Resale Club 2019

McCor

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I never really try for the coach sake but come April I’m giving that a full go.

i understand your point brettredmayne, that’s a tough call. I hope your Mum will be ok. 

Thanks , I think I have till a day I. may to get a refund minus the £20 so will be worth trying 

5 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

If I get coach I won't try in the main sale , don't want to take some ones else tickets. Just feeling coach may give me a greater chance .

Just with my mum been ill it limits my options if I had to get back home.

if it were me i'd take the risk of only going for a standard ticket with my car but that's because i'm an anxious person, haha. it's obviously not ideal, but maybe as a backup, if you do get a coach ticket, you could put aside however much an emergency train ticket would cost? then you'd have peace of mind knowing if you needed to leave the site you at least wouldn't be scraping around for a last-minute train ticket as well ?

Checking in as a broken human!

Bagged tickets once in 2016 but other than that I have failed every year since 2011 (including resales -poor form!) 

This winter may be long and cold for us all, however, We got this!

1 minute ago, ConorC said:

Resale club here.

I didn't actually realise there was a separate coach resale, is that right? Is it usually on the Thurs before the main one, same as the first sale?

Will definitely be trying in both if this is the case.

Correct! limited to 2 persons, though

1 minute ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Is the resale 4 per person? Going to be tough for my group of six if so.

I’ve only ever been trying for the odd ticket in the resale before.

Yeah general tickets are limited to 4

59 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Is the resale 4 per person? Going to be tough for my group of six if so.

I’ve only ever been trying for the odd ticket in the resale before.

Yep - we're doing 2 in the coach and 4 in the resale for our 6. Would you consider that?

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I can’t shift the glum feeling, how long does this last for?

It’s such a weird feeling, I hope everyone else is feeling a bit better than I am. This is making me feel for driven to go though.

I know this sounds melodramatic but it does feel a bit like being dumped, or some other situation where you have received really bad news. You might at times get distracted and temporarily forget the bad thing, but soon enough it comes back to you. It's always there in the background, and it's the first thing that comes to mind when you wake up.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

I know this sounds melodramatic but it does feel a bit like being dumped, or some other situation where you have received really bad news. You might at times get distracted and temporarily forget the bad thing, but soon enough it comes back to you. It's always there in the background, and it's the first thing that comes to mind when you wake up.

Haha yes it does feel a bit like that. That feeling in your stomach goes for a few seconds but comes straight back when your mind goes back onto it. 

Does anyone know how many have gone back into the resale in recent years?  I wonder what the ratio of people trying will be, probably harder to get in the resale as main sale as people who have got tickets will be trying for friends who haven't.

5 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Does anyone know how many have gone back into the resale in recent years?  I wonder what the ratio of people trying will be, probably harder to get in the resale as main sale as people who have got tickets will be trying for friends who haven't.

Gleaned from previous years, it seems to be about 10%. Which is not far off 15k tickets. Let’s hope for publically undesirable headliners, and shitloads of pregnant people! 

5 hours ago, eastynh said:

I am not rich mate but I would not be arsed about losing £250 if I managed to get one in both resales. I would happily hand the coach ticket back.

I know everyone's circumstances are different and £250 is not to be scoffed at. Yet I still feel gutted and desperate times call for desperate measures.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you'd be able to do this.  Once your reg was used to buy a ticket in the coach resale you couldn't then use it again in the general resale.

Can I join this club BTW.  I know I've had a good innings, since 95 I've only missed 3, but next year will be my fiftieth year on this planet, I would very much like to raise my metaphorical bat to the pavilion down on the farm at the end of June.

1 hour ago, djcolsen said:

only group of 6 our of 36 that didn't get tickets, will have 36 trying for 6 in April so trying to remain positive

That’s decent. I have a friend from Bristol who had been in a group that size and got tickets for the past 14 years. But this year not all their group got them 

26 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Gleaned from previous years, it seems to be about 10%. Which is not far off 15k tickets. Let’s hope for publically undesirable headliners, and shitloads of pregnant people! 

Wow, I was expecting something like 2,000, that's given me a little more hope.  A small economic crisis wouldn't go amiss either!

1 hour ago, djcolsen said:

only group of 6 our of 36 that didn't get tickets, will have 36 trying for 6 in April so trying to remain positive

Jesus that's a lot of multiples of 4.

Be honest, you now have to sort your mates by preference.