The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

I'd take 2013 a little rain Thursday or Friday night iirc other than that pretty good.

Id also take 2015. Got drenched waiting for motorhead to come on but not bad apart from that.

If we're talking ideal conditions nothing but 2010 for me. But I am a sun lover and most of my group I went with suffered in the relentless heat.

• Like 1

I don’t know how you all remember everything in such detail. I’ve been to some Glastos, there was some mud, some rain and some sun (mainly in 2017). I watched some bands. It was fun. ??‍♀️ 

I missed 2010 mind, I probably would have remembered that one. 

18 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I don’t know how you all remember everything in such detail. I’ve been to some Glastos, there was some mud, some rain and some sun (mainly in 2017). I watched some bands. It was fun. ??‍♀️ 

I missed 2010 mind, I probably would have remembered that one. 

It's because I've been on here discussing each one in excruciating detail ever since.

10 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Definitely stick!

I note that it states in the article that there is no pattern. Like a lot of important things in life it seems.

Even in last year's scorching summer, I managed to go to three festivals and it rained at each one.  Not just a little drizzle for an hour or so either, proper hard rain!  Still had a ball at every one though.  

But please be sunshine this year at every one.

47 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Even in last year's scorching summer, I managed to go to three festivals and it rained at each one.  Not just a little drizzle for an hour or so either, proper hard rain!  Still had a ball at every one though.  

But please be sunshine this year at every one.

That's really bad luck.

Have you got a Glastonbury ticket ?

On 5/13/2019 at 8:08 PM, Zoo Music Girl said:

Loving the latest! 

On a side note I really struggle to remember a Sunday that hasn't had good weather in my history of the festival (since 2008, bar 2016). Am I right?

I can think of one Sunday that was atrocious. Admittedly outside of your history, but 2007 was absolutely terrible. The occasional hard showers had given way to it chucking it down continually, all day long. I still have PTSD.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dccool said:

I'd take 2013 a little rain Thursday or Friday night iirc other than that pretty good.

Id also take 2015. Got drenched waiting for motorhead to come on but not bad apart from that.

If we're talking ideal conditions nothing but 2010 for me. But I am a sun lover and most of my group I went with suffered in the relentless heat.

Why not 2017? Wednesday madness aside, it was much better than 2010 for me. Nice and hot, with the tiny amount of drizzle not even managing to get the dust wet, it was pretty much perfect.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Why not 2017? Wednesday madness aside, it was much better than 2010 for me. Nice and hot, with the tiny amount of drizzle not even managing to get the dust wet, it was pretty much perfect.

2017 was perfect for me. 2010 was glorious but the heat was sapping at times. I'd take 2014 and 2015 again in a heartbeat. Not so sure about 2011 and the less said about 2016, the better.

Still another promising set of forecasts, dry and average (if not higher) temperatures sounds perfect to me.  Let's see if this continues!

18 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I can think of one Sunday that was atrocious. Admittedly outside of your history, but 2007 was absolutely terrible. The occasional hard showers had given way to it chucking it down continually, all day long. I still have PTSD.

Yes I have a friend who went that year. I've heard awful things...

39 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This - we had enough and went home Sunday morning in 2007! 

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Didn't go in 2017. Sounds ideal.

In the absence of an announcement, I have found myself checking various weather sources..... Anyone else finding that they're all a bit too good to be true? AccueWeather in particular. 

I know they're not accurate yet, and I fully expect an appropriate meme from The Nap, but still!! Better than a video of water erupting out of the ground 

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

In the absence of an announcement, I have found myself checking various weather sources..... Anyone else finding that they're all a bit too good to be true? AccueWeather in particular. 

I tend to do a check of the main sites on mondays and fridays but yeah, so far they have all been quite good for Glastonbury weekend itself.

Accuweather looks like a solid stick at the moment, metcheck's forecast is mostly similar, however it says that there will be 15mm of rain on the friday before G, which is a tad concerning!  

Generally though, there's the expected occasional shower forecast between now and Glastonbury  so I would imagine/hope that the ground will be in good enough shape to handle a downpour.  

2007 was my first glasto, so in a way i was able to get past the weather due to excitement. Waking up on the monday morning and sticking my head out of the tent to see our gazebo flapping about barely tethered to the ground was grim!

Watching ELO in 2016 performing Mr Blue Sky during heavy rain, unable to sit down and with a brutal hangover was one of the bleakest glasto moments for me...luckily LCD Soundsystem came to the rescue with one of my all time favourite glasto sets.

6 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I tend to do a check of the main sites on mondays and fridays but yeah, so far they have all been quite good for Glastonbury weekend itself.

Accuweather looks like a solid stick at the moment, metcheck's forecast is mostly similar, however it says that there will be 15mm of rain on the friday before G, which is a tad concerning!  

Generally though, there's the expected occasional shower forecast between now and Glastonbury  so I would imagine/hope that the ground will be in good enough shape to handle a downpour.  

Yeh I saw that ....the rest of June looks mostly dry apart from that and a couple of 4mm days. It looked worrying (for one thing, they'd put it in a different, slightly more alarming colour) but I had no idea how much it would translate too. How many mms do you reckon it got in that big storm in 2005?

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Indeed, 2017 was more or less as close to perfect as I've seen in almost 20 years of attendance. The excessive heat on the Wednesday made queuing and setting up camp quite challenging, but after that it was plain sailing.