Resale Club 2019

McCor

5 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

A suggestion: doesn’t matter whoever in the group gets through, they put as lead booker the one you have all agreed on, who has the funds, and use their card details. You can all pre-pay that person, or wait until successful and transfer the funds then. 

Only problem is the group is slightly extended with a few people only knowing one another through mutual friends and therefore may be a bit hesitant about giving their details out. For me personally its a risk id be willing to take to get to Glastonbury, just not sure about a few others.

But yeh, this does seem like the most logical and reasonable way to deal with it. Luckily we've got 3 months to try and get this message across :) 

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Probably been discussed before but what do people think the chances are of bagging a ticket in the resale compared to the initial sale? Still a large amount of our group without tickets who have become incredulous at the prospect of being on the farm and are running out of time to book the needed annual leave off...

Surely the higher upfront costs in the resale will unfortunately exclude a few people, and also mean that a large amount of people who get through will only be trying for single tickets over multiple?

Admittedly we're still trying to work out a way of paying if an individual gets through who doesn't have the minimum £1,000 in the bank. Quick phone call to an individual who does have the funds doesn't seem the most efficient of ways...

I've always been lucky in the general sale but I've got tickets three times in resales for other people (out of three times of trying) - twice for people off here. It is a greatly reduced number on sale though.

I think if funds are an issue, the only way is to use just one person's details. You could also preload a card (prepayment) but then if you don't get tickets, the money might be locked on it.

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I've always been lucky in the general sale but I've got tickets three times in resales for other people (out of three times of trying) - twice for people off here. It is a greatly reduced number on sale though.

I think if funds are an issue, the only way is to use just one person's details. You could also preload a card (prepayment) but then if you don't get tickets, the money might be locked on it.

If you are going to be available on the resale morning and could help then that would be great.

7 hours ago, thewayiam said:

If you are going to be available on the resale morning and could help then that would be great.

I will be; I've got a few I'm going in for on here, who I've spoken to already. I'll be in looking to see who else to help, when I've (hopefully) sorted them.

Fingers crossed, all who need them will get sorted. 

Edited by vintagelaureate
  • Upvote 2

On 1/12/2019 at 7:21 AM, t0paz said:

I don’t think you’ll need to bother with the VPN back to the UK? No reason why you couldn’t buy straight from Turkey. The website is pretty simple so bandwidth shouldn’t be an issue.

I bought tickets for the Massive Attack gig in Bristol from my iPhone on a Turkish beach and they sold out in minutes. The 4G signal is everywhere. It may be simpler than you think!

I use my works PC on work connection (same provider and business connection as see tickets). It's not let me down yet. So its not about buying from turkey :)

I’m pinning the majority of my hopes on the resale.

Failing that I’ll join the scramble for VIP tickets assuming they haven’t rocketed to eye watering levels.

If both of those ideas turn out to be fruitless I’ll tell the lovely Mrs B I got tickets anyway and just go on a 5 day bender ! 

Mums the word...?

3 hours ago, andyb66 said:

I’m pinning the majority of my hopes on the resale.

Failing that I’ll join the scramble for VIP tickets assuming they haven’t rocketed to eye watering levels.

If both of those ideas turn out to be fruitless I’ll tell the lovely Mrs B I got tickets anyway and just go on a 5 day bender ! 

Mums the word...?

How much are VIP usually?

They start from about 2/2.5k and can go up to whatever number you like! 

I saw one company offering an Airstream all singing and dancing for the knock down price of 15k!! 

I checked the date of the email and it wasn’t April 1st.. I deleted it rather quickly..

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Checking in here.....saw Mr E at the weekend....Mrs Parson accosted him and planted a smacker on his cheek but no magic ticket appeared from his pocket ?

I wish this waiting was over.......

DSC_2351.JPG

he might have had one for you if you didn't take subtle leg photos of him :) 

5 hours ago, BigChief said:

Always had massive respect for the Water Aid clean up crew on the  long drops, but its not for me. Working on a water station could be a laugh, but hungover trying to clean up some of the horror shows I have seen over the years at Glastonbury..... ?

I always imagined they cleaned them with what is essentially a big hose, but I saw a photo of them with a mop and bucket ha. I've applied regardless though, I'd like to think I could suck it up.