t get tickets. Now it’s the time of year where something ticks over in my head and I can’t help it, I’m thinking about Glastonbury and getting unjustifiably optimistic about tickets. Hopefully it’s not the hope that kills you....

1 hour ago, Perks said:

Anyone booked work annual leave without having a ticket? Just curious, I don't want to tempt fate - but my boss knows that i am off if i get a ticket

God yes. If I didn’t someone else would. Plus if I’m out of luck this year I’m taking the family on holiday.