The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

37 minutes ago, redrog said:

How hard? Torrential hard or more than a drizzle hard? I want pictures, avocados and jam jars!

Been enough to make the ground moist but not to bad. We are in campsite next to Ped gate B and it looking great. Can’t wait for you all to join the best party in the world 

Just now, DareToDibble said:

So weird. I was having this exact conversation earlier saying I love the smell and that it had a name but couldn’t for the life of me remember what it was!

Trust me....I'm a Librarian. :D

Latest from JackOne!

Some of you have been very kind to send some site photos and conditions are looking good, however if the models are correct for the next 6 days, there will be a big change.

I know some of you will be off to the festival for the next few days, so have a good one and remember to keep in touch via the Net Weather twitter account which will publish a link to all new blog posts.

Enough padding by me and on for with the forecast, which will again do the forecast for each day of the forecast.

Overview
Monday and Tuesday are looking very wet with large volumes of rain and thunderstorms a given at this stage unfortunately. The site may take a drenching Monday evening, Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning. 

Wednesday 26 June 
High Pressure will change to low pressure over the UK, with NW winds expected over Glastonbury, pressure is expected to be around 1012-1013mb, Unfortunately this means almost guaranteed rain.

Thursday 26 June

Low Pressure continues to dominate, with winds West to NW over Glastonbury, pressure again expected to be around 1012-1013mb. A weather front is still forecast to be embedded with the Low Pressure. At this stage the continuing expectation for the heaviest of the rain is to hit the festival site. Temps are expected to be around 19-20c.

Friday 27 June

Slight variances in the models at this point, but the general theme is for Low Pressure to be slightly further out west with winds West to North West, and for the pattern to be slightly flatter than on Thursday, with pressure around 1014-1016mb. Friday is now expected to be extremely wet according to the models, but with quite a bit of uncertainty about the cloud amount.

Saturday 28 June

The general pattern of Low Pressure to our South West is agreed. Pressure for the Glastonbury area between models ranges from 1010-1012mb, and some have the centre of the High quite close to the UK, others halfway to the Azores. It does seem likely to be again extremely wet and temps are likely to be low to mid 20s. Some sunny spells seem likely but some uncertainty at this stage.

Sunday 29 June

There seems even less agreement on Sunday's weather, the general theme of Low Pressure being nearby is agreed, beyond that no real agreement, with pressure forecast between 102l15-103l16mb and that is not even including the ensembles. Winds are likely to be from a West to South West direction and with 850Hpa temps around 10c, it not likely to be cold. So in summary looking wet, warm with temps low-mid 20s, and the chance of some sunshine.

Overall

The total rainfall charts are very consistent with rainfall, both runs go for around 80-90mm of rainfall in the next 9 days.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Latest from JackOne!

Some of you have been very kind to send some site photos and conditions are looking good, however if the models are correct for the next 6 days, there will be a big change.

I know some of you will be off to the festival for the next few days, so have a good one and remember to keep in touch via the Net Weather twitter account which will publish a link to all new blog posts.

Enough padding by me and on for with the forecast, which will again do the forecast for each day of the forecast.

Overview
Monday and Tuesday are looking very wet with large volumes of rain and thunderstorms a given at this stage unfortunately. The site may take a drenching Monday evening, Tuesday night and into Wednesday morning. 

Wednesday 26 June 
High Pressure will change to low pressure over the UK, with NW winds expected over Glastonbury, pressure is expected to be around 1012-1013mb, Unfortunately this means almost guaranteed rain.

Thursday 26 June

Low Pressure continues to dominate, with winds West to NW over Glastonbury, pressure again expected to be around 1012-1013mb. A weather front is still forecast to be embedded with the Low Pressure. At this stage the continuing expectation for the heaviest of the rain is to hit the festival site. Temps are expected to be around 19-20c.

Friday 27 June

Slight variances in the models at this point, but the general theme is for Low Pressure to be slightly further out west with winds West to North West, and for the pattern to be slightly flatter than on Thursday, with pressure around 1014-1016mb. Friday is now expected to be extremely wet according to the models, but with quite a bit of uncertainty about the cloud amount.

Saturday 28 June

The general pattern of Low Pressure to our South West is agreed. Pressure for the Glastonbury area between models ranges from 1010-1012mb, and some have the centre of the High quite close to the UK, others halfway to the Azores. It does seem likely to be again extremely wet and temps are likely to be low to mid 20s. Some sunny spells seem likely but some uncertainty at this stage.

Sunday 29 June

There seems even less agreement on Sunday's weather, the general theme of Low Pressure being nearby is agreed, beyond that no real agreement, with pressure forecast between 102l15-103l16mb and that is not even including the ensembles. Winds are likely to be from a West to South West direction and with 850Hpa temps around 10c, it not likely to be cold. So in summary looking wet, warm with temps low-mid 20s, and the chance of some sunshine.

Overall

The total rainfall charts are very consistent with rainfall, both runs go for around 80-90mm of rainfall in the next 9 days.

Can someone please post something that contradicts this horror ASAP