The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

1 minute ago, stopwn1981 said:

Rock am Ring. Authorities revoked licence due to public safety. I am not saying that will happen here, but you can bet your arse Somerset/Mendip emergency planning are watching very closely. 

No more so than most Junes when the forecast is similar and has a risk of storms.

2 minutes ago, stopwn1981 said:

Rock am Ring. Authorities revoked licence due to public safety. I am not saying that will happen here, but you can bet your arse Somerset/Mendip emergency planning are watching very closely. 

Actually not. Other festival called Hurricane (I know, its kinda asking for it). It had  had some cancellations on Friday and the entire Saturday but resumed back to normal on Sunday. All I tried to say is that it might turn pretty sour even though the forecast does not look as bad right now. With this forecast it is pretty unpredictable.

Just now, kleinerkiwi said:

Actually not. Other festival called Hurricane (I know, its kinda asking for it). It had  had some cancellations on Friday and the entire Saturday but resumed back to normal on Sunday. All I tried to say is that it might turn pretty sour even though the forecast does not look as bad right now. With this forecast it is pretty unpredictable.

Are these festivals "arena" festivals, where they can kick everyone out into the campsite/local town and away from the big structures until it passes?  Can't be doing that at the big G.  

Anyway, it's gonna be fine!

Well watch the local news(I'm outside bath) and they mentioned Glastonbury, seemed to indicate that that the festival may be ok and the Thunderstorm will only be Tuesday. Did say it would be ALOT of rain which would not be good for gates opening. However he said we would need to keep a close eye as it may miss altogether.  reckon Thursday was no rain on the little symbol things

1 minute ago, ogriff said:

Are these festivals "arena" festivals, where they can kick everyone out into the campsite/local town and away from the big structures until it passes?  Can't be doing that at the big G.  

Anyway, it's gonna be fine!

Yeah, and that worries me a bit. They actually emptied the entire campsite (lol they forgot to evacuate me cause I slept through it all) according to safety laws and I don't know how they would do it at glasto.

Anyways, fingers crossed. It'll be fine. I'll be there from Monday anyways with Oxfam and survive the worst downpours

Not going to lie, this thread was much more fun this afternoon. :)

However re thunderstorms they tend to be fairly localised rather than cover a whole region. Pretty sure I remember sitting on the south hill in 09 and watching a thunderstorm in the distance on the other side of the valley. It was actually pretty fun to watch.

I'd be much more worried if we had persistent rain threatening. It looks like the farm can cope with the odd storm this year, I don't think we'll have five days of mud, one or two maybe, and we can all cope with that right?

• Like 1