Resale Club 2019

McCor

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

I’m afraid if last year is anything to go by the exact opposite happens. The less of them there is the more expensive they get. The last few were going for silly money last time around. If you’re really considering paying that amount out I’d go for it pretty much straight after the resale should you be unlucky. 

Which of course you won’t.

I will attempt to go for one the minute resale ends if I don't manage to bag one there. Once Xmas is out the way, i am going to start saving up. its going to cripple me but will be worth it.

4 hours ago, Armourman said:

Are these hospitality on sale now? Wouldn't mind checking it out

I am not sure they have been issued yet mate. I would be a bit hesitant in handing over cash just yet.

• Upvote 1

I can really sympathise with those who are waiting for the resale. We missed out in the first sale in 2017 and in the months until the resale we felt deflated and thought about it every day. If it’s any consolation it was an incredible sense of euphoria managing to get tickets in the April resale. Hope everyone on here has similar success. 

• Upvote 1

First post since we failed. First login to efests since t day. Nightmare. Wife and 3 adult daughters say we are going to Greek Island and phones in flight mode for Glastonbury weekend, but I’m feeling positive about resale. Not missed since 2005 and has to do the resale once in the interim.

Will try to read the other pages and see if this club has rules!!!

Just logging the browser back in felt like an achievement....

Cheers, NS

I feel 50/50 about it. Have done quite well to not think about it that much, although saw from friends the other day who had managed to get tickets which made me insanely jealous all over again!

I have succeeded in the resale before so I have no doubt I can do it again. I just need to trust enough friends who have pledged to help to actually do it...

Out of about 15 people who failed to get tickets, I have the following: 

two who have since got tickets through ‘other’ means  (which is me, tbf) 

7 who aren’t going for the resales, having decided to get up to other stuff 

2 definitely in for the resale 

4 undecided 

so I reckon that’s pretty decent odds if writ large for other big groups 

Edited by balti-pie

1 hour ago, Big durbs said:

Just throwing this one out there , what is the consensus on the swap from thatchers cider to mallets ( a local brew from Shepton Mallet ) .

i can’t say I have sampled the new brew , but I sure have sampled plenty of the thatchers gold , thus makes me rather nervous of the new brew .

has anyone sampled mallets?

look forward to your thoughts guys

there was a thread on this a day or two ago ... not sure how to quote threads but sure it can't be far away :) 

18 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Just throwing this one out there , what is the consensus on the swap from thatchers cider to mallets ( a local brew from Shepton Mallet ) .

i can’t say I have sampled the new brew , but I sure have sampled plenty of the thatchers gold , thus makes me rather nervous of the new brew .

has anyone sampled mallets?

look forward to your thoughts guys

My thoughts are it's a shame they haven't gotten rid of Carlsberg (which is terrible) and Somersby (which is even worse).

I very much doubt whether a couple of act announcements such as Stormzy or Kylie will stop people from having a go in the resale.

I think the majority of people are well aware there are several hundred other acts they can see who will appeal to them more than the above mentioned so ,unfortunately, wont be put off by the acts announced thus far.

I don't even like cider but I know wild horses wont stop me having a go for tickets in April!

3 hours ago, tumbles said:

Same people always say oh I'm glad I didn't get tickets when we get these annoucements. Probably the same folk who've never registered, always belive its a mudbath and that there is only one stage with 3 artists on it over the entire weekend!

...and long may they think like that....at least until after April that is.