Resale Club 2019

McCor

Last year there were a few short re-sales of CV tickets mainly for Bath & West with a few for east CV (didn't spot any for west CV). But they didn't last long so it'll be very hit-n-miss if you need one.

Better to get someone in your group to snag a spare in main cv sale (But you'll have to turn up together).

4 hours ago, johnngypsy said:

Do you know who's running the bar volunteers next year? I volunteered with Shelter on the bar in 2015 but can't seem to find too much info on it!

I don't know any more than anyone else on here - and I wouldn't be surprised if not all the contracts are confirmed yet - but in 2017 the main options would have been WBC, Shelter, and Refresh West. My guess would be that it'll most likely be the same groups next year.

4 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Now. This time last week what was I doing???

Oh yes that’s it.. I was walking around my house shouting out f*** p*** sh1t and bollox!

Morning all....

It’s not getting any easier... one week on and I still don’t know if it’s really sunk in 

6 minutes ago, Meatball said:

It’s not getting any easier... one week on and I still don’t know if it’s really sunk in 

12 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Now. This time last week what was I doing???

Oh yes that’s it.. I was walking around my house shouting out f*** p*** sh1t and bollox!

Morning all....

It still hurts. 

10 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

A question as well do you buy all the tickets in the resale or is it a deposit then pay a balance like the main sale

Full payment is necessary in the April resale. From info provided a ticket will cost £253 (inc booking fee). You will also need to add postage (usually £7.50) and if you want to go by car a car park pass is requiredwhich costs £45.

As a guide the funds required on resale day by are:

For a single person booking with car:   £305.50

For a 2 person booking with 1 car:  £558.50  (£279.25 per person)

For a 3 person booking with 1 car:  £811.50  (£270.50 per person)

For a 4 person booking with  1 car:  £1064.50 (£266.13 per person)

For a 5 person booking with 1 car: £1317.50 (£263.50 per person)

For a 6 person booking with 1 car: £1570.50 (£261.25 per person)

Get saving folks!!   And good luck

3 hours ago, jewboots said:

31 years is a mammoth run - amazing! Fingers crossed for re-sale.

Yes, I've been incredibly lucky, every year I've managed to get there somehow and never jumped the fence. I've always bought a ticket of some description.

Anyway, rightly or wrongly it's become quite a big thing in my life so heres hoping for April to bring good news for everybody x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Lycra said:

Full payment is necessary in the April resale. From info provided a ticket will cost £253 (inc booking fee). You will also need to add postage (usually £7.50) and if you want to go by car a car park pass is requiredwhich costs £45.

Unless I'm mistaken the max you can book on resale day is four. Great post otherwise.

4 hours ago, Lycra said:

maybe this can get spread about ... might put off some waverers :) 

18 hours ago, Radi0Head said:

@incident 

hey you seem to know a lot about volunteering/working out of interests who’d you recommend as the best to go with?

Impossible to give a definitive answer as there's so much personal preference involved, for example I'd absolutely hate working on a bar or litter picking but others love it.

But generally speaking - I have huge issues with / would never work for Festaff due to some of their policies specifically holding your passport, and charging people an "admin fee" when they're already getting paid by the Festival for your work (and unlike most groups it's not even like the money is going to charity). But honestly, purely in terms of roles Wristbanding seems to be about the easiest and has largely front loaded and day time shifts so you're unlikely to miss much music or be stood there overnight.

So yeah, if someone else (MyCause?) gets the wristbanding contract this year then them. If they keep the contract and the things I mentioned don't bother you then Festaff. Otherwise pick a company based on which role you want to do.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Field of Avalon said:

Fuck it. Starting to get over the fact I lucked out last Sunday and my daughter decided she wanted this very Pyramid Stage looking bag of mixed rice and veg for tea. Brings it all back now 

IMG_20181014_195231.jpg

The little scamp has no idea what she's gone and done.....