Resale Club 2019

McCor

we still open to new members. No one in my set of groups got past the loading page. Ive not been in this position before, it feels weird, I don't know if i should cry or not. As much as it kills me il trying to stay really positive for the resale and look at all the competitions that pop up over the year. The worst thing is waiting for the resale seems so very far away already ha ha..!

"Nope postive vibes, happy feelings" i need to keep saying to myself..!

Can I just say, this thread has made me laugh a lot this evening - It's a bit like group therapy, or some sort of purgatory style ticket prison.

"the piece of sheet metal sat hidden by the fence, that when stepped on, made so much noise, i might as well have shouted 'over here' at the top of my lungs." - This line gets me EVERY time 

(Would also just like to mention how big a fan I am of the others, and always have been - they're some of my favourite people)

Unfortunately also a member of this club for 2019! Trying to stay positive for resale and go with the  "third time lucky mantra".  Coach sale was a fail, main sale was a fail and hopefully the third time of trying, the  resale, will bring success !

Tried in the coach sale and was only on the holding page and never got through.  The two others trying in my group were also not successful.

For main sale much of the same. However we pretty much never got past the holding page and even then hardly saw that as the majority of the time we couldn't get on the website. 

My  hope   towards the resale has been increased by the number of people saying they got tickets in the resale in previous years so determined to remain positive. 

Good luck to everyone  for April and happy to help if I am lucky enough to get some in the resale with others tickets after mine. I see that a lot of the people who got tickets in the main sale seemed to be able to get multiple sets!

Went to my first and second Glastonbury in 2005 and 2007  when I was 14 and 16 and tickets were kindly got my family friends. I  haven't managed to return since as  I have been living in New Zealand so hopefully this can be my year  and everybody else's year in the resale club thread!

9 hours ago, brixesmith said:

It was 20th April (coach packages) and 23rd April (the rest) last time, I'm also going away in April so not feeling confident. Though I wouldn't be feeling confident anyway given the numbers who haven't got tickets, it seems like the majority of people on here will be trying  in the resale and I don't remember that happening before...

9 hours ago, UEF said:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/2017-ticket-resale-faq/

20th (Coach) and 23rd (General) April

Basically it's enough time for people to finalise their deposits, see what gets refused by the banks etc., reopen registration and then put back on sale. 

Thanks for the replies

If they went for the same dates next year that would fall on the Easter weekend which I guess is unlikely

the weekend before and i’ll Be here - the weekend after and i’ll be away

fingers crossed for the weekend before!

5 minutes ago, Miathedog said:

This thread is also cheering me up a lot, and I also don't dare venture off it! Will lurk here for the next few months, try not to get too emotionally invested, and avoid all line up rumours, until the resale is done! 

^^^this

i feel safe in here *cradles knees and rocks gently back and forth*

plus I love the others, they’re so helpful and i would love to join their club in April too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jewboots said:

In my state of post-ticket day anxiety, I read the above as ‘the Otters’.

I’d be grateful for their help in April too!

In the Irish language,  an Otter is called 'Madra Uisce' which translates to 'Water Dog'

You're welcome!

Also grateful for any help from Otters and any other semi-amphibious creatures while we're at it! 

2 hours ago, jewboots said:

In my state of post-ticket day anxiety, I read the above as ‘the Otters’.

I’d be grateful for their help in April too!

We have an Otter in our local brook; we spotted it whilst racing yellow plastic ducks on New Years Day. I'll try and find out if it has an internet connection.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Worst thing about today, my 4 workmates who all got tickets, chatting about the lineup all day.

I’ve realised I’ve probably been that person every year until now, with little consideration for those without tickets. I feel bad!

I’m in, Glasto virgin at 54 and Re sale club virgin in one go. Fell upon this site just before T Day with great advice. Tried it all without success.  I read today, We don’t pick Glastonbury, Glastonbury picks us. Please let us all be a choosen one in the re sale ?

• Upvote 2

Resale dates since deposit scheme introduced in 2009 (all April):

2009 - 5th
2010 - 11th 
2011 - 17th 
2013 - 21st 
2014 - coach  24th / general 27th
2015 - coach  16th / general 19th
2016 - coach  14th / general 17th
2017 - coach  20th / general 23rd

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

Resale dates since deposit scheme introduced in 2009 (all April):

2009 - 5th
2010 - 11th 
2011 - 17th 
2013 - 21st 
2014 - coach  24th / general 27th
2015 - coach  16th / general 19th
2016 - coach  14th / general 17th
2017 - coach  20th / general 23rd

21st next year is Easter Sunday so highly unlikely that weekend, more likely to be 25th/28th

8 hours ago, wilko8 said:

The 7 Stages of not getting a Glastonbury Festival ticket

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
    You will probably react to not getting a ticket with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of this at some level (it hasn't really sold out, maybe my transaction magically went through even though I didn't get a sniff of a booking page, I could probably jump the fence...) in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.                                           
  2. PAIN & GUILT-
    As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs. You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do when trying to buy a ticket (I F5'd too much, I had too many browsers open, I knew I should have recruited the neighbours to help). Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.
  3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
    Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for not getting a ticket on someone else (it's See Tickets/Newbies/Eavii's/Theresa May's fault...
    the kids used up all the bloody internet watching Paw Patrol on Netflix, that's why I couldn't;t get through - it's their fault). Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion. 
    You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never drink again if you just get me a ticket")
  4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
    Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of not getting a Glastonbury ticket, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage.
    During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did at festivals gone by, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.
  5. THE UPWARD TURN-
    As you start to adjust to life without a Glastonbury ticket, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.
  6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
    As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without a Glastonbury ticket (Oxfam stewarding, bar work, litter picking, starting a band and dating Kate Moss, I reckon I really could jump the fence...). You will start to work on practical and financial problems (How do I save £9k for Camp Kerala) and reconstructing yourself and your life.
  7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
    During this, the last of the seven stages, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.

You will start to look forward and actually plan things for the future. Eventually, you will be able to think about your ticketless existence without pain; sadness, yes, but the wrenching pain will be gone. You will once again anticipate some good times to come, and yes, even find joy again in the experience of living.....As long as you get a ticket in the April re-sale!

So painfully true it's actually painful. I'm clearly still in stage 1. Lost count of the amout of times I checked my email 'just in case'

todsy was always gonna be the worst day. Looking at working options the same as everybody else. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

21st next year is Easter Sunday so highly unlikely that weekend, more likely to be 25th/28th

Yep, it's never been on Easter weekend.

However, although usually after, it has been before Easter. Also, the gap between balance deadline and resale day is usually 2 weeks but was only 1 week in 2016.

So with deposit deadline day being 7th April, it could possibly be 14th. 

#ThereIsNoPattern 

23 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

So with deposit deadline day being 7th April, it could possibly be 14th.

It wouldn't just be the 14th, though, it'd be the 11th and the 14th - which would mean they had essentially 3 days to do all their admin in which seems short based on past form.