Resale Club 2019

McCor

Hallo to all in this club ! Never done a resale before but the bug has well and truly bitten me now so will be trying again in April . Never failed to get a ticket before but this was the first year trying since 2010 and clearly there have been  lot of changes to the process since then . None of the 5 groups who I know that applied got a sniff of a ticket so it can only get better !  ;  ) 

This is hugely anecdotal and I don’t want to put a dampener on peoples spirits, but based on the number of mega groups being only half or even less than half successful this year, I’d expect the resale to be a bit more tricky this time around, not that it’s ever easy of course. 

If you’ve got one of these groups of 60 who only got 30 tickets, you’d have to assume that all 60 will be trying for all 30 in the resale.

I really hope this year is actually no different to any other year, but there really does seem to be be a lot of people who didn’t get anywhere near the full amount they were trying for.

3 hours ago, JoeyT said:

I always thought the resale was a blink and you miss it sort of sale?

The thingy... where you at? @Gnomicide

I got nothing. Except...

3 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

There is an official resale which is public knowledge, the festival themselves tweets about it etc.

Then in previous years (though not 2017 tickets) there has also been a secret resale of tickets, too. Think this lasted a few minutes and there were hardly any tickets available.

What he said.

My name is skier68 and I am a 'glastoholic'.

I have been sent to reluctantly join this club for a period of approximately 6 months. I am aware that succesful passing of this probationary period will lead to many additional benefits for club members. Words which today are intolerable and lead to severe depression such as 'cider bus', 'shangri-la' and even 'long-drop' will all result ridiculous grins and a warm fuzzy feeling rather than the current nausea. 

Failure to complete the probationary period results in spending the first 3 weeks of May living in the 'secet resales' thread.

As a repeat offender I have undertaken 1 previous successful completion of the club, and have also successfully assisted 4 people in the secret resale back when it was (a) vaguely secret and (b) it actually existed.

First task for all of us here is where possible refrain from punching anyone who asks you tomorrow morning 'so did you get tickets?'

Hope to see some of you in rehab at the efest meet next year. Think positive!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, LaurenEdwards93 said:

Work today is going to be difficult.

Everyone knows I love glastonbury and will be asking about it. To make the pain even worse we have to present a 5 minute presentation to our team in Monday meetings and it’s my turn, I chose glastonbury as my topic. Ugh!

I feel your pain.  I'm back to work today after 3 weeks in Asia.  Came home a day early for the ticket sale too. 

Currently sat in the car at office carpark trying to summon energy to go to my desk. 

Hope you have a good day though....I think its going to be a long one for both of us. 

• Upvote 1

I royally messed up in the ticket sale. They say talking about it is best...

got through 3 times

first time booted out after entering 6 reg numbers. 

Panic stations but got straight back in. 

Entered all details again. Page was lagging like hell. 

Card detail screen. Yes!!

entered details.....declined!

tried twice. Declined again. Rung my sister for a second card. By this point my timer had run out. 

Got through again. Entered reg details again! Then got the sold out screen. 

After a a few hours of quiet time  I found out what the issue with the card was.....I'd written down the wrong card for our details! 

gutted doesn't even come close 

first time in the club. Resale is a long way away  

Hi all, my own experiences of resale club,

2016 failed in the main sale but a very kindly efester managed to bag me a ticket in the resale.

2017  failed in the main sale and in the resale another very kindly efester managed to get through for me although I’d bloody forgotten to give her my postcode and by the time she managed to get through to me they had sold out. Completely my fault.

It does seem slightly easier in the resale probably down to the reduced numbers trying for tickets putting less pressure on the servers, (no real stories of hang ups as in the main sale and people getting though a lot quicker). HOWEVER, tickets do usually sell out in 10 mins or so, so you need to be organised and prepared. 

What is truly disheartening is seeing so many here that rallied for me last year in the run up to the ‘secret resale’ that as we know now didn’t happen. People that I still got excited with prior to last years festival even though I wasn’t going.☹️ you know who you are and I’ll try my best to be there for you in April.

Stay strong people, it’s a long long road.

1 hour ago, Carpyrob said:

I royally messed up in the ticket sale. They say talking about it is best...

got through 3 times

first time booted out after entering 6 reg numbers. 

Panic stations but got straight back in. 

Entered all details again. Page was lagging like hell. 

Card detail screen. Yes!!

entered details.....declined!

tried twice. Declined again. Rung my sister for a second card. By this point my timer had run out. 

Got through again. Entered reg details again! Then got the sold out screen. 

After a a few hours of quiet time  I found out what the issue with the card was.....I'd written down the wrong card for our details! 

gutted doesn't even come close 

first time in the club. Resale is a long way away  

That is grim. I never saw anything past the holding page but reading stories like that I almost think it's for the best

27 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Hi all, my own experiences of resale club,

2016 failed in the main sale but a very kindly efester managed to bag me a ticket in the resale.

2017  failed in the main sale and in the resale another very kindly efester managed to get through for me although I’d bloody forgotten to give her my postcode and by the time she managed to get through to me they had sold out. Completely my fault.

It does seem slightly easier in the resale probably down to the reduced numbers trying for tickets putting less pressure on the servers, (no real stories of hang ups as in the main sale and people getting though a lot quicker). HOWEVER, tickets do usually sell out in 10 mins or so, so you need to be organised and prepared. 

Stories like this give me hope! Reading a fair few stories of people getting through on resale day. We had about 20 people trying for the 12 of us this year and managed to get 6. This time we will have them concentrating on our group. Cautious optimism here!

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Did you get sorted in those 3 years, out of interest?

I did yeah!

2013 - secret resale (Stones, baby!!!)

2015 - I think was the general coach resale

2016 - I actually had mine sorted but got my sister and missus' in the secret resale again, by the time I hit the proceed with payment button and got the confirmation, it had sold out. Couldn't have been more than 60 seconds!

Didn't get anywhere near this time round. Hoping previous luck with the resales and secrets will work in my favour! 

Keep the faith, it is possible.  I’ve bought in the resale(except for last year) and secret resale’s (except for last year) quite a few times before. I do think that my buying ticket luck has finally run out.

You’re right @Milky Joeit is so disheartening to see so many familiar people in here this time around.

I’m not looking forward to splitting down my group into 2 lots either, this happened last year our first group of 4 got resale tickets. second group didn’t  (Mr moheetoes wasn’t happy and best friend missed out too - we were in separate groups due to family member’s 30th for glasto weekend)  

mid May to mid june last year was quite torturous in our household whilst camping in the secrets thread here.

Those who didn’t get through yesterday, I’m with you - not even getting past the holding page myself I’m gutted to be here again (was hoping for a respite year from resale’s - not had a main sale ticket bought for me since Oct 2014) but for those who progressed further to no avail i really feel your pain and despondency, been there too.

Come April, some may drop out as they won’t like the line up, some may drop out due to exams. People’s circumstances change (I had to give my ticket up in 2011 due to health issues) and some people just plain forget to pay their balances off in April.

it’s not over until those gates open next year and then there’s always the twix.