Resale Club 2019

McCor

1 minute ago, LaurenEdwards93 said:

I really hope we keep this thread alive for the next 6 months :) I can't bear to look at any of the other threads, headliners etc..

Yeah, I need a break from The Others for the time being....

I never thought I’d crave something as badly as I’m craving a ticket. I never imagined it would come to this!

Only thing I crave as much is 7 pints and a curry on a Friday night and possibly a bit of rough and tumble with the lovely Mrs B.

And yes she is a lucky lady!

3 minutes ago, Lakey91 said:

Thanks. Gonna be interesting deciding which 2 friends to drop. ?

We had the same problem. There’s 5 of us.

They decided in my absence to drop me!

Cheers lads!!

10 minutes ago, Igster said:

Same I didn't think I would be this bad after failing to get tickets on Sunday.

Always thinking should I of refreshed faster or used more devices or was I refreshing too fast in the first place and got blocked I don't know. 

Am having that too. I had one browser that was displaying the holding screen. The other three browsers were just blank. It kept refreshing instantly, so I kept pressing f5, I'm sure I was just seeing the 'ghost' screen now. I  know i blew it and that makes it worse.  

I wonder whether this is also why so many old pro's missed out this year? I suspect the number of newbies being successful compared to previous years is higher this time. So what do we do next time? One machine per IP address, one browser, one tab and a strict sub 60 refreshes per minute? Or is that too much? God i hate this. 

In a way I’m quite lucky. Aside from being handsome , suave and the funniest bloke alive pretty much every person I know ( all 3 of them) who were going for tickets not one single person came up trumps.

So  at least don’t have to listen to tales of ‘ what do I pack.... what time shall we leave.. what bands shall we see etc...’

So that’s nice ..

Hi All,

Still not over Sunday's results 7 People trying, 1 got through but couldn't get pass putting in reg details, kicked her out and then got sold out sign so none of us got (First time for me)

But got ticket last year in resale so remaining hopeful and positive for April. all we can do at this point :)

16 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

It’s 4

Shit. I'd forgotten that. It splits the numbers trying for us drastically. My group of currently includes my 3 mates plus two of my daughters friends. She has at least 15 of their friends lined up to try for our group based on it being 6 still. 

Oh crap. Are we 100% sure on that? 

1 minute ago, smudger said:

Shit. I'd forgotten that. It splits the numbers trying for us drastically. My group of currently includes my 3 mates plus two of my daughters friends. She has at least 15 of their friends lined up to try for our group based on it being 6 still. 

Oh crap. Are we 100% sure on that? 

Totally and utterly sure

probably

possibly

maybe

theres a very good chance that I’m possibly right

hope this helps 

? 

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

it's set to check every 5 seconds, although the way it works means it's really nearer ten.

When I get a moment I'll see if I can really make it every 5.

I've now improved the timings, so it's definitely reading the page every 5 seconds (subject to not getting held up due to trouble retrieving page, etc, etc).

29 minutes ago, smudger said:

Am having that too. I had one browser that was displaying the holding screen. The other three browsers were just blank. It kept refreshing instantly, so I kept pressing f5, I'm sure I was just seeing the 'ghost' screen now. I  know i blew it and that makes it worse.  

I wonder whether this is also why so many old pro's missed out this year? I suspect the number of newbies being successful compared to previous years is higher this time. So what do we do next time? One machine per IP address, one browser, one tab and a strict sub 60 refreshes per minute? Or is that too much? God i hate this. 

So they have manged to block users from pressing refresh too quickly or using auto refresh tools? I only got one browsers at a time working for sure on 3 computers. 

Edited by NaturalWine

5 minutes ago, Igster said:

Is there anyway see tickets can tell whether you have an auto refresh extension on your browser refreshing your page vs manually doing it? 

I don't think so - a friend got through 3x with a browser refresh extension this time round

As long as its not going over 60 refreshes per minute

I had the holding page page up from the off and I refreshed solidly until the sold out message came up. Didn't get a white screen at all just the holding page.  I refreshed (f5) waited for the page to reload (which was almost instantly, one or two occasions when the round arrow was spinning for  a few seconds which gives you that false sense of "here we go").  Couldn't say for sure that I didn't exceed the 60 times per minute level (has this been definitley confirmed as a thing?) but wasn't hammering continously.

feel a bit better today but really taken aback as to how disappointed i feel.

Can anyone remember what day the resale usually is - is it the Thursday/Sunday split again?

Just started looking at efests again after the sale & came across this thread.

I got to the final page, entered my card details & the page wouldn't let me click 'buy ticket', absolutely DEVASTATED to be possibly missing out next year!

Has anyone had any experience with volunteering/working? Do the shifts get in the way of much of the fri-sun?

6 minutes ago, LaurenEdwards93 said:

I don't think so - a friend got through 3x with a browser refresh extension this time round

That's good to hear, I was afraid of using one on Sunday just in case of being blocked, might be able to have one or two more devices next time around without manually having to refresh them all. I think maybe setting a 1.5 to 2 second rate could be enough to avoid going anywhere near 60 times a minute. Only thing is then trying to stop it in time if it does get through to the reg page before refreshing again and losing the slot. 

2 minutes ago, LaurenEdwards93 said:

It’s crazy that they have even put a limit on it. Although I have never refreshed that fast in the past. correct timing is the hope. 

I was only searching for tips this year as  typing the Reg codes in shits me up as I’m too slow to have numbers shouted at me and then type them. Predictive text is what I found from here. I did notice that one of the main advices from journalist articles was loads of devices.