Resale Club 2019

McCor

So rather unbelievably, of the 17 tickets we managed to get in October, I already know that three are definitely going back in and probably seven :wacko:

Firstly, on Thursday completely out of nowhere my housemate broke up with his extremely beautiful and awesome girlfriend. So she's heartbroken and doesn't want to come anymore as she doesn't know the rest of the crew (and is even thinking about moving back to Spain as a result). Then I went to visit some other Glasto crew members in Glasgow over the weekend, and found out that one of them is pregnant and it is due on the 3rd July! I think they basically must have become pregnant whilst celebrating  getting Glastonbury tickets..... So those two are definitely out, although I suppose broken hearts can heal by April so there is a chance that one might still be a goer

Added to this, the ongoing saga of the wedding clash means that my two closest Glasto friends are unlikely to come, which means their friend won't come as she doesn't know the rest of us....and if those two and the couple who are having the baby all don't come, I suspect that there will be one other who drops out as he doesn't know 9 of the remaining 10 people (I'm the only one he does know, and we very recently dated for a few months and haven't seen each other since, so I dunno, there is a chance that might have made things a bit too weird)

This is without anyone else getting pregnant, getting in a shit about the lineup or having any other number of crises that could happen between now and April. If every group has a nightmare like this, the resale will be a doddle!!!

52 minutes ago, Stu H said:

I'll be trying for tickets in April, but the wife and I are also trying for our second child - there'd be a certain irony if both ended up happening! 

Surely not trying both at exactly the same time in April? Mashing F5 with your one free hand. 

Afternoon all

just a quick one ( story of my life)

Anyone know of any websites that monitor other websites and alert you to any changes made to a webpage? 

I would do a bit of a google search but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it mentioned in here before. And I’m also a lazy git....

cheers all

2 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Afternoon all

Anyone know of any websites that monitor other websites and alert you to any changes made to a webpage? 

I would do a bit of a google search but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it mentioned in here before. And I’m also a lazy git....

cheers all

This is the best/quickest one, and will text you instantly on changes - it costs a fiver but funds this very site: https://www.checkpage.co.uk/

Edited by Brave Sir Robin
link
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, andyb66 said:

Afternoon all

cheers all

There is one run by @eFestivals which I believe is one of he best ? and I also believe it helps fund this site ... hopefully he will see the tag and point you in the right direction 

3 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Afternoon all

cheers all

edit ... too slow ... see above 

1 hour ago, ledwards said:

Anyone else considering alternative ways in before the resale?

I did think about maybe volunteering or something like that but decided it wasn't for me. The idea of taking time off work to go and work somewhere else just doesn't sit well with me. 

It's either a ticket in the resale or I won't be there. 

3 hours ago, ledwards said:

Checking in after a few weeks away. Volunteering applications open in January so that's giving me something to look forward too

Anyone else considering alternative ways in before the resale?

I am keeping my eyes on the stupidly priced hospitality tickets as a last resort.

Going to start saving after Xmas. I am even contemplating working Christmas and Boxing day to get the ball rolling.

2 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Sheesh.....I'd go for a grand or so but 2k is real last resort, squeaky bum, close your eyes and hit submit time.

It's stupid money mate but I am prepared to work Xmas and Boxing day to put it towards. I am far from rich but there is no way I am not going next year. When I am lay on my death bed, I will not think about the 2 grand I saved by sitting at home while my friends went to Glastonbury.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Edited by eastynh
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, eastynh said:

It's stupid money mate but I am prepared to work Xmas and Boxing day to put it towards. I am far from rich but there is no way I am not going next year. When I am lay on my death bed, I will not think about the 2 grand I saved by sitting at home while my friends went to Glastonbury.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Very true....will you have to commit before resale day...and would you be able to cancel if you got a resale ticket?

42 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Very true....will you have to commit before resale day...and would you be able to cancel if you got a resale ticket?

No mate, I am going to go for resale and then see what is left. I am hoping they may get a little cheaper the nearer the festival you leave it.

5 hours ago, eastynh said:

No mate, I am going to go for resale and then see what is left. I am hoping they may get a little cheaper the nearer the festival you leave it.

I’m afraid if last year is anything to go by the exact opposite happens. The less of them there is the more expensive they get. The last few were going for silly money last time around. If you’re really considering paying that amount out I’d go for it pretty much straight after the resale should you be unlucky. 

Which of course you won’t.

• Upvote 1