Resale Club 2019

McCor

5 minutes ago, Moon Calhoon said:

Hi all. Sadly checking in to resale club.

My Daughter and I went in 2017 for her 18th birthday, it was our first time.

Entering through those gates on that scorching hot Wednesday afternoon  everything kinda changed. 

Our first glimpse of The Pyramid had us cheering and hugging. We marvelled at all the mystical landmarks we had only previously seen on TV.  

That evening on the hill as the sun set we had never been happier.  Glastonbury had hit us hard.  We had the time of our lives. We vowed to return every year forever.

Sunday morning didn't half bugger all that up.  My Daughter had to drag me off the four devices I was still refreshing around lunchtime. 

Any advice or help to return us to the Farm next year will be repaid with a hundred blessings. And Thatchers.

I was the same . Went for the first time in 2016 and vowed to go back every year until. That was every year until the next year when I didn’t get a bloody ticket!

thankfully my kids have no interest in going with me on the basis they think I’ll get hammered and spend 5 days doing stupid things.

They are of course correct..

On 10/9/2018 at 6:35 PM, Westy2508 said:

Hi all -- signing in and applying for membership of the resale club! Long time lurker, first time poster (apparently I made this account back in 2013 so better late than never!). Been successful as a group of 2 in our three previous attempts in 2014, 2016, and 2017 but no luck on Thursday or Sunday. Did get an enter reg page on Sun but it wouldn't progress any further and eventually kicked us out after a painful 10 mins of pressing back and then proceed.

Good vibes and a steady diet of twixes and water over the next 6 months will see us all to the farm in June. We can do this!

I had the very same experience as this ^^ and I've been an avid member of this thread ever since! >_< 
#twixandwater

I didn't get tickets in 2014 so went down the volunteering path, it was OK.  Meant you got access to the fest sight on the Monday/Tuesday, seeing the Pyramid stage with no one else around was pretty cool. 
Shifts did get in the way though, there was no getting around that!  I'd definitely rather be going as a punter. 

There are only two of us trying for tickets so I've requested access to the Google doc. - we could use as much help as possible! ?

Hearing others' success stories in the resale has given me hope.  
Maybe we could have a Resale club party when we all get there - I'll buy the ciders. ?

1 minute ago, andyb66 said:

I was the same . Went for the first time in 2016 and vowed to go back every year until. That was every year until the next year when I didn’t get a bloody ticket!

thankfully my kids have no interest in going with me on the basis they think I’ll get hammered and spend 5 days doing stupid things.

They are of course correct..

Ha ha.  Thankfully my daughter has no issues with me acting the arse for 5 days. I've been on longer streaks. In fact she's become pretty adept at out arseing me.

Hope to see you next year mate. 

4 minutes ago, Moon Calhoon said:

Ha ha.  Thankfully my daughter has no issues with me acting the arse for 5 days. I've been on longer streaks. In fact she's become pretty adept at out arseing me.

Hope to see you next year mate. 

Fingers crossed!

On 10/10/2018 at 2:23 PM, ledwards said:

Same. If i was buying for someone on here I would pay for it myself on creditcard in trust they'd repay as long as I had them on facebook/phone number

I wonder if I could cancel the payment if they didn't? 

You can still cancel until a date in May.  Same terms as today so you loose a little for a deposit.

14 minutes ago, Peroni said:

You can still cancel until a date in May.  Same terms as today so you loose a little for a deposit.

Do you know how this would work? If I were to book my own  tickets and 2 other strangers off of the spreadsheet if I didn't get a payment transferred across to me after how would I then cancel and get the money back, on the seetickets website? 

1 minute ago, Igster said:

Do you know how this would work? If I were to book my own  tickets and 2 other strangers off of the spreadsheet if I didn't get a payment transferred across to me after how would I then cancel and get the money back, on the seetickets website? 

As the lead Booker you have the power. I'd ring see tickets to make sure it's done correctly.  But you'd just advise which reg No s you want to cancel.  This would be before they are printed and sent out.  

I almost did this for one of my lot a few years back.  She spent the morning of the resale saying she had the money for anyone to get her a ticket...  after I was successful she messaged to say could she pay £1 a week....?

Checking in to the resale club. I've been successful for 2008 - 2016 in the initial sale, last year missed out in the main sale but a friend managed to get me one in the April resale.

I'm handling it a lot better than last time, everything is ok until I go to bed, then it starts playing on my mind as I'm trying to get to sleep.

Still, there's people kept up at night by real problems so if not getting a Glastonbury ticket is my biggest worry then I should be thankful.

58 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

You should have gone inside. It was great.

I got as close as I could, but I wanted to see them play at Glasto with friends and they didn’t want to go in any further.

the atmosphere where I was immense, I can only imagine them headlining again 

Edited by Ozanne

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I got as close as I could, but I wanted to see them play at Glasto with friends and they didn’t want to go in any further.

the atmosphere where I was immense, I can only imagine them headlining again 

I always want to go In further.

But that is a totally different story!!

21 hours ago, Zacko said:

And the guy at the end is like "I've gotta play football in 12 hours"!?!...Sorry but if you're in a fit state to play football after Glastonbury you haven't done it right.

Pillocks. 

Also, spreadsheet is a wonderful idea - is it ok to add deets at a later date? Once I've worked out which of my mates have quit and won't be trying (hopefully all of them so there's more chance of me getting a ticket, bastards) 

Come back, Stella and Selina - Glastonbury virgins - all is forgiven!

23 minutes ago, Igster said:

I think there is several ways it could be done. It’s dependant on the helper

44 minutes ago, NaturalWine said:

I think there is several ways it could be done. It’s dependant on the helper

Agreed, especially given it’s the full ticket price. To be honest, I think See and The Festival would not get involved in any disputes.

1 minute ago, McCor said:

If you get someone’s ticket and they don’t pay you the money for example.

I agree, they would not get involved. If someone got my tickets I would pay as soon as I received a conformation. I would even give them my email address to even cancel the booking if I didn’t pay within 10 days of recieving the confirmation 

5 minutes ago, NaturalWine said:

I agree, they would not get involved. If someone got my tickets I would pay as soon as I received a conformation. I would even give them my email address to even cancel the booking if I didn’t pay within 10 days of recieving the confirmation 

Yeah, exactly! Wouldn’t think twice about it. Unfortunately I think people have been screwed over before.

20 minutes ago, NaturalWine said:

Me too, I’d feel really anxious and want to make sure they got the money ASAP. 

Shame some people will set out to screw people over in that way.