Resale Club 2019

McCor

32 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Whats the score with coach tickets, is it a minefield selecting times, locations and dates?

Yes, can be very difficult. If you can get the location you need, just choose the first time available on the drop-down list. By the time you’ve looked through and considered some could be gone.

I’ve used this tactic for the past 4 or so Festival’s and I’ve been successful every time (incl this year on the Thursday)

27 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Yes, can be very difficult. If you can get the location you need, just choose the first time available on the drop-down list. By the time you’ve looked through and considered some could be gone.

I’ve used this tactic for the past 4 or so Festival’s and I’ve been successful every time (incl this year on the Thursday)

I will go from anywhere at any time.

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

I will go from anywhere at any time.

I’ve said this before too. We live near Bristol, so we’ve said radius up to Birmingham. We’d probably go from further if push came to shove though.

Tip with the coaches - if you get the through and they’re all sold out, keep clicking the locations occasionally - I’ve found a few tend to come back (gone again in a blink)

On 2/5/2019 at 10:38 PM, amfy said:

You can do the bars with Shelter without having to do any other festivals. People who did Glastonbury last time out have priority but in my experience there were plenty of places. I worked for them in 2017 and they’d actually had to get some agency bar staff and pay them because they didn’t get enough volunteers.

With Oxfam, those who did 2 festivals the previous year get priority, but there are spaces for people who just want to sign up for Glastonbury. Competition is almost ticket day level of fierce if you are non-priority, but you either get in or you don’t - you don’t have to do another one.

Both offer staff camping with a free meal for every shift you do, better loos, showers, somewhere to charge your phone, early access to the site and access to crew bars that aren’t open to the public.

Overall, it’s a different festival when you volunteer, because you can’t spend the whole time hammered, but it has its compensations.

I think it’s actually only Festaff who insist on you doing another festival.

What about wateraid? I know someone who would be quite happy cleaning the toilets if it meant getting to the festival 

13 hours ago, amfy said:

I’ve no idea, but water aid opens the earliest and is open now.

Water aid does the water points and some other stuff as well as loo cleaning.

They are heroes to be fair!

I’ve told him about water aid. He’s a first timer at volunteering so that might go against him. 

19 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Just had a look at that and set up a reminder. 3 x 8 hour shifts between Wednesday and Sunday. Absolutely worth doing!

100% if I ever fail at getting tickets in the main sale I’m just going to volunteer and not bother with resale torture. Oxfam is hard to get though. They give priority to people who’ve done it before and after that there’s not many places left I think.

19 hours ago, eastynh said:

Whats the score with coach tickets, is it a minefield selecting times, locations and dates?

Yeah it really is, I never know the best way to go about it, like do i try London first as there are more options or somewhere more random where less will try.. Ideally I want from Birmingham on the Wednesday, which I managed to get in a resale before, but its just luck, I have said anywhere south of Birmingham..have different people looking at different locations i suppose

On 2/8/2019 at 1:37 PM, Perks said:

..have different people looking at different locations i suppose

Yeah, just multiple people trying for whatever suits you best/they can get simultaneously.  I've failed at multiple places whilst someone else succeeded and vice versa.

Can I join in? I check this thread most days too. Praying for resale gods to be looking down favourably on all here 

I’ve been lucky enough to never been in the resale club as yet - can anyone shed any light on when the resale weekend may be? First Sunday in april?

9 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Welcome aboard , ? , May I be the first to throw you a upvote .

the balance from the general sale is the week commencing 1st April , and closes on the 7th , therefore resale should be 2nd or 3rd weekend in April, I think that’s correct, unless anyone else has more accurate information?

That's correct - more likely the second (or fourth possibly) as the third weekend this year is Easter :)

• Upvote 1

On 11/26/2018 at 2:43 PM, Stu H said:

I'll be trying for tickets in April, but the wife and I are also trying for our second child - there'd be a certain irony if both ended up happening! 

Well, the first ended up happening!

So now (tickets permitting) I get to have a very adult Glastonbury rather than with toddler, who's staying at home with a pregnant mum!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Stu H said:

Well, the first ended up happening!

So now (tickets permitting) I get to have a very adult Glastonbury rather than with toddler, who's staying at home with a pregnant mum!

Congratulations dude.

No ticket resale stress too.

just re-read your post; sorry; so you still need 1 for you. So you still have resale stress! 

Edited by Perks
Re read post
  • Upvote 1

If The Killers are playing I will sell my soul to get a ticket. I reckon my soul is worth about £8.53.

So then I sell all my worldly possessions which amounts to about £127.89.

Can anyone lend me a couple of quid??

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

The killers would be cool , apparently the “ s3cret set “ on the JP stage was awesome in 2017 

Yeah couple of my pals were at it, said it was amazing, im not too sold on them, but The Cure. Now we’re talking

30 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Do what I can buddy , lol

you holding up ok , not to long now till resale ?

All good here mate. Just been contemplating the last few days which one of the 5 of us is going to have to go it alone in the resale and risk a) missing out or b) being the only one who potentially gets a ticket and has to go solo. I guess we could split it 2-3 and keep our fingers crossed.

Bit of a quandary to say the least.

All good your end?