The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

19 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

JEANS?? Wellies are one thing, but jeans are just about the worst festival clothes going IMHO. They take forever to dry if it is wet and they have tiny pockets without zips.

Yes "JEANS"...! I've been to every Glastonbury Festival since 1993 and I have never had any issues with wearing them (Admittedly I sometimes don't wear any clothes there at all!) but still, I have had no problems with "JEAN'S"...! ?

28 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

JEANS?? Wellies are one thing, but jeans are just about the worst festival clothes going IMHO. They take forever to dry if it is wet and they have tiny pockets without zips.

The synthetic ones you get now dry really quickly tbf. 

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

NO WAY???

Fair enough :)

I do understand the anti jean thing ? But I've just always taken good water proof trousers ?

49 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

Ok, whatever the appropriate soluble tablet is then!  

50 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Berocca doesn't contain electrolytes, it won't help with that at all - but they are nice and do seem to brighten me up a bit.

For most of the time you don't need to worry about adding electrolytes. Unless you're planning marathon activity levels just keeping topped up on fluids when you feel thirsty is fine. Just don't get dehydrated. Easy electrolyte solution if you really want is a full fat coke and a packet of crisps. The coke has sugar and the crisps have the salt, then your gut has a clever transport mechanism that will happily absorb all the fluid. It's a handy trick if you get the runs abroad - adding dioralyte is all well and good but you don't know the provenance of the water, whereas a can of (and in this instance it needs to be full fat because the sugar/salt/water exchange is key) coke or a sealed bottle of coke is essentially guaranteed to be safe water. Just add some deep fried potatoes (again almost guaranteed to be safe to eat) and sprinkle a little salt. Bingo! Btw I'm not suggesting this is perfect or the way to treat proper dehydration but it's a quick and easy method of you're fundamentally OK! 

Beer has quite a lot of electrolytes in it but that doesn't mean it'll keep you from getting dehydrated! 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Trying to remember if I've ever met The Nal, I went to the efests meet up once in 2015 and met a few people, but if I remember rightly @Wooderson bought me a pint and told me that The Nal was (and I quote) 'around here somewhere, walking about like sex on legs' but unsure if we actually crossed paths.

True story.

Confirmed.

4 minutes ago, briddj said:

The torrential rain is now back in the early hours of Tuesday.

I think when it comes down it that rain early on Tuesday is really going to be hit or miss. I'm not sure we can trust the forecast too much either way in this case and we'll just have to cross our fingers and see what happens...

34 minutes ago, sime said:

Yes "JEANS"...! I've been to every Glastonbury Festival since 1993 and I have never had any issues with wearing them (Admittedly I sometimes don't wear any clothes there at all!) but still, I have had no problems with "JEAN'S"...! ?

I only wear jeans in the normal world if they're crazy flares and these are not suitable for even the tiniest amount of mud (I learnt this at Reading 2004). 

But this also goes for normal trousers so I'm probably a bit of an outlier