Resale Club 2019

McCor

36 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

All good here mate. Just been contemplating the last few days which one of the 5 of us is going to have to go it alone in the resale and risk a) missing out or b) being the only one who potentially gets a ticket and has to go solo. I guess we could split it 2-3 and keep our fingers crossed.

Bit of a quandary to say the least.

All good your end?

Can’t you split so it’s 2 in coach and rest in general? 

43 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

All good here mate. Just been contemplating the last few days which one of the 5 of us is going to have to go it alone in the resale and risk a) missing out or b) being the only one who potentially gets a ticket and has to go solo. I guess we could split it 2-3 and keep our fingers crossed.

Bit of a quandary to say the least.

All good your end?

We’re 5 too, we want coach, so it’s 2, 2 and a 1! Harsh. Then we’ll have to go 3 and a 2 in the main sale. 5 is a crap number for the resale!

12 hours ago, andyb66 said:

If The Killers are playing I will sell my soul to get a ticket. I reckon my soul is worth about £8.53.

So then I sell all my worldly possessions which amounts to about £127.89.

Can anyone lend me a couple of quid??

10 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Well onboard for the cure ?

You guys should take some of this positivity over to the Headliners thread where some folk are getting kinda angry about the headliners...

So I've come over to tell you guys about my group of 19. You might remember I told you I had a few drop outs due to a wedding etc , but since then things have become even worse:

1. In - Me: I am still going and will travel through hell and high water (although hopefully not that much rain water obvs) to get to the G, even if all of my other crew have dropped out and 

2. Out - wedding

3: Out - wedding

4: Out - only knows the two people who are out due to the wedding

5: Out - pregnant and due Glastonbury weekend

6: Out - wife pregnant and due Glastonbury weekend

7: Out - got dumped by number 8 and decided to book herself a trip to Bali that weekend instead

8: Probably out - Has got a new job which won't let him have the four weeks off he was planning for a three-week Andean climbing trip literally B2B with Glastonbury. May still end up coming as his arm is fucked and he reckons he needs an op on it before risking his life in the mountains. We probs find that out this week. If he can't get the op in time, he'll be coming to the farm

9: Probably out but too scared to tell me - Only really knows people 1-6 and prefers the boomtown lineup and can't do both as currently lives in NYC

10: Probably out but feels too guilty to confirm - Not impressed with the lineup and accidentally booked a family holiday flying out on Monday 1st July and for some reason thinks this is a problem

11: Still in for now - The guy who sits next to me at uni. His first festival, and he's pretty excited but his girlfriend recently realised what a drugs/booze fest Glastonbury is and she's starting to put her foot down... So we'll see how that goes

12-13: In - newbies, want to stay in a camper van 

14-15: In - Very excited newbies

16-17: In - Veterans but this year bringing one of their Mum's and her partner for her 70th, so may be a different urrrrm "vibe" from previous years

18-19: In - Newbies, Number 15's Mum and her partner. 

So, as you can see, my crew may well have more than halved! And somehow lost most of the veterans! However, good news for you guys :) especially if people really do think like my number 10 does and actually don't want to go due to the lineup (which I didn't think was a thing, but now I realise it is....) 

58 minutes ago, Perks said:

We’re 5 too, we want coach, so it’s 2, 2 and a 1! Harsh. Then we’ll have to go 3 and a 2 in the main sale. 5 is a crap number for the resale!

1 hour ago, andyb66 said:

A possibility. The one problem is the fact no one wants to go by coach! 

Might have to ponder further.

We're a 5 too :( I would hate to do coach as well but happy to take one for the team as we live in London so will be more options for us. Also hoping if the other 3 get tickets then they will pitch our tent if we end up on a late coach. 

Not long now guys.. 9ish weeks

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

So I've come over to tell you guys about my group of 19. You might remember I told you I had a few drop outs due to a wedding etc , but since then things have become even worse:

1. In - Me: I am still going and will travel through hell and high water (although hopefully not that much rain water obvs) to get to the G, even if all of my other crew have dropped out and 

2. Out - wedding

7: Out - got dumped by number 8 and decided to book herself a trip to Bali that weekend instead

8: Probably out - Has got a new job which won't let him have the four weeks off he was planning for a three-week Andean climbing trip literally B2B with Glastonbury. May still end up coming as his arm is fucked and he reckons he needs an op on it before risking his life in the mountains. We probs find that out this week. If he can't get the op in time, he'll be coming to the farm

9: Probably out but too scared to tell me - Only really knows people 1-6 and prefers the boomtown lineup and can't do both as currently lives in NYC

10: Probably out but feels too guilty to confirm - Not impressed with the lineup and accidentally booked a family holiday flying out on Monday 1st July and for some reason thinks this is a problem

11: Still in for now - The guy who sits next to me at uni. His first festival, and he's pretty excited but his girlfriend recently realised what a drugs/booze fest Glastonbury is and she's starting to put her foot down... So we'll see how that goes

16-17: In - Veterans but this year bringing one of their Mum's and her partner for her 70th, so may be a different urrrrm "vibe" from previous years

So, as you can see, my crew may well have more than halved! And somehow lost most of the veterans! However, good news for you guys :) especially if people really do think like my number 10 does and actually don't want to go due to the lineup (which I didn't think was a thing, but now I realise it is....) 

Did you get 19 tickets!?! wowzers! impressive. Its a shame so many of your friends don't realise how good glasto is - but at least you have those excited newbies :)

6 minutes ago, ledwards said:

Did you get 19 tickets!?! wowzers! impressive. Its a shame so many of your friends don't realise how good glasto is - but at least you have those excited newbies :)

I know, I was so pleased at the time - no man was left behind :) Obviously I can't be too annoyed at the wedding/imminent baby issues...but yeh, some of the others clearly just don't get it. I was hanging out with the two who are going to the wedding at the weekend. One of them was like "oh its fine, we'll come in 2020, that's the big one anyway"......so I think there's potentially an additional thing of not realising how lucky we were to get all those tickets and how unlikely it will be to happen again! Oh well, ce la vie 

6 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I know, I was so pleased at the time - no man was left behind :) Obviously I can't be too annoyed at the wedding/imminent baby issues...but yeh, some of the others clearly just don't get it. I was hanging out with the two who are going to the wedding at the weekend. One of them was like "oh its fine, we'll come in 2020, that's the big one anyway"......so I think there's potentially an additional thing of not realising how lucky we were to get all those tickets and how unlikely it will be to happen again! Oh well, ce la vie 

What was your technique in getting tickets? please share your wisdom! ps. thanks for letting us know - giving me a slight inch of hope!

2 minutes ago, ledwards said:

What was your technique in getting tickets? please share your wisdom! ps. thanks for letting us know - giving me a slight inch of hope!

TBH, I have personally never actually purchased a ticket. But this year I was shit hot on organisation, which I like to think was key to our success :lol: Everyone in teams of six, a WhatsApp group for each team and then one WhatsApp group for the team leaders. One of my friends gets through every fucking year since god knows when, but this year someone else got in twice and bought 12 tickets (weirdly, she also got through on the coach tickets on thurs...I half think there's something in that, like they remember your IP or something, but its probably a conspiracy). I know for a fact she just did it by having one browser on one device, pressing refresh not too fast and, most importantly, staying calm. Also go for coaches, because even if only 2 of you secure a coach (as we did), it can bring down the number of groups your trying for on the Sunday. 

I'll obviously be livid when, after they all bailed this year, we fail to get any tickets next year using this exact method

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ledwards said:

We're a 5 too :( I would hate to do coach as well but happy to take one for the team as we live in London so will be more options for us. Also hoping if the other 3 get tickets then they will pitch our tent if we end up on a late coach. 

Not long now guys.. 9ish weeks

Why all the coach hate? Ignoring the fact that it's a great way to travel (and by the sounds of it you'll have mates going in the car to take extra stuff, all going to plan), you're simply maximising your chances by trying in the coach resale before the main resale...

22 minutes ago, Hawros said:

Why all the coach hate? Ignoring the fact that it's a great way to travel (and by the sounds of it you'll have mates going in the car to take extra stuff, all going to plan), you're simply maximising your chances by trying in the coach resale before the main resale...

Hate was for sure the wrong word, as I am definitely keen to travel this way if it means I get there (hence me and my partner splitting from the other 3!). Just a slight annoyance with having to leave as per the coach time. I also once traveled via national express and once at the festival the driver spilled out all our bags onto the gravel, upon which a girls bag was stolen.. She had nothing apart from the clothes she was stood up in and that was the end of her glasto before she even got through the gates. Will never forget that. 

But like I said, whatever gets me there!

Just now, ledwards said:

Hate was for sure the wrong word, as I am definitely keen to travel this way if it means I get there (hence me and my partner splitting from the other 3!). Just a slight annoyance with having to leave as per the coach time. I also once traveled via national express and once at the festival the driver spilled out all our bags onto the gravel, upon which a girls bag was stolen.. She had nothing apart from the clothes she was stood up in and that was the end of her glasto before she even got through the gates. Will never forget that. 

But like I said, whatever gets me there!

Definitely not the usual experience, terrible for her of course.

Having to stick to a coach time is a particularly small price to pay, considering all the other benefits, chief of all having a ticket in the first place. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2019 at 9:33 AM, Sasperella said:

2. Out - wedding

People...this is great news....if the ratio of dropouts is mirrored across the entire ticket holding demographic we could be looking at 65k in the resale pot!  

* Rushes away to find other straws to cling onto..... 

This change in weather, the sun's sudden higher position in the sky, the fact it's already February.... I'm not sure how I feel about being ticketless right now. This feeling dissipated over the festive period, but it's back, with a bang. Need some positive vibes!!!!

I'm still undecided if we're going to come / try for tickets this year. Usually I wouldn't question it but last year we had such a good holiday year, a lot of our usual group of friends aren't going. And I don't have the same excitement as previous years. Of course, I know without a ticket come June time I'll be crying somewhere at not being there. It's also a money thing - could do with saving money rather than spending £500 on tickets and then spending, transport etc. 

1 hour ago, McCor said:

This change in weather, the sun's sudden higher position in the sky, the fact it's already February.... I'm not sure how I feel about being ticketless right now. This feeling dissipated over the festive period, but it's back, with a bang. Need some positive vibes!!!!

I'm back to checking this forum multiple times a day and following all the rumours intently, need to get a ticket! 

2 hours ago, McCor said:

Don’t lose faith, we’ll do this! We’ll be sitting in that field come end of June, listening to The Killers headline the Pyramid Stage, I believe that!

• Like 1

Need some help....with Resale Day looming ever larger myself and Mrs P have been discussing our 'accommodation' options if we get lucky in the sale.  We've used Tangerine Fields for a few years now but unless we manage to bag a cancellation in TF we're looking at camping on site - something that we've not ever done before (mainly due to early years being spent in a number of VW Campers...).

This prospect isn't sitting well with Mrs P who likes a little space and comfort, so I need some ideas on how to do it with as little stress as possible.  The plan so far is as follows:-

- park in West

- get a decent trolley and load it with just the essentials, tent, bedding, clothes, toothbrush so that in the event of p*ssing rain etc we won't have to do more trips immediately.

- camp on West side in Pylon, Bushy etc where ground is flat and in previous years there seems to be more space than elsewhere.  is this still the case?  How late could we turn up to find space here?

Anything else I can do to make life as easy as possible?

The past 3 festivals we’ve arrived west side late weds morning, an hour’s queue then camped pylons area, loads of space. Shuttle run as you say.

You’ve pretty much answered your own questions there pj, West is Best for a bit more space; there was still room Thurs PM.

Hope to be there again this year pending resale gods playing ball.

You could always try Love Fields if you do want very close, off site camping with loads of space, may already be fully booked though, haven’t checked.

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2019 at 3:33 PM, McCor said:

Yup :yes: ^^^ This! 

I almost want April to be here now and then I don't for fear of impending despair!