Resale Club 2019

McCor

8 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I'm tempted...

I can barely get enough time off ( assuming I get lucky in the resale) to go to the festival as a regular ticket holder let alone get extra time to get in as a charity worker. All those trying to get in this way I wish you all the best of luck.

P.S. Happy new year!

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I was tempted after nor getting a ticket but now I'm just hoping for the resale and that either myself or another on here will come to the rescue, I'll be on helping others too.

I'm currently waiting for an application form, I'd love to be there so I suppose litter picking is better than not.

22 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I'm currently waiting for an application form, I'd love to be there so I suppose litter picking is better than not.

True. I know people who do it so was going to try and get on the morning shift which is 6 hours covering 5 days but I just can't bring myself to do it. If I miss out I do, I can't moan at the run I've had.

36 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

True. I know people who do it so was going to try and get on the morning shift which is 6 hours covering 5 days but I just can't bring myself to do it. If I miss out I do, I can't moan at the run I've had.

The 6-12 it'll be a hard push. Not my first choice tbh would rather have a ticket, I've done 3 years in a row and live in Street so in the local catchment area but my luck ran out this year! 

I think with working, the problem for me is that if you are going with someone, you aren't guaranteed to be on the same shifts. So you could go and never see each other and effectively be there by yourself. That and I don't think going straight from the Block 9 to pick up litter, totally out my trumpet, would be that fun ?

So what is the likely resale date? Usually it's a couple of weeks after the balance deadline closes, which would make Sunday 21st likely. However that's Easter Sunday which makes it unlikely as I'm pretty sure See would need to pay staff extra to cover it (plus it's a religious holiday), which means they'll either have to go earlier on the 14th (which may be too soon) or later on Sunday 28th.

Hopefully not the 28th as it's the London Marathon that day and I need to try for folks.

Apologies if this has already been covered, there's 49 pages to sift through! 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

So what is the likely resale date? Usually it's a couple of weeks after the balance deadline closes, which would make Sunday 21st likely. However that's Easter Sunday which makes it unlikely as I'm pretty sure See would need to pay staff extra to cover it (plus it's a religious holiday), which means they'll either have to go earlier on the 14th (which may be too soon) or later on Sunday 28th.

Hopefully not the 28th as it's the London Marathon that day and I need to try for folks.

Sorry .... I think it is.

As you say, it's usually towards the end of April. This year Easter is late (Sunday 21st), so it won't be that weekend. 

Probably coach on Thursday 25th & Main on Sunday 28th April.

#AHTT

I booked a holiday to the Philippines and on resale date i'll be in Coron (an island with extremely limited wifi)

I feel sad knowing I'm leaving the fate of Glastonbury tickets to friends.. But I needed to go over Easter else i wouldn't of had enough annual leave :(

What will be will be i guess. I'm going to buy a 4G simcard and hope the fact I'm literally in the arse end of nowhere is in my favour?

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

The 21st would be my birthday, so that would either make or ruin my day! Hoping the 28th as it might make it that little bit less busy we all need:) 

17 hours ago, Kalopsia said:

The 21st would be my birthday, so that would either make or ruin my day! Hoping the 28th as it might make it that little bit less busy we all need:) 

I certainly hope it isnt the 28th.... I am in Turkey and means I would have to take my laptop and find a decent wifi connection to VPN through my work PC. Pleeeeease be the 21st! But as its been said... that is Easter Sunday.... FML!! 

The only saving grace is that there is precedence for a quick resale... in 2016 the deadline was 7th and they resale was 14th Coach/17th General. But have a bad feeling its gonna be 28th for General resale. 

Edited by Havors

Probably been discussed before but what do people think the chances are of bagging a ticket in the resale compared to the initial sale? Still a large amount of our group without tickets who have become incredulous at the prospect of being on the farm and are running out of time to book the needed annual leave off...

Surely the higher upfront costs in the resale will unfortunately exclude a few people, and also mean that a large amount of people who get through will only be trying for single tickets over multiple?

Admittedly we're still trying to work out a way of paying if an individual gets through who doesn't have the minimum £1,000 in the bank. Quick phone call to an individual who does have the funds doesn't seem the most efficient of ways...

19 hours ago, Havors said:

I certainly hope it isnt the 28th.... I am in Turkey and means I would have to take my laptop and find a decent wifi connection to VPN through my work PC. Pleeeeease be the 21st! But as its been said... that is Easter Sunday.... FML!! 

The only saving grace is that there is precedence for a quick resale... in 2016 the deadline was 7th and they resale was 14th Coach/17th General. But have a bad feeling its gonna be 28th for General resale. 

I don’t think you’ll need to bother with the VPN back to the UK? No reason why you couldn’t buy straight from Turkey. The website is pretty simple so bandwidth shouldn’t be an issue.

I bought tickets for the Massive Attack gig in Bristol from my iPhone on a Turkish beach and they sold out in minutes. The 4G signal is everywhere. It may be simpler than you think!

Edited by t0paz

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Admittedly we're still trying to work out a way of paying if an individual gets through who doesn't have the minimum £1,000 in the bank. Quick phone call to an individual who does have the funds doesn't seem the most efficient of ways...

A suggestion: doesn’t matter whoever in the group gets through, they put as lead booker the one you have all agreed on, who has the funds, and use their card details. You can all pre-pay that person, or wait until successful and transfer the funds then.