The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

14 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

Best weather thread. EVER!

A wild, wild ride....

An incredible mix of Uber optimists, pessimists, psychics, trolls, wannabe meteorologists, old wives tales believers, white witches, global climate scientists and sceptics.  A typical  Glastonbury crowd. 

Me? I just pin my hopes on good old auntie beeb (and hoping that by increasing my monthly direct debit to wateraid it will somehow bring good fortune on us) 

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

An incredible mix of Uber optimists, pessimists, psychics, trolls, wannabe meteorologists, old wives tales believers, white witches, global climate scientists and sceptics. 

And 'The Nal':clapping:

Here's the 00Z then.... what will it bring?

Pressure: Rising to Wednesday though it's actually not as strong as before. Low again moves in to take control on Sunday.

Precipitation: Rain still arriving 3pm Sunday through to Monday morning with a bit of heavy stuff in there, as before. The dry until Tuesday morning when another band of heavy rain is showing as moving through 9am to midday, similar to before.

Now a bit of rain around overnight into Wednesday, but dry when the gates open and there's some showers around at midday on Thursday (it's not much). Then looks dry (though risk of some rain late on Friday) until 3pm on Saturday through to 9pm when there's a fair bit around. Very light rain around late on Sunday.

Max Temperature: Today 19-20, Sunday 21-22, Monday 21-22, Tuesday 20-21, Wednesday 25-26, Thursday 24, Friday 26, Saturday 27-28, Sunday 19-20

Summary: Midweek temps have shifted towards the end of the week. I would sort of call this an average run as the Saturday afternoon rain wouldn't be a laugh. Come on you high pressure, fight back!

Edited by briddj
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T-Mouse said:

Good lord. The worst run yet that. I'm starting to get a bit shook. Fully realise the specifics right now are pointless but the continued pattern of rain in and around the south west makes for horrible reading. We need a big 06z....

Come on, the 00Z is not as bad as yesterday's relenteless rain from Friday 3pm throughout the WHOLE FESTIVAL!

4 minutes ago, briddj said:

I'm only reporting what the GFS site says.

I don't KNOW anything!

The SLP/H500 thingy majig seems to suggest that high pressure wins out through weekend and lows stay west over towards southern ireland.

https://www.netweather.tv/charts-and-data/ecmwf 

WHAT AM I DOING FFS...

Edited by tumbles

Am amazed at the number of pages and views on this thread - everyone seems to be having a great time speculating over the weather as usual ? Maybe if you aren’t a Gold Member by now you you should think about it!  Keep @eFestivals going- where else would you get this much entertainment outside of the festival itself! 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, sedra said:

Am amazed at the number of pages and views on this thread - everyone seems to be having a great time speculating over the weather as usual ? Maybe if you aren’t a Gold Member by now you you should think about it!  Keep @eFestivals going- where else would you get this much entertainment outside of the festival itself! 

'RECENTLY BROWSING   99 MEMBERS", 9am on a Saturday morning too! 

1 minute ago, Flysheet said:

I’ve been saying don’t trust the BBC for days and now we find they’ve got the best forecast. 

I’m sticking to my guns, don’t trust the BBC!

Don't trust them, fine, but definitely keep them, right?