Resale Club 2019

McCor

4 hours ago, Big durbs said:

here is a link to the BED we have , https://www.costco.co.uk/Sports-Spas-Leisure/Camping/Bestway-Queen-Comfort-Elevated-Airbed-with-Built-In-Pump/p/228790

like i said ,, comfort is the way forward here :-) and worth evry penny.

here is a link to the trolly type https://www.amazon.co.uk/VonHaus-All-Terrain-Trolley-Capacity-Festivals/dp/B00HW54L10/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=shopomo-21&linkId=13776dbe53fe90f5d3a8fcd83fcc2c69

its worth having a look around , lots of these are sold loads of places , but will give you idea of what they look like.

and something like this if you dont want to work up a sweat with the airbed https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-4D-Battery-Quick-Pump/dp/B00PAAESSA/ref=sr_1_cc_6?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1550220241&sr=1-6-catcorr&keywords=airbed+pump+battery

Cheers @Big durbsthe trolley is a definite...no compromise on that.

I've spoken with a surprisingly large number of people who are no longer going for various reasons, none of them to do with the proposed headliners. The deposit scheme structure allows people to secure a ticket in October then they have six months to decide if they're going and many of them have decided not to bother (I'd say that most weren't 100% committed to begin with). This is obviously great news for those trying in the resale but it begs the question, is the current deposit system fair for those who desperately want to go but miss out on ticket day to those who are just chancing their arm and seeing how the land lies in six months time? Would the loss of the entire deposit discourage those in two minds, leaving the path clear for those who really want to attend? Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've spoken with a surprisingly large number of people who are no longer going for various reasons, none of them to do with the proposed headliners. The deposit scheme structure allows people to secure a ticket in October then they have six months to decide if they're going and many of them have decided not to bother (I'd say that most weren't 100% committed to begin with). This is obviously great news for those trying in the resale but it begs the question, is the current deposit system fair for those who desperately want to go but miss out on ticket day to those who are just chancing their arm and seeing how the land lies in six months time? Would the loss of the entire deposit discourage those in two minds, leaving the path clear for those who really want to attend? Just a thought.

Totally agree. There's the other side of the argument that it gives people time to save, so not to exclude those with low/no-income. But if you ask me, if you are committed enough you would save pre-October for the ticket

My own personal view , has been mentioned a few times in the past, is pay the full amount at time of first sale to stop ‘ the chancers’ And give the die hard ‘ I don’t care who headlines I just want to be there ‘ a better chance of securing tickets first time of asking. 

Been said before but those of lower incomes can still budget. They know the sale is October so everyone knows the form.

Said my bit. It’s the weekend. Let’s get drunk!

Have a good one you lovely lot. 

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

...it begs the question, is the current deposit system fair for those who desperately want to go but miss out on ticket day to those who are just chancing their arm and seeing how the land lies in six months time? Would the loss of the entire deposit discourage those in two minds, leaving the path clear for those who really want to attend? Just a thought.

I think the time has come to raise the deposit to the percentage of the full ticket value it represented when the system was introduced. Back then £50 equated to approx 33% of the full ticket price. Over the years it has eroded to just below 20%. This may go some way to alleviate the problem of tickets being banked on deposits by speculators who have low/half-hearted interest in actually going.

1 minute ago, Big durbs said:

Here’s a wierd fact , the population of bath is 83000 , so Glastonbury is the entire population of bath x3 ! Or half the population of Bristol , or half the population of Somerset! .

i new it was big , but my god , when you put it in those terms it’s a real eye opener 

How big is the population of people trying for resale tickets though..... 

19 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Just noticed your in gert frome , your on the doorstep lol , you must be in the locals catchment , or are you like my brother in chilcompton just outside ?

Afraid not....Frome was once in local catchment but not for 10 years or so.  We can get Sunday tickets though.  Lost count of the amount of folks we speak to at G who still think we get in for free.

Morning all

Tad off topic but anyone have any knowledge of Bath and surrounding areas? I’m coming down to Gloucester on Friday for the rugby but staying at a mates who has a place in Turleigh so any recommendations for a late night bar in Bath for a cleansing ale or two post match?  Cheers

7 hours ago, andyb66 said:

Morning all

Tad off topic but anyone have any knowledge of Bath and surrounding areas? I’m coming down to Gloucester on Friday for the rugby but staying at a mates who has a place in Turleigh so any recommendations for a late night bar in Bath for a cleansing ale or two post match?  Cheers

I used to drink st the pig and whistle (it’s still there, nice pub) when I worked in bath but can’t remember the names of the late night places I’ve been to more recently. Bit of a blur!

12 hours ago, andyb66 said:

Morning all

There are some great pubs in Bath:

-Pig & Fiddle, student-ey pub near the Hilton Hotel

-Hall and Woodhouse, huge variety of drinks with rooftop terrace (although fairly expensive)

-Crystal Palace, cosy pub with a nice beer garden and atmosphere

-The Cork, larger than the above with lots of choice and outdoor heating

Hope that helps!

7 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

There are some great pubs in Bath:

-Pig & Fiddle, student-ey pub near the Hilton Hotel

-Hall and Woodhouse, huge variety of drinks with rooftop terrace (although fairly expensive)

-Crystal Palace, cosy pub with a nice beer garden and atmosphere

-The Cork, larger than the above with lots of choice and outdoor heating

Hope that helps!

Very kind. Thank you 

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I might be a bit early, but how do people think is the best way to handle the resale for our lot here with the Google sheet that was created? As in getting the tickets etc?

Good shout....hoping @McCor might have some ideas and we can get it all planned ahead of time.  The list will need to be revisited for sure....there may be names on there that have changed plans and need to be removed so that a plan can be formulated from a final list.  I guess we may need a firm cut-off date for the list therefore.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Good shout....hoping @McCor might have some ideas and we can get it all planned ahead of time.  The list will need to be revisited for sure....there may be names on there that have changed plans and need to be removed so that a plan can be formulated from a final list.  I guess we may need a firm cut-off date for the list therefore.

Sounds like a good plan!

30 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Do we expect a line-up before resale day?  Perhaps the deadline should be after any lineup to allow decisions to be made....?

Why? Not wanting to be difficult but surely the list is for the totally committed no matter what the final lineup is. I know me and my lot don't care, any quality stuff on the lineup is always an added bonus.

11 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Why? Not wanting to be difficult but surely the list is for the totally committed no matter what the final lineup is. I know me and my lot don't care, any quality stuff on the lineup is always an added bonus.

Totally agree. My view is I just want to be there and if a couple of bands I like happen to be playing then that’s an added bonus. Not too fussed if the headlining acts are Stormzy , The Wurzels and a Cheeky Girls DJ set , I just want a ticket! 

And just to be clear , I do not have any Wurzels or Cheeky Girls material in my collection. Honest.....

9 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Totally agree. My view is I just want to be there and if a couple of bands I like happen to be playing then that’s an added bonus. Not too fussed if the headlining acts are Stormzy , The Wurzels and a Cheeky Girls DJ set , I just want a ticket! 

Yep, agree, don’t need to see the line up, I’d go whoever is on. I gotta be there, the thought of not going isn’t something I want to think of. Ever.

3 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Ah , cheeky girls do set , headline pyramid for Saturday surely ? Lol

Not enough beer in the world to make me witness that particular slot. Well... maybe 3 pints.

And a packet of pork scratchings