The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

19 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Loving the latest! 

On a side note I really struggle to remember a Sunday that hasn't had good weather in my history of the festival (since 2008, bar 2016). Am I right?

2011 was the magic year for that 

Rain and mud all weekend, then miraculously waking up on Sunday with it being 30 degrees and the mud all cleared up

I've dug out my wellies and boots, cleaned them off. I'll apply 4-5 coats of dubbin to the boots between now and Glasto, the wellies I've fitted the Gel insoles that are on offer at Aldi and cleaned them with car tyre restorer so they're nice black & shiny....

I won't be taking the camping chairs as Mr mouse had nested in them over the winter (that'll teach me to store them in the shed) - also chewed through a wind-break and a couple of poncho's - good job the tent was in the house!

I'll be ordering a couple of replacement poncho's from Amazon just in case and some survival silver ones as they're really waterproof and fit in your pocket easily just in case of a major downpour.

If I don't prepare for a wet one it will be, I took plenty of waterproof stuff in 2017 and it was glorious - so I'm planning on doing the same this year. I foolishly tried doing 2016 in hiking boots, gaiters and a lightweight waterproof jacket and was broken by Saturday.

4 hours ago, Xeph1995 said:

It's gonna be far too hot all weekend is my prediction, I can't see it being muddy, might rain one day. We've had fuck all rain this year it feels like in general. 

4 hours ago, briddj said:

It's really cold at night. You would be a fool to stick and it ain't 10/10!

Both of you are like a red rag to the weather god bull.

Todays weather is a hell of a lot better than all the individual festival days I have ever been to....

13 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Both of you are like a red rag to the weather god bull.

Todays weather is a hell of a lot better than all the individual festival days I have ever been to....

Glastonbury 2015 was better weather than it is now for all of its 5 days absolute scorther of a festival. the hotest fesitval ive ever been too. 

Edited by Xeph1995

5 minutes ago, Xeph1995 said:

Glastonbury 2015 was better weather than it is now for all of its 5 days absolute scorther of a festival. the hotest fesitval ive ever been too. 

It pissed it down at one point didn't it? Thunderstorm shut down stages and my wellies filled with rainwater.

Edit: I thought you said 2014. But we still had rain in 2015 too.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It pissed it down at one point didn't it? Thunderstorm shut down stages and my wellies filled with rainwater.

Barely any if I remember correctly no more than a few light showers, I remember at least 3/5 days being far too hot. 

28 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Friday afternoon 2014, was hell of a downpour but sunny thereafter.

58 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It pissed it down Friday afternoon/early evening in 2015. Remember getting absolutely soaked watching Wolf Alice in the Park.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

It pissed it down Friday afternoon/early evening in 2015. Remember getting absolutely soaked watching Wolf Alice in the Park.

Ah yes, memories of that one.Walked up from the Pyramid, tried to get cover under the Glade, no chance there , everyone cowering for cover, stopped a bit and went up to the Park to watch Wold Alice and made the mistake of taking off the pocho to put something in my bag and it suddenly chucked it down, hence got soaked!

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was there. Watch the rain coming in thinking. It might just skim us.... It didn't.

Yeah 2015 wasn't bad at all. I just wouldn't describe it as an out-and-out scorcher. Probably only 2010 takes that crown though.

To be honest much as I support the idea of wall to wall sunshine, I'd probably take any weather from 2008 through to 2017 bar 2011 and 2014 (and 2016 from what I've heard). All had a decent mix of sun and a few patches of rain but nothing too drastic. 2011 had that depressing wet Friday and 2014 was just a bit too muddy, albeit could have been a lot worse.

17 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah 2015 wasn't bad at all. I just wouldn't describe it as an out-and-out scorcher. Probably only 2010 takes that crown though.

To be honest much as I support the idea of wall to wall sunshine, I'd probably take any weather from 2008 through to 2017 bar 2011 and 2014 (and 2016 from what I've heard). All had a decent mix of sun and a few patches of rain but nothing too drastic. 2011 had that depressing wet Friday and 2014 was just a bit too muddy, albeit could have been a lot worse.

2013 was probably a good happy medium from memory we had very little rain?