Working The Festival

MichaelsBeard

there is lots of opportunities if people keep their ear to the ground 

this is not a bad list that #ilovelanegan posted   https://tinyurl.com/yag6okql

even although ' they miss out certain minor points ' such as - some of them will have a training day - so you have to factor that in - some of the shifts for shelter/Avalon has been changed - don't worry they will send full details 

As I hammer home to all new potential volunteers 'they should fully read the T&C Twice'

Other factors to take into consideration is that some Crew facilities are better than others - some have to share Crew facilities and others don't 

some have extra Security and others don't - some will offer one meal per day and others its two - some will have access to a cheap bar and others wont.

Please note ' that some will not allow you to camp in the main camping area ' - it will all be in the T&C's so check them. 

A few years ago I was amazed that people working for Charity-1 were given different shifts to Charity-2 working for XXXXXXX - they were doing the exact same job - they were camping together - I would have loved to have been there when the penny dropped that Charity-1 was doing 6 hour shifts and Charity-2 was doing 8 to 9 hour shifts.

Sure it does not make sense but I know Volunteers for Charity-2 would have been well pissed off with XXXXXXX

There is a lot to take into consideration so don't rush into anything  

Please also watch out for Companies that don't take a deposit or very little deposit.

trust me they are out there 

why ? - I was at Latitude and the bloody General crew Catering Company did not take a deposit - I knew what was going to happen even before it did happen.

They walked in picked up their crew wrist band and then vanished - the Catering Company was down 12 Volunteers so the Volunteers that were left had to do extra work - the Catering Company had to reduce the hours it was open

All this because the Catering Company did not take a deposit

all the Volunteers that remained worked really hard but it was impossible to keep it open for its agreed hours # so they had to pay a fine and the company went bust.#

the WBC does not take a deposit as its run in a different way - they don't take on the general public - its rare that people vanish.  

Edited by glasto-worker
  • Upvote 1