The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

37 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I didn't post much but I have followed this thread and The State of the Ground avidly via a constant stream of email updates over the past few weeks. It has genuinely been emotional. Thanks so much guys and especially @briddj for making this such a wild ride, with such a happy ending!

I can hardly believe it and am properly buzzing :)

See you on the farm!!

One more to go, just for old time's sake!

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm going to wear my boots and take my trainers.

Exactly the same here.  Don't want to ruin trainers on the way in.  Pretty sure we'll be able to ditch the boots pretty soon after we're set up.

Just now, Sasperella said:

Oh god. Now I don't know what to take for the way in :wacko:?

I figured on wearing walking boots because you never know when you might need/want them (great ankle support if needed) and it's easier to wear them than carry them! 

I'm wearing my wellies on the train journey tomorrow. I like to know I have them 'just in-case', plus they are useful for late night/early morning loo trips. But am really looking forward to being able to wear my converse all weekend :)

I’m missing this year having been to last 5, due to arrival of a new babber, but after following this thread for the last few years I couldn’t resist checking it out. I’m made up for everyone that it’s looking like a vintage weather year - the sort that might be the back drop to the best festival / 5 days of your life. Wishing everyone an incredible time!

4pm update: cloudy, but the horrible humidity for earlier has gone and we now have quite a stiff (chilly) breeze which will dry things up nicely. I’m at Williams Green and there are puddles at the edge of the road but the road itself is back to throwing up dust when vans go by. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, pie_and_a_pint said:

4pm update: cloudy, but the horrible humidity for earlier has gone and we now have quite a stiff (chilly) breeze which will dry things up nicely. I’m at Williams Green and there are puddles at the edge of the road but the road itself is back to throwing up dust when vans go by. 

Thanks! I will take my wellies primarily for tomorrow even though I don't think I'll be on site until 4pm! 

It's the kind of mud you can navigate okay with sensible shoes, wellies would make it easier to walk straight through. I went for a run this morning and my trainers are sodden but was manageable. Sun's out now which helps, not sure if the further rain threat has passed yet but it's not rained significantly since the overnight rain that stopped around 8 this morning

Can't believe I've spent a grotesque amount of time on this thread but completely didn't take note of the forecast for where I live today. I was so consumed with the forecast for Pilton I didn't realise we were getting wall to wall torrential rain all day in Nottingham.

About to walk through a very muddy field and wood with no rain coat and old Nike trainers ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

East 20. All good.

20190625_174105.jpg

Woohoo, clean trainers! I'm definitely gonna wait and decide whether to wear my wellies when I leave the house. My housemate can bring them with him, I'm just worried about my trainers getting wrecked on the way to pylon. But it's really not that far....

12z update for those still here. Apologies for lameness of this compared to @briddj's efforts. 

Tomorrow:

Completely dry. Temps around 20 degrees.

Thursday:

Completely dry. Temps up to 22 degrees.

Friday:

Completely dry. Temps up to 23 degrees.

Saturday:

Completely dry. Band of rain to the North but no touching the SW.  Temps up to 24 degrees.

Sunday:

Dry, perhaps some very light drizzle in the am. Temps a bit lower, 19/20. Also, high likelihood of Kylie. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

12z update for those still here. Apologies for lameness of this compared to @briddj's efforts. 

Tomorrow:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Completely dry. Band of rain to the North but no touching the SW.  Temps up to 24 degrees.

Sunday:

Dry, perhaps some very light drizzle in the am. Temps a bit lower, 19/20. Also, high likelihood of Kylie. 

So now Saturday is warmer that Friday? That's interesting!

All delightful temps though. Hopefully @FuzzyDunlop is a bit happier with this!

So, this is. The emotional rollercoaster is over. The last update in full, the 12Z is here!

Sorry for the delay - the Sunday afternoon charts took aggggggeeeesss!

Pressure: Building to a high through the week before beginning to fall after in the early hours of Saturday. This again remains really consistent, with low pressure NOT winning.

Precipitation: We're now CLEAR OF RAIN THROUGH THE WHOLE FESTIVAL except for the miniscule risk of light rain on Sunday afternoon.

This is what it looks like when the gates open:

image.thumb.png.a9e6bdd656869ce68cdf70a28df5e9ef.png

Max Temperature (BBC app, Accuweather temp in brackets): Wednesday 20 (21, 21), Thursday 21-22 (23, 24), Friday 23 (26, 26), Saturday 23-24 (25, 22), Sunday 20 (20, 20)

Summary: Again temperatures have been tracked down a degree here and there, and the Met Office too is now going with 22 for Saturday rather than the 23-25 shown elsewhere. So the real oppresive heat has definitely being edged further east as the days have gone by. 

Reminder that there will be a very good breeze all weekend - especially Wednesday to Friday. This might well be a bonus, but do be cautious as a breeze can lull you into a false sense of security vis a vis the sun and sun burn! Also, we don't really want that dust kicked up too much!

And that's that from my mega updates. Have a good weekend!

Edited by briddj
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Tomorrow:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

Apologies I was always planning on doing the 182Z - the Sunday just took a bloody age to come through!