sedra

The Weather Thread 2019

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I told two colleagues yesterday that a heatwave was on the way tot he UK. I couldn't believe they didn't know. Then realised not everyone has been checking the forecast 45 times a day for the last month.

I wish this wasn't true but its pretty accurate

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevbizarre said:

I’m just about to set off from the Midlands and it is chilly and breezy!

Hope the hundred miles down south make the difference because I have packed for ☀️ 

Chilly and breezy is perfect for hiking in with all your gear, much better than sweating and burning in the queue.   

I think this Glastonbury is going to be a classic weather wise 😎 - have fun everyone!

14 minutes ago, Homer said:

I told two colleagues yesterday that a heatwave was on the way tot he UK. I couldn't believe they didn't know. Then realised not everyone has been checking the forecast 45 times a day for the last month.

This is true. Casually dropped the battle between the European high and the Atlantic low into conversation at the pub over the weekend, and everyone looked at me like I'm mad.

Maybe they're right, but at least I'm not alone!

After a couple of humid and hot days in London today felt positively fresh! Perfect weather for getting to Victoria, overcast and not too warm, which was so much more pleasant than the journey up in 2017. Really feel like we might nail the weather this year lads. Over halfway there now and feeling quite calm but contented about being at my favourite place in the world again soon :)

Aye, the rains threat looks to have gone. Possibly some drizzle but nothing substantial!

Image result for matrix dodge gif

Just been to a medical staff meeting and we have been told there is a 80% chance of a heatwave for Thursday Friday and Saturday of temperatures over 30 degrees. Drink lots of water please.

Any idea how hot it is down there right now? It's super cold in Nottingham! Not sure what to wear on the train down to Bristol tonight.

The rain BBC predicted at 2pm is not happening now. The radar shows it shot its last loads over Beaminster. 

You now have clear skies for the rest of the festival. Enjoy.

Edited by danbailey80

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Any idea how hot it is down there right now? It's super cold in Nottingham! Not sure what to wear on the train down to Bristol tonight.

Don't know temperature but the suns currently out and it's lovely and warm, not been cold once today and I've had t-shirt and shorts all day.

2 hours ago, westholtschic said:

Just been to a medical staff meeting and we have been told there is a 80% chance of a heatwave for Thursday Friday and Saturday of temperatures over 30 degrees. Drink lots of water please.

Yes, I’ll be drinking plenty of fluids.

In an unbelievable act of stupidity, I forgot to change in to my walking boots before setting off. I currently have two pairs of trainers for the festival.

Thinking of buying wellies when I get there tomorrow just to be safe. 

17 minutes ago, jparx said:

In an unbelievable act of stupidity, I forgot to change in to my walking boots before setting off. I currently have two pairs of trainers for the festival.

Just buy some if/when you need them! 

47 minutes ago, jparx said:

You’ll be fine.

• Upvote 1

What a brilliant thread. An epic with a cast of thousands and (it looks like) a happy ending.

8 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Latest update: everything’s the same. Saturday probably hottest day now, up to 28. 

😎

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d145d2b7250575a55

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Even Brandon Flowers couldn't fuck up this forecast.

Scenes when you’re in the middle of The Pymild Saturday night, glowing like a sunburnt beacon singing “I’m The Man” at the top of your voice.