Resale Club 2019

McCor

1 hour ago, McCor said:

I gleefully listening to Fleetwood Mac without a single care in the world after today’s rumours! 

Debut, 1968 if anyone cares....

Fleetwood Mac

Rumours

I saw what you did there!!

8 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Fleetwood Mac

Rumours

I saw what you did there!!

Total coincidence :) 

But in all seriousness, I hope The Cure are announced first. Bound to lead to a lot of drop outs from those who aren’t familiar with them...

49 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’ve struggled to listen to music this week, makes me think of Glasto. I’m silly I know.

I'm the same to be honest! Casually listening to the radio when a song or artist comes on that I've seen at Glasto before. 
TalkSport only from now on to avoid such issues!

5 minutes ago, McCor said:

Total coincidence :) 

But in all seriousness, I hope The Cure are announced first. Bound to lead to a lot of drop outs from those who aren’t familiar with them...

I agree that having a headliner such as The Cure confirmed first and before balance week is the best we can hope for. It will be an absolute nightmare if they confirm a few huge acts.

13 hours ago, McCor said:

not sure it quite works like that. For all the while at least one headliner isn't announced, people like that are likely to be hoping 'their' band is one of those not yet announced.

17 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

not sure it quite works like that. For all the while at least one headliner isn't announced, people like that are likely to be hoping 'their' band is one of those not yet announced.

Can we make up some truly awful headline rumours and talk about them in detail in threads before listing them as SR, so they are inevitably picked up by Somerset Live and the like? And then another thread talking about how Glastonbury is ALL about the headliners. That might work!

Not sure what the three least inspiring headliners would be though....

I guess also the likes of Boomtown dropping an ace lineup might also help!

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Can we make up some truly awful headline rumours and talk about them in detail in threads before listing them as SR, so they are inevitably picked up by Somerset Live and the like? And then another thread talking about how Glastonbury is ALL about the headliners. That might work!

Not sure what the three least inspiring headliners would be though....

I guess also the likes of Boomtown dropping an ace lineup might also help!

i tried starting a whitney houston rumour one year. Sadly, no one bit. :lol: 

14 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I'm the same to be honest! Casually listening to the radio when a song or artist comes on that I've seen at Glasto before. 
TalkSport only from now on to avoid such issues!

Ha nothing like a Talk Sport DJ winding up football fans to take your mind off things!

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

on this do the festival ever say things that protect the bookings for example falsely ruling people out ? and they appear later ?

the only time that I know of where Emily ruled someone out who then did play the festival was with Stevie Wonder.

I asked Emily about it. She was horrified that people might think she'd bullshitted, and said Stevie Wonder wasn't in the frame at the time* she'd said he wasn't playing.
(* very early in January).

In my experience Emily has always been honest and open with me, so i accept her word that that's how it was. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

the only time that I know of where Emily ruled someone out who then did play the festival was with Stevie Wonder.

I asked Emily about it. She was horrified that people might think she'd bullshitted, and said Stevie Wonder wasn't in the frame at the time* she'd said he wasn't playing.
(* very early in January).

In my experience Emily has always been honest and open with me, so i accept her word that that's how it was. 

I have a lot of love for Emily & Michael. No bullshit with them. 

Why anyone would want to spend 5 days traipsing around in mud spending extortionate amounts to eat food with your fingers in the rain is beyond me when you can get 5 days in the sunny Algarve for the same cost.

And no-one will p*ss on your tent there either.

Tell all bucket-listers you know.....daily....

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Yeah I think whoever drops someone favourite will always be the next one. Even The 1975...huge following now so that wouldn't help...The Cure are showing atm they've got a popular crowd around them.

14 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Why anyone would want to spend 5 days traipsing around in mud spending extortionate amounts to eat food with your fingers in the rain is beyond me when you can get 5 days in the sunny Algarve for the same cost.

And no-one will p*ss on your tent there either.

Tell all bucket-listers you know.....daily....

Take a look at that rain from last years glasto. Absolutely pissing down!

4CF59740-7201-40C8-BE70-94B93DCD781C.jpeg

19 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yeah I think whoever drops someone favourite will always be the next one. Even The 1975...huge following now so that wouldn't help...The Cure are showing atm they've got a popular crowd around them.

I was thinking more about this crowd dropping out... When The Charlatans opened The Other Stage a few years ago, I heard someone tell their mates Tim Burgess was the old lead singer of The Stone Roses...

1F165686-D57C-470B-BA1D-84F8768ADA5B.jpeg

Edited by McCor
  • Upvote 1