Resale Club 2019

McCor

4 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Do people get a tiny bit of info the day before or is it a case of waiting for the page to change and sounding the alarms on here? Being a local I never normally have to worry about this but here I am

No warnings, page checker alerts and being glued to here for alarm bells going off, oh and being very lucky, organised and ready to go when the time comes 

Edited by moheetoes

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

Do people get a tiny bit of info the day before or is it a case of waiting for the page to change and sounding the alarms on here? Being a local I never normally have to worry about this but here I am

With secret sales in the past there has been no prior warning. It just happened. Last year some of us were sat within spitting distance of our phones/laptops/tablets etc for 18 hours a day! Trust me when I say you really don’t want to be in that position.

My advice at this point would be to start the volunteering planning as a backup but get organised for The Resale.

Shaun.

Thought that not getting a ticket would be the worst thing ever. 

Seems I was wrong, one of our ticket group got mixed up and missed my other half out when booking the tickets.  I have a ticket and he doesn't.  We usually go with our 2 kids and he tows the caravan, I can't. Now we have to chance laying out for a campervan ticket next weekend in the hopes that he gets a ticket in the resale.  

I have considered going without him but not sure I could cope with the kids alone, plus pretty sure he would ever speak to me again if I did! 

What a bummer! 

14 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

With secret sales in the past there has been no prior warning. It just happened. Last year some of us were sat within spitting distance of our phones/laptops/tablets etc for 18 hours a day! Trust me when I say you really don’t want to be in that position.

My advice at this point would be to start the volunteering planning as a backup but get organised for The Resale.

Shaun.

Good lord. In others news a friend of a friend got a ticket yesterday on a whim but no longer wants it, they have asked if they can transfer the ticket to me...why even bloody try

Edited by Kalopsia

35 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

However the festival has clearly stated in the past that there would be no more sales, however a small secret sale happened anyway which was what gave people hope.

What was absolutely the worst thing was when See’s page changed and everybody was thinking ‘it’s fucking happening now’ only to get in and find it was campervan or WV tickets on sale.

Last year was the first time in recent years that there has been no secret sale so to state they are a thing of the past is maybe a little premature, as we know, there is no pattern so they could easily be one this time around or there could not.

I never want to go through that shit again though...

My colleagues are glad I got tickets this year after having to put up with me having a breakdown every time my phone buzzed last May/June.

Last year's lack of secret sale might have been an anomaly: good weather and the upcoming fallow year might have put people off cancelling last minute, cancelled tickets might have been absorbed by extra security after Manchester, who knows?

Anyway, we've still got the actual resale before then & you lot seem to be so organised I'm sure you'll get your tickets then.

1 minute ago, Simsy said:

My colleagues are glad I got tickets this year after having to put up with me having a breakdown every time my phone buzzed last May/June.

Last year's lack of secret sale might have been an anomaly: good weather and the upcoming fallow year might have put people off cancelling last minute, cancelled tickets might have been absorbed by extra security after Manchester, who knows?

Anyway, we've still got the actual resale before then & you lot seem to be so organised I'm sure you'll get your tickets then.

I might have already started my recruitment process, regarding the friends I choose to help after yesterday's shambles haha

33 minutes ago, Lou,LouC said:

Seems I was wrong, one of our ticket group got mixed up and missed my other half out when booking the tickets.  I have a ticket and he doesn't.  We usually go with our 2 kids and he tows the caravan, I can't. Now we have to chance laying out for a campervan ticket next weekend in the hopes that he gets a ticket in the resale.  

I have considered going without him but not sure I could cope with the kids alone, plus pretty sure he would ever speak to me again if I did! 

What a bummer! 

Wow... this is a dilemma up there with the best of them... I would say keep the faith and get that camper/caravan pass

How old are your children? Is there any other family/close friends that got tickets? 

1 hour ago, Lou,LouC said:

What a bummer! 

Not great news for your other half but it wouldn't be stretching reality for him to actually make it to the cv fields without a festival ticket in his possession. Any further and it would become an issue but at least the kids get looked after and he sees a bit of the festival, albeit from a distance.

3 hours ago, Meatball said:

Wow... this is a dilemma up there with the best of them... I would say keep the faith and get that camper/caravan pass

How old are your children? Is there any other family/close friends that got tickets? 

We're going to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best!  The kids are 7&9 however my son has autism and ADHD, he loves the festival and shouldn't be any bother but we need to keep a bit of a close eye on him, don't think I would manage alone! 

2 hours ago, Cooter said:

Not great news for your other half but it wouldn't be stretching reality for him to actually make it to the cv fields without a festival ticket in his possession. Any further and it would become an issue but at least the kids get looked after and he sees a bit of the festival, albeit from a distance.

Ha it gets worse... Wednesday 26th of June is his birthday..... not sure he would enjoy waving me and his mates off for 5 days of Glastonbury fun ... ☹️

21 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Let me share my ticket trauma.... we have a large group who were organised into our 5 groups of 6 and everyone was clear on the rules only stick to your group (or so we thought!)

Newbie person in my group (who was a sister of a regular) was 1st to get through, but she wasn't on the whatsapp group so didn't know how she was progressing. Another person in our group 4 and group 1 got through put all details in and they bounced back as 1 person in group 4 and 2 people in group 1 had already paid..

Turns out selfish newbie from my group bought her own ticket, her brothers and sister-in-laws only!!! which f**ked up two other groups.

If she had bought 6 like she was supposed too, the other 2 people that did get through early on could have got a further 6 each - basically 18 people could of gone instead of 3!! to add double insult I was in her group and if she had bought tickets from the group she was allocated I'd be going :(

Such selfish behaviour in which whole group was not impressed!! 

!!!! Why would she do this? If she was t happy with her group, why didn't she say so in plenty of time?? Do you think she even bothered having the spreadsheet Infront of her? ?

Did a short presentation to my team today on Glastonbury, tried not to promote it too much including videos of the mud in 2015.. 

It did however feel like salt in the wound having to talk about something I love knowing there's a chance I won't be able to go this year 

5 minutes ago, ledwards said:

Did a short presentation to my team today on Glastonbury, tried not to promote it too much including videos of the mud in 2015.. 

It did however feel like salt in the wound having to talk about something I love knowing there's a chance I won't be able to go this year 

Keep the faith..

There’s also a chance that you will go too

it’s not over until those gates open

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, MetaKate said:

I had a dream last night. It was the resale and I got through to the purchase page and realized I didn't know who's registrations I was supposed to be putting in. 

Happy to help when the resale comes around. 

I don't think sharing this dream is the best advert for your services?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

!!!! Why would she do this? If she was t happy with her group, why didn't she say so in plenty of time?? Do you think she even bothered having the spreadsheet Infront of her? ?

She'd be off the Christmas card list immediately!

On 10/21/2018 at 12:28 PM, shoptildrop said:

Let me share my ticket trauma.... we have a large group who were organised into our 5 groups of 6 and everyone was clear on the rules only stick to your group (or so we thought!)

Newbie person in my group (who was a sister of a regular) was 1st to get through, but she wasn't on the whatsapp group so didn't know how she was progressing. Another person in our group 4 and group 1 got through put all details in and they bounced back as 1 person in group 4 and 2 people in group 1 had already paid..

Turns out selfish newbie from my group bought her own ticket, her brothers and sister-in-laws only!!! which f**ked up two other groups.

If she had bought 6 like she was supposed too, the other 2 people that did get through early on could have got a further 6 each - basically 18 people could of gone instead of 3!! to add double insult I was in her group and if she had bought tickets from the group she was allocated I'd be going :(

Such selfish behaviour in which whole group was not impressed!! 

That is actually the most selfish thing I've EVER heard when it comes to T-Day. Best thing you can do is pay her local postman to burn her tickets. 

2 minutes ago, ledwards said:

That is actually the most selfish thing I've EVER heard when it comes to T-Day. Best thing you can do is pay her local postman to burn her tickets. 

That is the most evil and vindictive idea I think I’ve ever heard..

Pretty gutted I didn’t think of that!!

• Like 1

I've been a victim of the crossed-streams... There's at least one more ticket back in the pot for resale.

It looks like one of the groups we were running on main Sunday sale had my old registration number with a 2010 picture (I messed up updating it and ended up with a new registration number that I sent out to everyone and someone forgot to update their list). We normally settle up in cash when we meet up for Xmas so no-one had asked me for £50.

I got the dreaded "Your Glastonbury ticket has been cancelled" email from Seetickets at the weekend. With CV tickets going on sale Saturday I now need to see which booking is still valid, if any, and try to find out what went wrong so it doesn't re-occur next Saturday.

Hopefully this doesn't mean I'm now stuck with an April resale.

5 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

I've been a victim of the crossed-streams... There's at least one more ticket back in the pot for resale.

It looks like one of the groups we were running on main Sunday sale had my old registration number with a 2010 picture (I messed up updating it and ended up with a new registration number that I sent out to everyone and someone forgot to update their list). We normally settle up in cash when we meet up for Xmas so no-one had asked me for £50.

I got the dreaded "Your Glastonbury ticket has been cancelled" email from Seetickets at the weekend. With CV tickets going on sale Saturday I now need to see which booking is still valid, if any, and try to find out what went wrong so it doesn't re-occur next Saturday.

Hopefully this doesn't mean I'm now stuck with an April resale.

Wait so your booking was cancelled because your photo was from 2010??

7 minutes ago, ledwards said:

Wait so your booking was cancelled because your photo was from 2010??

No because two tickets were purchased for the same postcode & email address using different registration numbers - because someone forgot to update their spreadsheet for T-Day....

4 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

No because two tickets were purchased for the same postcode & email address using different registration numbers - because someone forgot to update their spreadsheet for T-Day....

Oh I see! That's a sticky situation to be in :( Are you able to phone seetickets? Interesting that they're doing these checks especially as there is probably people who tried in both main sale and coach with separate registrations to double their chances.

Yours is a completely innocent mistake though - they'll for sure be understanding about it. Keep us updated?