Resale Club 2019

McCor

This thread is great. Still so gutted about Sunday's result. I usually know loads of people going but I haven't come across anyone in my network that was successful (yet). 

I'd like to be involved with the resale sheet - it's a great idea for everyone to help each other. Requested access... :)

I don't think it's sunk in that I have to wait 6 months to find out if I can go or not! I'm still reading Glastonbury news as if T-Day never happened.

Ha me too, I’m still reading stuff about it. I’m a glutton for punishment.

Who’s the one headliner that if they were announced would kill you as you haven’t got tickets? Mine would be The Killers, it’s my dream to see them headline the Pyramid Stage, and to miss it would crush me. 

1 hour ago, Logan1996 said:

ah great , person in my work is going. Said today that he's not really sure if he's gonna go as its not really his thing , I had to grit out a smile and just walk away 

Surely they knew if it was ‘ their thing ‘ before they went online and took up the  slot of someone who knew it was their thing. Inconsiderate twat!!

17 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Who’s the one headliner that if they were announced would kill you as you haven’t got tickets? Mine would be The Killers, it’s my dream to see them headline the Pyramid Stage, and to miss it would crush me. 

Got to be Fleetwood Mac. 

21 minutes ago, DropBeat said:

This thread is great. Still so gutted about Sunday's result. I usually know loads of people going but I haven't come across anyone in my network that was successful (yet). 

I'd like to be involved with the resale sheet - it's a great idea for everyone to help each other. Requested access... :)

I don't think it's sunk in that I have to wait 6 months to find out if I can go or not! I'm still reading Glastonbury news as if T-Day never happened.

I don’t want to wish it away. Been in this situation before, can’t remember what I did .

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I wouldn’t give a toss if the headline act was a collaboration of  S club and Steps! It would still be epic!! 

I do have a thing for H mind you....

So I’ve used this site for years but only just activated an account I made ages ago. Can anyone recommend an app that monitors websites for changes? Pretty sure that’s a thing but am borderline technologically illiterate...... I’m sure I read someone along those lines on here a few years back

3 hours ago, Kashkin said:

That's basically what actually happened to us in the main sale. Got through very early in the process, it failed at the payment stage, and then 20 minutes later got through again and our registrations could not be used - they were somehow blocked by the initial failed attempt. The stuff of nightmares.

this is seriously terrifying! Did this used to happen? It never used to feel so complicated!

16 minutes ago, mattD said:

So I’ve used this site for years but only just activated an account I made ages ago. Can anyone recommend an app that monitors websites for changes? Pretty sure that’s a thing but am borderline technologically illiterate...... I’m sure I read someone along those lines on here a few years back

I’d like something like this too!

25 minutes ago, Miathedog said:

this is seriously terrifying! Did this used to happen? It never used to feel so complicated!

Never happened before in my experience. We've had the thing before of the payment page crashing, but then you were usually able to just go back and try again, and even if it didn't work it never borked the registrations for the rest of the sale. 

18 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Have requested access!

Funnily enough, one mate has just left the Glasto group chat we have - no room for the weak.

It didn’t like your email address either pal

Edited by McCor

2 hours ago, Ozanne said:

Killers or Arctic Monkey's ?

10 hours ago, NaturalWine said:

Excellent, my little girls birthday falls on the Glastonbury weekend. I had a ticket for 2016 but gave it back to the resale pot once I realised her due date. She was born Sunday morning, I was getting phone calls & texts from mates that were watching Adele preform . They FaceTimed me while there that Sunday morning was a great choice not to go that year as I was going to risk it.

if Glastonbury continue to have the date after summer solstice her birthday will continually fall during the festival. I would happily take her next year, but am wanting to save it for 2020. I’m might just brave it if I get resale tickets and take her. 

Fantastic story. You definitely made the right call, although I think they have a delivery sweet at the festival. That would have been epic!

My daughter's birthday is the 28th June which is Glastonbury Friday next year. Based on previous years it is highly likely her birthdays will get caught up in Glastonbury festivals.

I'm distraught that we missed out as my partner had finally given me the green light to take her. Praying for resales!!

Ironically enough Lucy arrived three weeks early!!

5 hours ago, Ozanne said:

For me in 2016 it was LCD Soundsystem. I'd only got into them during their hiatus, so was absolutely desperate to be there. I even sent Al Doyle a despairing tweet about not having a Glastonbury ticket.

Fast forward to Thursday night at Glastonbury, I'm at a DJ set Doyle's doing at the Crows Nest, show him the tweet I'd sent, say "BUT I MADE IT!", and he reaches over to give me the biggest hug. He gets it. Then LCD put in that legendary showing on the Sunday.

If you want something to happen strongly enough, it actually will happen!! Keep the faith, friends.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, mattD said:

one option is https://www.checkpage.co.uk. It's run by me. 

It costs a fiver a month including 40 texts because it alerts by text to your mobile (and the texts aren't free) as well as by email, and has been plenty good enough for loads of people to have got tickets in the secret sales in previous years (when there's been secret sales).

It also helps fund this website.

Edited by eFestivals

5 hours ago, Simpo said:

For me in 2016 it was LCD Soundsystem. I'd only got into them during their hiatus, so was absolutely desperate to be there. I even sent Al Doyle a despairing tweet about not having a Glastonbury ticket.

Fast forward to Thursday night at Glastonbury, I'm at a DJ set Doyle's doing at the Crows Nest, show him the tweet I'd sent, say "BUT I MADE IT!", and he reaches over to give me the biggest hug. He gets it. Then LCD put in that legendary showing on the Sunday.

If you want something to happen strongly enough, it actually will happen!! Keep the faith, friends.

That’s lovely ?

Maybe not getting a ticket in the main sale will eventually be a blessing, it helps me get to know you guys in here after all.