Anyone bought tickets AFTER 'sold out' page appeared?

Freya24

Hiya, so today we managed to get hold of Glastonbury tickets after the most gut wrenching 42 minutes of our lives. Finally get through and only halfway through the form when the dreaded sold out page appeared I couldn't believe it. 

But I had heard a rumour that a few extra tickets go on sale after that page appears if you try hard enough, so I kept refreshing and after 4 minutes we were through! This time we secured 4 tickets and I was ecstatic!

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a common occurrence? I can only imagine they either put the sold out page up just before they actually sell out to slow down traffic, or the system takes a while to process the last few tickets left?

Edited by Freya24
Spelling error

1 minute ago, Freya24 said:

Hiya, so today we managed to get hold of Glastonbury tickets after the most gut wrenching 42 minutes of our lives. Finally get through and only halfway through the form when the dreaded sold out page appeared I couldn't believe it. 

But I had heard a rumour that a few extra tickets go on sale after that page appears if you try hard enough, so I kept refreshing and after 4 minutes we were through! This time we secured 4 tickets and I was ecstatic!

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it a common occurrence? I can only imagine they either put the sold out page up just before they actually sell out to slow down traffic, or the system takes a while to process the last few tickets left?

I carried on pressing F5 on the holding screen for a good five minutes for exactly this reason but sadly didn’t get your luck. It’s defintelg true though, because I noticed that for a good 5 minutes or more the URL was still the same one ending /1300000 that was basically the holding page even once it said sold out, but then eventually the URL changed to something else.

I guess you’ve got to be as lucky to get through after it says sold out as you have during the actual sale, but it is at least possible for a few minutes.

I didn't manage it this year, but it does happen every year.

In the 2017 resales I got to the ticket form with the "tickets not currently available" statement in place of selecting the number of tickets I wanted. Kept refreshing and it let me order a ticket after a few minutes of frantic refreshing.  This was around the time of the official sell out (though it's a bit foggy in my mind if it was just before or just after it was officially sold out).

I'm pretty sure if you get the "Glastonbury is sold out" page, you're out of luck, since this is  straight up cutting off access to the ticket form. It's getting from the holding page to the ticket form that is the great stumbling block. Once on the ticket form and "in the system" you have a much better chance of getting through by refreshing. It looks like the people who got the tickets after sell out were on the ticket form so could keep refreshing that page.

Edited by fowls

I've never actually bought them after it has officially sold out, but I've been on the reg page twice and it's let me proceed to the payments page. In both cases the tickets had gone by the time I'd entered my details and was finally thrown out once the session had timed out.