Resale Club 2019

McCor

17 minutes ago, NaturalWine said:

That’s a great photo

Thanks.

Strangely, all the info staff in the background were laughing and giggling at Michaels photo fame. Selfie requests with the boss were somewhat of a rarity back then. Even Jean (his wife at the time, sadly passed away) sitting in the Land Rover was laughing. I've met him 3 times since, had brief 30 second chats about the weather and what issues were going on and every time he made the effort to ask my name and where I'm from. The last time to my surprise he said fondly that he remembered me. What a nice bloke he is.

Anyway, back on track...resales and sadness....

Edited by Cooter

I've no idea how this would work (payment etc) but I'm happy to help out in the resale assuming I'm not out of pocket. Will confirm nearer the time to make sure I'm not away. Don't expect me to go after large blocks of tickets though - couldn't cope with the stress :)

29 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

7664 people have viewed this thread, I reckon about 10% of tickets go back in the pot, so a good 10k or more.

So if the rest of the general population who don’t go on efests would just fuck off we’re all sorted guys.

So new plan! Now all we need to do is work out how to get rid of them and we're sorted! Brilliant!! ?

26 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

7664 people have viewed this thread, I reckon about 10% of tickets go back in the pot, so a good 10k or more.

So if the rest of the general population who don’t go on efests would just fuck off we’re all sorted guys.

That seems like a lot ? Is that definitely unique users, it wouldn't count repeat views?

6 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

So new plan! Now all we need to do is work out how to get rid of them and we're sorted! Brilliant!! ?

Could we get efests shut down? Or at the very least stop people looking at the site..

We could start a rumour about the website being infected by a truly horrendous virus? And what this virus does is , if you connect to the website, it’s then able to find your worst school photos, you know the ones where you have the shittiest haircut imaginable and the most pitiful clothes ever made , and it forwards the photos onto everyone in your address book.

That should  do it!!

22 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Could we get efests shut down? Or at the very least stop people looking at the site..

We could start a rumour about the website being infected by a truly horrendous virus? And what this virus does is , if you connect to the website, it’s then able to find your worst school photos, you know the ones where you have the shittiest haircut imaginable and the most pitiful clothes ever made , and it forwards the photos onto everyone in your address book.

That should  do it!!

Brilliant!! Lets get to work! No time like the present!!

20 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

And just to add my school photos are absolutely shocking! 

My mum actually let me go out with that haircut!? She must have hated me..

Has she warmed to you now? Or is it still a touchy subject ???

10 hours ago, bellboy said:

It pains me to say this but - can I join please!!!!???

Never missed out on a Sunday ticket day before (every one since 2009) and I'm still feeling crap (also one of the payment screen crash victime).  Feels like I've lost an old friend.  Hopefully we will be reunited come April.  One thing that is the most worrying is that there are 5 of us who regularly go and the resale is only usually for 4.

To make matters worse my wife suggested that maybe we could try Latitude instead - aaaaaaaaarrrrghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

Feel your pain mate. Checked my bank account twice yesterday just in case the payment did go through before the crash. I would never have taken more delight to see my account £300 lighter. The silver lining is we all do have another chance. Tried Latitude for a day this year, nice festival spoiled by the sterile crowd.

6 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Brilliant!! Lets get to work! No time like the present!!

Has she warmed to you now? Or is it still a touchy subject ???

Warmed slightly but I have an older brother and my mum still from time to time says ‘ if i’d have been her first i’d have been her last’ . Apparently I was a bit of a shit as a child. I’m sure she doesn’t mean it...

eerrrrmm..

12 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

Having secured our groups tickets does anyone need assistance in April?

Thanks @Penrhosany help would be massively appreciated for my now 2 groups, and with the worryingly growing numbers in here, I’m sure all offers of help for anyone in here will be gratefully received.

I can’t remember a year when there has been so many regulars missing out and of course the people who have been in this situation for a couple of years.

sorry to see you in here again @andyb66, missed your witty banter 

7 minutes ago, moheetoes said:

Thanks @Penrhosany help would be massively appreciated for my now 2 groups, and with the worryingly growing numbers in here, I’m sure all offers of help for anyone in here will be gratefully received.

I can’t remember a year when there has been so many regulars missing out and of course the people who have been in this situation for a couple of years.

sorry to see you in here again @andyb66, missed your witty banter 

Hi @moheetoes . Can’t get rid of me. Wild horses couldn’t keep me away from here. Well that and the fact I missed out on tickets yet again.

I thought it would be slightly less painful second time around. But it’s not. It hurts. Hurts almost as much as the time when I was playing football at school on a cold January morning and I copped the ball in my toilet area from point blank range. Brought tears to my eyes! 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Supreme2 said:

A few questions, does Oxfam volunteering open before or after the resale? Also does the volunteering sell out just as fast or is it quite easy to obtain?

Most likely early or mid March, so before. Odds are it'll shift very quickly - it has done in previous years, they refined the system this year to make it (much) quicker and easier to apply and it sounds like there's increased interest this time around. In past years they've not given a precise time for applications opening, just a vague "sometime on thursday" (or whichever day), in order to try and protect the site from being hit all at once.

Cant remember how this works ...do registration details for everyone get posted nearer the time and then get deleted as they are  purchased ? can this be done in an organised / techy way ? Ive one group to get but would like to help should they get sorted early on ... and are there any groups of 4 efest members out there ? 

13 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Cant remember how this works ...do registration details for everyone get posted nearer the time and then get deleted as they are  purchased ? can this be done in an organised / techy way ? Ive one group to get but would like to help should they get sorted early on ... and are there any groups of 4 efest members out there ? 

Certainly open to suggestions on this. Given the full balance will be required for payment etc