Resale Club 2019

McCor

Resale newbie here too.

Have been to every Glasto (I think!) since..... err........ 1994.

As others have said, I think it's going to get increasingly difficult to get tix in future, as peeps use more and more computers, gadgets, etc. That is, until they change the ticket buying process.

But - there's still a chance for 2019!

3 minutes ago, Havors said:

Anyone have experienceof the resale? Is it a repear of ticket day but with less tickets.? 

I badly need 5 tickets 

Well it's only my experience, but I tried for friends in the 2017 resale and found it a lot easier than the main sale

Only one person's experience though...

It's going to be a long six months isn't it! 12 out of our 36 got tickets, and I'm going to be so gutted if I can't join them next year.

I think I've got tickets 3 times out of 7 attempts, so pretty poor results - never actually tried in the main resale though, how is it? Is it hell? 

I remember some random resale back in 2010 I think it was, where I managed to get a ticket for a mate as someone posted the link up here, swear it was a Tuesday afternoon or something?! Halcyon days.

Just now, JoeyT said:

I always thought the resale was a blink and you miss it sort of sale?

The thingy... where you at? @Gnomicide

There is an official resale which is public knowledge, the festival themselves tweets about it etc.

Then in previous years (though not 2017 tickets) there has also been a secret resale of tickets, too. Think this lasted a few minutes and there were hardly any tickets available.

I know plenty that have been successful in the resale but at the same time going off what I've seen/heard, today is definitely the worst it's been since I first went (2011) for people getting sorted in the main sale. I imagine the demand come April will be high 

The first rule of Resale club is: You do not want to be in Resale club.

The second rule of Resale club is: You do not want to be in Resale club.

Third rule of Resale club: if during the main sale someone yells "Stop!", goes limp, taps out, and says tickets are sold out , you’re in resale club.

Fourth rule of resale club: only four tickets to a session.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The first rule of Resale club is: You do not want to be in Resale club.

The second rule of Resale club is: You do not want to be in Resale club.

Third rule of Resale club: if during the main sale someone yells "Stop!", goes limp, taps out, and says tickets are sold out , you’re in resale club.

Fourth rule of resale club: only four tickets to a session.

Forgot about that, the day just got even worse

I’m checking in. Please help me. It’s been a lonely day, weeping, slowing rocking in the corner. 

Ive been trying for the last 5 years or so, never been successful in getting ticket so I should be used to it now, but this was our year I thought.

21 tried today, only 1 managed to get through. send help ?

Edited by lendan

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Sorry about that. It’s why we’re a bit fucked as we had two groups of 6 and we didn’t get a sniff, so chances of everybody getting a ticket in  the resale are slim to none, plus didviding groups up will be a bitch.

Yeah it's the dividing bit, we had 0 out of 34 get tickets today

I think Groucho Marx said: "I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member."  But after today's efforts maybe it should be: "I don't care to go to any festival that will sell me a ticket."

Please count me in to the resale club, though the problem is that I'll be in Australia for the first two weeks of April.

Here's to secret resales and local offers,  I managed one year with a deal that was run by the Western Daily Press in Bristol.  You had to buy the paper every day for a week, collect the vouchers and then you went into a draw.  The winners didn't get free tickets, just the chance to pay for one.  But I managed to get a friend in Bristol to buy the paper, collect the vouchers, and I hit lucky.