Resale Club 2019

McCor

5 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Anyone who’s really committed should consider volunteering as well. Not everyone will be successful in resale so it’s good to have a plan b (or c I suppose)

If there were any opportunities to volunteer where I didn't have to volunteer elsewhere for a couple of fests pre - Glastonbury, or didn't need a referral I'd be signing up right away.

I don't really want to use up my holiday volunteering at fests I don't care about.

1 minute ago, James96 said:

If there were any opportunities to volunteer where I didn't have to volunteer elsewhere for a couple of fests pre - Glastonbury, or didn't need a referral I'd be signing up right away.

I don't really want to use up my holiday volunteering at fests I don't care about.

You can do the bars with Shelter without having to do any other festivals. People who did Glastonbury last time out have priority but in my experience there were plenty of places. I worked for them in 2017 and they’d actually had to get some agency bar staff and pay them because they didn’t get enough volunteers.

With Oxfam, those who did 2 festivals the previous year get priority, but there are spaces for people who just want to sign up for Glastonbury. Competition is almost ticket day level of fierce if you are non-priority, but you either get in or you don’t - you don’t have to do another one.

Both offer staff camping with a free meal for every shift you do, better loos, showers, somewhere to charge your phone, early access to the site and access to crew bars that aren’t open to the public.

Overall, it’s a different festival when you volunteer, because you can’t spend the whole time hammered, but it has its compensations.

I think it’s actually only Festaff who insist on you doing another festival.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, amfy said:

You can do the bars with Shelter without having to do any other festivals. People who did Glastonbury last time out have priority but in my experience there were plenty of places. I worked for them in 2017 and they’d actually had to get some agency bar staff and pay them because they didn’t get enough volunteers.

With Oxfam, those who did 2 festivals the previous year get priority, but there are spaces for people who just want to sign up for Glastonbury. Competition is almost ticket day level of fierce if you are non-priority, but you either get in or you don’t - you don’t have to do another one.

Both offer staff camping with a free meal for every shift you do, better loos, showers, somewhere to charge your phone, early access to the site and access to crew bars that aren’t open to the public.

Overall, it’s a different festival when you volunteer, because you can’t spend the whole time hammered, but it has its compensations.

I think it’s actually only Festaff who insist on you doing another festival.

That's excellent regarding the Shelter volunteering, I will look into that. Obviously understand the priorities on previous volunteers, completely fair.

I had a dream last night that I got to Glastonbury before the rest of my group so set up my tent and waited whilst having a few beers.

When I woke up my girlfriend turned to me and said “I had a really weird dream we were at Glastonbury...”

If that isn’t a sign we’re getting tickets in the resale I don’t know what is!

So the last time I got tickets in the resale was many years ago now, due to either a) getting lucky in the initial sale, or b) not bothering at all.  However, I am pretty sure all resale tickets were only available over the phone then, rather than online.  So, was this actually the case, or am I remembering wrongly?  Also if this was the case, I assume the resale tickets are now booked online through SeeTickets as per the main sale?

On 2/5/2019 at 12:39 PM, Ozanne said:

I’m still very keen, getting more nervous as the weeks pass. Especially seeing The Killers go to odds on favourites to headlong. It’s my dream to see them headline the Pyramid Stage!

That's a harsh downvote!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Big durbs said:

the killer were apaperntly very good in 2017

Can confirm they were fantastic. Went to see them in Swansea June 2018 as a result of their Glasto gig, fantastic.

I hadn't seen that their odds of headlining had been shortened. Makes it a more bitter blow if we fail to get tickets!

20 hours ago, eFestivals said:

difficult to say, as Easter gets in the way this year - last time it was Sunday 23rd.

The likely dates are Sunday 14th or Sunday 28th April, I think. Take your pick.

Sunday 14th would be the best for me! However, as coach sale would only be 4 days after the ticket return deadline, I can't see that being enough time for the people at see tickets to get things in order.  

The resale date in 2017 was announced 10 days before, so looks like we will find out last week of March.

4 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Definitely 4 in the main, not sure about coach 100% but I think 2 is right, yeah.

Yeah, I think the coach default is 2, but is also limited by the number on the particular place / time coach you're booking for (how many seats on that coach/coaches have been freed up - may only be 1).

6 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Definitely 4 in the main, not sure about coach 100% but I think 2 is right, yeah.

Cool, thought it was 4 in the main, yeah pretty sure 2 in the coach

Sheeeet - how many has everyone gotta try for?

We need 5 (shit number with a 4 and a 2 on offer). I know some pals of my pals who are trying for 3

Just now, Perks said:

Cool, thought it was 4 in the main, yeah pretty sure 2 in the coach

Sheeeet - how many has everyone gotta try for?

We need 5 (shit number with a 4 and a 2 on offer). I know some pals of my pals who are trying for 3

5 for us as well, a proper shit number. In there are 2 couples but the individual hasn’t been for a few years as she had a baby so it seems only fair she’s included!

Just now, DareToDibble said:

5 for us as well, a proper shit number. In there are 2 couples but the individual hasn’t been for a few years as she had a baby so it seems only fair she’s included!

Yeah 5 sucks. we''re gonna have to split up anyway, as we are wanting the coach package ideally

Need it be April

46 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

5 here too. My bf and I are taking one for the team and going to try by coach.. if we're lucky enough!